FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE history [to be... started?] Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
gautxori

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 21, 2015 19:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hi,

(this is my 2nd post, and i need 3 more to p.m. anyone here, so if you find this is nonsense... just wait for the ones to come). Twisted Evil

FJ, should you have enough time for it, we (or just me) are interested in knowing sth about you, the starting of this project, some technical issues on it (what tools - compilers, programming langs, APIs, SDKs, ...) you're using, and how everything is getting on (an informal changelog).

Any other idea that may concern me, i keep it for a new post. Laughing
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 22, 2015 09:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Well, as someone who was present when the idea of the MPE was born, I´ll can tell you this.

The MPE started when there was no thinking of Android or Symbian or even any Smartphone. Back in those days, Ericsson or /// as we called it delivered their phones with a CD that included a PC Suite. This Suite was meant to connect your phone to a Windows PC in order to organize your contacts, your calendar and help you store music files, pictures and themes on your phone.

In a forum especially devoted to /// and themes many people complaint that it was not possible to store text messages. Phones at this time stored them onto the SIM and that meant you could save 12 texts at most.
This is where FJ kicked in. He had the idea of writing a tool to save those texts to a PC. But this functionality alone wasn´t enough. So all the other functions of the MPE were added.

Over the time /// merged with Sony or S and S/// was born. That didn´t stop FJ and he kept developing the MPE further. By the time /// vanished and S remained, phones were run on Symbian. This was the first step of making MPE available to more than one system. These first smartphones didn´t live long and were soon succeeded by Android, which opend the MPEs door to other manufacturers than S.

That was the idea of the MPE in verry short words.
For the technical side you´ll have to wait and see if FJ is willing to reveal details.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 27, 2015 20:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Koelner hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Well, as someone who was present when the idea of the MPE was born, I´ll can tell you this.
The MPE started when there was no thinking of Android or Symbian or even any Smartphone.

So, you're a grandpa?

Back in those days, Ericsson or /// as we called it delivered their phones with a CD that included a PC Suite.

Nokia did it too.

Phones at this time stored them onto the SIM and that meant you could save 12 texts at most.
This is where FJ kicked in. He had the idea of writing a tool to save those texts to a PC.

I'm missing something: a PC Suite let you organize contacts, calendar, music, and did not let save SMSs? I bet the former assumption came later... and MPE got some ideas from there. Wink

But this functionality alone wasn´t enough. So all the other functions of the MPE were added.

For good.

Over the time /// merged with Sony or S and S/// was born. By the time /// vanished...

... i left /// and i sought for another job Smile

...These first smartphones didn´t live long and were soon succeeded by Android

Oh my!: I bet (i hope) Android shall not live much longer: Symbian is still alive, no matter how well they can conceal it!

For the technical side you´ll have to wait and see if FJ is willing to reveal details.

Waiting.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 27, 2015 22:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

gautxori hat Folgendes geschrieben:
So, you're a grandpa?

Hey, be careful! Laughing

Symbian is still alive

OH MY!

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 27, 2015 23:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Symbian is still alive

OH MY![/quote]

It's true: Symbian has no more offspring, but you (& me) know that breeding is one in many facts in life. Growing old and being acknowledged are some other. When they regard you as being dead before they've killed you... you may become immortal.
The only one to be missed is EPOC (edit: also, my ZX Spectrum and the latter Potter-Sinclair alliance; there were also Alan Sugar, Paul Rosbaud, ...)
(Marketing is evil; there are many fallen angels because of it Twisted Evil )
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.