FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Calendar on phone is going empty after a few minutes Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Old_Professor

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 01, 2016 05:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm syncing my Outlook calendar to a Samsung Galaxy S7. The sync works successfully, but after a few minutes all entries disappear from the phone. After this happened twice, I opened the calendar on the phone every few minutes. After about 10 minutes, all the entries in the calendar were gone.

I opened the calendar on the phone using the default Samsung Calendar app and my preferred aCalendar app.

Any thoughts on what's happening?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 03, 2016 00:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You haven't still got the phone's calendar syncing with Google as well have you? I sync my S7 with Outlook and have no problems like this. I sync to my phone's Google calendar (AFTER turning off sync) and use Business Calendar to view.

Old_Professor

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 06, 2016 01:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I think I am syncing with Google. How do I turn it off? I'm sure that's avery basic, even stupid, question, but I don't know how.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 06, 2016 09:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Settings > Accounts > Google > [turn off sync]

Old_Professor

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 08, 2016 19:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It seems that Samsung moved all calendar controls into its calendar app on the S7. I found the following on Android Central:
Zitat:
Though it looks innocuous at first to toggle off all of your calendars in the Calendar app, what you’re actually doing when you turn these off is turning off the system-level calendar syncing for your accounts. For example if you use your Google Account for calendar syncing, toggling off that calendar in the stock Calendar app will turn off Google calendar syncing for the entire phone. So even if you install the Google Calendar app, for example, it won’t be able to sync because you’ve already turned off calendar syncing for your accounts in the system.
Unfortunately, Samsung doesn’t actually explain this in the Calendar app. The ambiguous “on” or “off” toggle next to each calendar doesn’t really give you the information needed to know that you’re actually turning off calendar sync for the whole phone, and you really only find out when your events aren’t staying up to date.
So what’s the fix? Well, it’s pretty easy: if you don’t want to use the Samsung Calendar app in any way, just head into its settings and turn off event notifications — but leave all of the calendars set to “on.” The app will simply sit in the background doing nothing, and the system will keep syncing your calendars for use with other apps.

I opened the Samsung calendar and disabled the Samsung and Google account. I believe that "device" is the local calendar on the S7 phone.It lists: Untitled(1), Contacts' birthdays, Untitled, My "busy" view, My task. I guess that Untitled is the calendar, birthdays, and tasks are self-evident. But I can't find out what Untitled(1) and "busy" view are. Which should I leave on? ( I have a screen shot, but can't figure out how to add it to this post.)[/img]
Old_Professor

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 08, 2016 19:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I ran MPE with Outlook -> phone. It gave every indication of loading the phone. It asked me to confirm. But the calendar on the phone is empty. When I look at Settings > storage, it reports using 304 KB. I looked at all permissions. Storage was OFF, so I turned it ON. reran MPE. Same apparent successful loaded of calendar to phone, but nothing shows when I look at the calendar.

This is very frustrating!
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 09, 2016 11:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I also have the S7 and have only two calendars on it according to MPE. They are the Google calendar set up when you use the Play Store for the first time and 'My Calendar'. I just set the 'Calendar to sync' as my google calendar within MPE settings and the same for 'Add new events to' and everything just works. I turn off Google calendar sync as a matter of course and all my calendar apps including S Planner (I use Business Calendar as my main app) use this data. ....

Old_Professor

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 11, 2016 01:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I finally got it working. Thanks to everybody who responded. Cool
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.