FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 possible issue with new 1.0.34 MPE client Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 19, 2014 21:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hi all

MPE 1.8.6 told me today that my phone client was out of date and would I like to download the current one.

I said yes.

Now, when I sync my outlook 2010 calendar, the same 43 recurring appointments keep syncing.

I have reviewed the items which keep syncing and they are, in fact, all the recurring appointments I have, which are valid for the syncing period (excluding peoples’ birthdays).

My syncing was fine with MPE 1.8.6 and the older phone client - this behaviour did not occur.

I have tried clearing the MPE client application data on my phone (just in case there were problems with data from the old version). This has not helped.

Deskotp OS: Win 7 home premium 64bit
Phone OS: Android 2.3.5 (custom rom)
MPE main: 1.8.6
MPE client: 1.0.34

My syncing configuration:

- I force syncing from outlook to phone.

- I sync 3 years of appointments before today and 3 years after today (1095 days before and after today).

I have tried syncing 2 years before today, to hopefully delete phone appointments, then tried going back to 3 years worth of appointments. The same 43 recurring appointments try to sync.

I am happy to provide logs, etc. Just tell me what you want to see.

Thanks, btw, for making an amazing application - it has been my salvation for a long time, when trying to sync with Outlook XP and now Outlook 2010.

Also, I have not had any problems with MPE 1.8.6, apart from these experiences, which only started today.

Best regards,

Gary
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 04, 2014 23:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please try the current beta and tell me if the issue is fixed now: http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 05, 2014 01:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Please try the current beta and tell me if the issue is fixed now: http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe

HI FJ

Thank you very much for picking up the problem I described.

I'm afraid I cannot test your beta because I have bricked my mobo!

If it helps, I can confirm that syncing on vista 32 bit and outlook 2002 (my backup PC) works very efficiently, with MPE 1.8.6 and 1.0.34. I am also using exactly the same .pst file.

In fact, it works much faster with a Q6600 chip than my 64bit Haswell system!

I will try to test your beta when my dead system is recovered.

Thanks,

Gary
gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 26, 2014 02:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ.

Sorry for the late reply.

I unbricked my mobo and my desktop is running smoothly.

However, I have also changed my phone - I now have a sony Z3 compact - so I never tested the beta MPE on my problem.

I am having some problems with recurring appointments again but this is with recurring appointments not getting written into the android 4.4.4 calendar.

I've just tried the MPE debug version (changelog goes upto 24 Oct 2014) but this did not fix problem.

Recurring appointments successfully reach my desktop MPE from Outlook (2010) but for some reason don't get written into the phone calendar.

I had to wipe the phone's calendar data and load / create a fresh set of appointments to fix problem.

I also got a very odd situation where the native monthly calendar view was reporting both today, Sunday, and Monday to be 26th Oct 2014. When you double tap Monday (to enter day view), it takes you back into Sunday but when you backscreen, the monthly calendar does present a correct view again.

I don't know whether the problems are connected but I can replicate the problem where 2 days have the same date - I've taken a screenshot to prove I'm not mad!

However, I consider both these issues to be a kitkat glitch, unless anyone else can confirm problems with recurring appointments not getting written into the native calendar and can link this to MPE?

As I described, I don't know why my recurring appointments disappeared from the native calendar. I'm pretty sure they got entered when I first synced my new phone. I will have to see if it happens again or whether it was just a hiccup.

I can also confirm that the debug version of MPE seems to stop the repeated recurring appointment syncing (that I was getting previously with my HTC Desire).

Thanks for making a truly fantastic application.

Regards,

Gary

*EDIT:

Desktop OS: Win 7 home premium 64bit
Phone: Sony Z3 Compact (D5803)
Phone OS: Android 4.4.4 (stock)
Build: 23.0.A.2.105
MPE main: 1.8.6 - nightly 24/10/2014 - 22.15
MPE client: 1.0.34
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 25, 2014 21:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can you reproduce one of this issues with a calendar alternative like aCalendar ?

gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 26, 2014 02:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can you reproduce one of this issues with a calendar alternative like aCalendar ?

Hi FJ

Don't know mate. Haven't heard of / tried aCalendar.

Regarding the problems:

1) I'm currently back to my old phone - HTC Desire. My lovely z3 compact slipped off some furniture, fell onto carpet, and the back's smashed Sad

2) The android calendar problem, where there were two days with the same date. I suspect that might have been to do with daylight saving hours (possibly). Doesn't appear to be a problem now but there could have been other factors involved.

3) Using my HTC desire and your nightly build / debug version from 3rd November, I do not get problems with recurring appointments.

4) To help you out, I've just tested my z3 compact and re-loaded my calendar (because I had deleted it, prior to sending it for repair).

- Using my Z3 compact and your nightly build / debug version from 3rd November, I do not, for the most part, get problems with recurring appointments. Certainly not like I previously reported. Virtually all syncing is fine.

- However, there is an issue with recurring appointments which occur in the past and fall across the syncing date (I sync 3 years in the past and 3 years into the future).

- What happens is that the recurring appointment gets added, with one sync, and then gets deleted on the next sync.

- In more detail, when the appointment gets added, it does not get entered into the phone calendar correctly.

- The recurring appointment was once a week between 7th Sep 2011 and 7th Dec 2011. However, in the android calendar, the appointment is reported as recurring but begins and ends on the 7th Sep 2011.

- I'm syncing with Outlook 2010.

Hope this makes sense.

I know this doesn’t matter, since it was 3 years in the past, but if I only synced say 1 month ahead and 1 month previously, this could cause problems.

I hope that what I have discovered helps you.

Thanks,

Gary
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 28, 2014 01:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:

It makes sense when i say you should try a alternative to find the reason of the issue. So please try aCalendar, maybe its a calculating issue of your current calendar app.

gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 28, 2014 03:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:

It makes sense when i say you should try a alternative to find the reason of the issue. So please try aCalendar, maybe its a calculating issue of your current calendar app.

Hi FJ

The main thing is that you fixed the constantly re-syncing recurring appointments that I originally reported.

Regarding my calendar, it's the native 4.4.4 android calendar (unless Sony have put a 'twist' on it).

Will look into trying aCalendar to test.

Regards,

Gary
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.