FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Sync Using Display Name...? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Happy

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 06, 2016 06:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, thanks for this great program!

In Thunderbird's Address Book is has the contact 'Name' fields of First, Last, and Display. I use the Display field extensively.

Is it possible to have MPE sync between my phone and Thunderbird with my phone showing the Display Names as the contacts, rather than the actual first and last names?

The reason is I have many shorter nicknames (for people with long names that don't show correctly on the screen). Also, some contacts are for home and mobile numbers separately (one for "John Cell" and another for "John Home", for example).

I would think this would be helpful to many people.

Any ideas? Thanks again.
Happy
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Happy

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 29, 2016 04:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, sorry for the 'bump', but I am still having trouble with this. I don't know if I am misunderstanding this awesome program, or if I am making a feature request.

How do you resolve Thunderbird addresses (with First, Last, Display, and Nickname fields), and phone contact entries where you have one contact that's called "John Home" and another that's called "John Cell"?

How are you other people labeling things?

Anyone?
Thanks!
Happy
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 29, 2016 11:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The naming method you seem to be using was one I used many moons ago when most contacts were stored on SIM cards and thus had a limit of a single phone number I find it much easier to use just the one contact name then add ALL details for that contact in one place. So 'John Smith' has his mobile, landline, fax, email(s), work/home address etc etc. I use Outlook but Thunderbird is more or less the same.

On the phone your contacts app should have a favourites tab/page where you can set up the short cuts you mention so several contacts have 'single press to dial' buttons.

HTH

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.