FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Data writing permitions denied Android 4.4.2 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
fr.grangier

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jul 27, 2014 07:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you again to consider my problem, I just tried 2.05 beta version of total commander, when I modify Platform.xml, I have a warning window saying impossible to save new file Sad
This protection is super tough, what a mistake from Android!
It is useless to have an android market when all the software are suddenly not able to work properly! Even a simple texte editor is not able to save files on sd or ext sd!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 01, 2014 23:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have made a workaround which should help at least some users: If the phone is connected via USB-Cable then MyPhoneExplorer does try to transfer the files via MTP. Please test and report: http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Dawei

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 03, 2014 06:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

My LG Pro just updated to Android 4.4.2 and now I can't transfer files from Computer to Phone using MPE.

Still working on it, but I just found I was able to by connecting directly with USB cable (but not installing any of the software offered).
Then navigate to System storage\external_SD\documents\ (in my case)
It let me create a new folder, then I could drag and drop files from the computer into the new folder on the SD card.

All the best,
David in Taiwan
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 25, 2014 23:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

With MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.6 you can do it too - but only when the phone is connected via USB-Cable

Dawei

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 26, 2014 11:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

Thanks for the update which installed no problem. I find now that downloading using MPE via Wifi works fine, but it is still impossible to upload. The only way to upload is directly using drag and drop via a USB cable.

I agree with the comments about Android/Google's crazy decisions on this. I find too that photos and videos are put in such weird places. For instance, since the update to 4.4.2 both the place and naming convention of photos and videos have changed, so now I have:

External storage\DCIM\100LGDSC\ (4 old videos using the original naming convention)
External storage\Camera\ (5 new videos using new names based on date and time taken)
Also, you would actually expect photos, not videos, to be found in these folders.

Memory card\DCIM\100LGDSC\ (most of the older camera photos using the original naming convention)
Memory card\DCIM\Camera\ (photos using the new naming convention)
Memory card\Pictures\David n Paula (a folder I created at some point)
Memory card\Pictures\NAVER_LINE\ (photos sent to me using Line)

And there are missing photos I still haven't found!
Come on Android, get it right
Dawei
cattledogit

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 10, 2014 23:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

After editing platform.xml using Total Commander, Titanium Backup can write to \External storage\TitaniumBackup (on Note 2), but MPE can only write to com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client folder. I tried reformatting the ExtSD card without success.

Shouldn't MPE be able to write to any ExtSD folder if TitaniumBackup can?

TIA
cattledogit

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 15, 2014 18:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Bump

If I should start a new thread, please let me know. Thanks!

cattledogit hat Folgendes geschrieben:
After editing platform.xml using Total Commander, Titanium Backup can write to \External storage\TitaniumBackup (on Note 2), but MPE can only write to com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client folder. I tried reformatting the ExtSD card without success.

TIA
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 08, 2015 22:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:

TitaniumBackup can use Root-Permissions for the file access. MyPhoneExplorer will not use Root-Permissions. But even then it should work if you edited your platform.xml correctly. Can you write files to SD Card with a "normal" File-App like "ES Filemanager" - without root permissions ? Did you also try one of the "SD Card Fix" tools in the market ?

Brian

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 12, 2015 04:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am running 1.8.6 on Windows 7 32 bit and am getting the error message regarding the SD card write issue. Is it possible this issue was not corrected for the 32 bit systems?
cattledogit

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 14, 2015 22:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Can you write files to SD Card with a "normal" File-App like "ES Filemanager" - without root permissions ? Did you also try one of the "SD Card Fix" tools in the market ?

I can write to the Ext SD card with ES Filemanager.

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Did you also try one of the "SD Card Fix" tools in the market ?

As I recall I tried one or two of these without success before proceeding to edit platform.xml directly. My impression was that these tools are only intended to make the required change to platform.xml.

I've recently had reasonable success using Bittorrent Sync and will use that if MPE can't sync files to the Ext SD.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 18, 2015 15:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Brian: Again: This is a limitation of Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has nothing to do if you are working on a 64bit PC or not. If it does not work via USB-Cable too then post the logfile after you got the error message

@cattledogit: Post the logfile after the error message. Just saw that ES Filemanager has a Root-Mode too. Are you sure that the Root-Mode of ES Filemanager was disabled when you tested ?

cattledogit

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 21, 2015 03:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ wrote:
> @cattledogit: Post the logfile after the error message. Just saw that ES Filemanager has a Root-Mode too. Are you sure that the Root-Mode of ES Filemanager was disabled when you tested ?

I made SuperSU "Forget" ES Filemgr's root permissions and also set "Root Explorer" to off in ES Filemgr, and Ext Filemgr was still able to create a file on the ExtSD.
cattledogit

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 10, 2015 19:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Flashing the ROM to restore it, then restoring MyPhoneExplorer, and again editing platform.xml, incidentally fixed the problem allowing MPE to write to any folder on the ExtSD card.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.