FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Win10: Connection to Windows-Notes failed! Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
bugman

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 10, 2016 02:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Have used MPE for many years now. In Windows, have latest version 1.8.7 installed. On phone have Client Version 1.0.40.

A couple of nights ago Win10 did one of it's updates, now my windows notes clearly is a new version - the look is very different, and now MPE will not sync with windows notes. I get this error message when I attempt it:

Zitat:
Connection to Windows-Notes failed"

Has anyone else seen this and have a fix? The Win10 update occurred 10/7/16 - I'm pretty sure this is the cause of incompatibility.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
teeterbug

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 10, 2016 03:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have the same versions you have. I am running 64 bit and Samsung Note 3. I have not had any problems with notes syncing.
bugman

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 11, 2016 05:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK - to clarify:
the problem seems to be that MPE is set to sync notes only with MPE !
in the settings, sync box -- that's what it says, but there is no other option in the dropdown box -- no way for me to tell it to sync to windows notes

apparently MPE does not know that windows notes is installed, and doesn't see it as an option to sync with... don't know how to fix that.

Imagefree upload pictures
teeterbug

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 11, 2016 06:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I don't know how to insert images, but my options are MPE and Outlook 2010. [/img][/code]
ageor

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 31, 2016 17:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

bugman hat Folgendes geschrieben:
A couple of nights ago Win10 did one of it's updates, now my windows notes clearly is a new version - the look is very different, and now MPE will not sync with windows notes. I get this error message when I attempt it:
Zitat:
"Connection to Windows-Notes failed"

Has anyone else seen this and have a fix? The Win10 update occurred 10/7/16 - I'm pretty sure this is the cause of incompatibility.

I had the same problem. Some searching showed that the Windows 10 anniversary update removed the desktop "Sticky Notes" application (executable %windir%\system32\StikyNot.exe) and replaced it with a Metro app.

Luckily, an old laptop has not updated yet, so I copied the file from there and now everything works fine Smile

For a more thorough approach, also see thread "Sticky Notes - change font".
bugman

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 05, 2016 06:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ageor- thank you very much ! I spent three weeks without being able to sync my notes. I followed the instructions as you said, posted HERE

and without even having to reboot, I can now tell MPE to sync the MPE notes to sync with windows Sticky Notes again, as shown here:
[img]Image

I did not have the necessary original Sticky Notes program files available, but I was able to download them here:
Zitat:
http://www.techflute.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/StickyNotes(TechFlute.com).rar
. ** NOTICE that you have to copy and paste the whole thing, including the (TechFlute.com).rar part, including the parentheses - then you can past that URL into your browser, hit enter and download the files needed.

Those files worked fine on my Windows 10x64 machine, and I did not even have to reboot.

Important note however - if anyone else needs to do this DO NOT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS at Techflute.com ---they tell you to put the StickyNotes files in the WRONG location, and sticky notes then will NOT sync to MPE.

If you follow the instructions step by step, from the Microsoft Link, then all will be happy again, and you don't even have to reboot for it to work.

Thanks again for your help!! Good to have sticky notes back - I really did not like any of the notes apps that I'd been trying over the past month - all are just too complicated for such a simple function.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.