FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Accidental hard reset - Please Help!!!! Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 21, 2016 20:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My phone was accidentally hard reset and I have lost all data (back to factory image). Can you please tell me how do get my calendar, contacts and texts back to my phone as they last were in Phone explorer, which is on my desktop

Please provide specific instructions...thank you so much!

Also, if I was able to restore my texts from my phone carrier's cloud, will MPE pick up on that and not restore those so as to avoid duplicates?

Cat
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
GdlM

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 21, 2016 22:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This is how I think I did it.

First I'd take a backup copy of your MPE data on your PC .
You can find the files in C:>Users>"you">AppData>Roaming>MyPhoneExplorer>"oldphonename"

I say take a copy and stick the files somewhere safe in another directory in case you screw up the originals.

Then connect the phone and, assuming it is the same one, then just sync each of the entries, ie Contacts,Call log, Organizer, Messages and that should be it.
If it is a new to MPE phone then once you've connected it do a sync (all will be empty) and disconnect the phone, replace all those files in the new phone direcory on the PC with the ones that you backed up earlier, reconnect the new phone and resync

Do another sync and all should be well.

Messages are sometimes a bit more difficult and you can archive the sent directory, for example, then from the Archive files in MPE of the PC you can upload to phone moving them across to the sent directory on the phone.
Same thing for Inbox but empty the Archive files on the PC before you copy the Inbox into Archive.
This part is a bit messy but it does work with patience.
Just make sure that you do not overwrite the backup file copies that you created earlier as this is where you might need a few attempts using restored copies of those files.

Hope this all works.
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 21, 2016 22:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

GdlM hat Folgendes geschrieben:
This is how I think I did it.

First I'd take a backup copy of your MPE data on your PC .
You can find the files in C:>Users>"you">AppData>Roaming>MyPhoneExplorer>"oldphonename"

I say take a copy and stick the files somewhere safe in another directory in case you screw up the originals.

Then connect the phone and, assuming it is the same one, then just sync each of the entries, ie Contacts,Call log, Organizer, Messages and that should be it.
If it is a new to MPE phone then once you've connected it do a sync (all will be empty) and disconnect the phone, replace all those files in the new phone direcory on the PC with the ones that you backed up earlier, reconnect the new phone and resync

Do another sync and all should be well.

Messages are sometimes a bit more difficult and you can archive the sent directory, for example, then from the Archive files in MPE of the PC you can upload to phone moving them across to the sent directory on the phone.
Same thing for Inbox but empty the Archive files on the PC before you copy the Inbox into Archive.
This part is a bit messy but it does work with patience.
Just make sure that you do not overwrite the backup file copies that you created earlier as this is where you might need a few attempts using restored copies of those files.

Hope this all works.

Thanks for the reply. First off, how do I create a backup of the data that is in MPE on my desktop? I tried to go to Extras>Create Backup> and it tried to connect to my phone. Then I got this message: "Do you want to create a backup of the currently cached data In My PHone EXplorer (Offline-Backup)? Do I say yes to this?

I don't understand why it is doing this. Won't it just allow me to create a backup based on the most current one on my Desktop? ????

I would greatly appreciate someone's help with this so I can restore my calendar back onto my old phone that was wiped clean.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 22, 2016 16:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

CatB hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... Thanks for the reply. First off, how do I create a backup of the data that is in MPE on my desktop? I tried to go to Extras>Create Backup> and it tried to connect to my phone. Then I got this message: "Do you want to create a backup of the currently cached data In My PHone EXplorer (Offline-Backup)? Do I say yes to this? ...

You use Windows to copy the folder so that if you make a mistake within MPE then you still have the original data. You do NOT use MPE for this backup. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you need to do some reading around Windows and copying folders/files to different locations or get a friend/relative to help who is more familiar with things like this.

CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 22, 2016 17:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... Thanks for the reply. First off, how do I create a backup of the data that is in MPE on my desktop? I tried to go to Extras>Create Backup> and it tried to connect to my phone. Then I got this message: "Do you want to create a backup of the currently cached data In My PHone EXplorer (Offline-Backup)? Do I say yes to this? ...

You use Windows to copy the folder so that if you make a mistake within MPE then you still have the original data. You do NOT use MPE for this backup. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you need to do some reading around Windows and copying folders/files to different locations or get a friend/relative to help who is more familiar with things like this.

OK, I just know that I have made a backup before directly from MPE and saved it to my desktop. Someone walked me thru it before.

SO I guess you are saying, find the backup file that is made automatically and copy that?

Once I do that, since all my info is saved on the desktop version and my phone is empty, do I choose Sync to force Outlook to phone (since Outloo has all the info?), I usually choose "Sync Both" that way new info added on either is synced. But in this instance, do I want to set it for Force Outlook to phone? I am just leery of making a mistake and losing all my info!

Thanks!
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 22, 2016 21:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

... OK, I just know that I have made a backup before directly from MPE and saved it to my desktop. Someone walked me thru it before.

SO I guess you are saying, find the backup file that is made automatically and copy that?

Once I do that, since all my info is saved on the desktop version and my phone is empty, do I choose Sync to force Outlook to phone (since Outloo has all the info?), I usually choose "Sync Both" that way new info added on either is synced. But in this instance, do I want to set it for Force Outlook to phone? I am just leery of making a mistake and losing all my info!

Thanks!

You didn't say it was in Outlook. In this case it matters not what is in your MPE backup AS LONG AS Outlook has the latest and most complete contact/calendar. If so then just setup MPE again to connect to your phone and either force OL to phone or just keep 'sync both ways'. if the latter there is nothing on your phone to sync so all your OL information will go to the phone.

I do this every few weeks, as I change ROMs fairly frequently on my phone, and all is fine. If you're unsure then make sure you use OL to backup your calendar/contacts first.

CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 23, 2016 14:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

... OK, I just know that I have made a backup before directly from MPE and saved it to my desktop. Someone walked me thru it before.

Thanks!

You didn't say it was in Outlook. In this case it matters not what is in your MPE backup AS LONG AS Outlook has the latest and most complete contact/calendar. If so then just setup MPE again to connect to your phone and either force OL to phone or just keep 'sync both ways'. if the latter there is nothing on your phone to sync so all your OL information will go to the phone.

I do this every few weeks, as I change ROMs fairly frequently on my phone, and all is fine. If you're unsure then make sure you use OL to backup your calendar/contacts first.

OK, did it and it worked! I made sure to make a backup of my Outlook calendar beforehand, just in case. Thanks so much for the help.

Can I ask, do most people use MPE in order to backup their Outlook calendars to their phone? Is that it's primarily use and purpose? I have not found one app that does this as seamlessly as MPE.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 23, 2016 14:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

... Can I ask, do most people use MPE in order to backup their Outlook calendars to their phone? Is that it's primarily use and purpose? I have not found one app that does this as seamlessly as MPE.

I use MPE to sync my Outlook contacts/calendar to my phone but always assume that OL on my PC is the master copy. There are many ways to backup OL files from your PC but you should ALWAYS DO SO (in fact, backup your PC files regularly ...).

So, in terms of contacts/calendar I have no fear of losing my phone as I always have a copy (maybe minus a couple of new ones only entered on the phone but you should be able to remember those mostly) on my PC.

CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 23, 2016 15:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I use MPE to sync my Outlook contacts/calendar to my phone but always assume that OL on my PC is the master copy. There are many ways to backup OL files from your PC but you should ALWAYS DO SO (in fact, backup your PC files regularly ...).

So, in terms of contacts/calendar I have no fear of losing my phone as I always have a copy (maybe minus a couple of new ones only entered on the phone but you should be able to remember those mostly) on my PC.

Yes, that is why I use MPE, too. Course, I also have a subscription to Outlook 365 which I believe also backups OUtlook to the cloud, too, but I need to confirm that.

Thank you for all the help. This MPE program has saved my butt many times in situations just like this!
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.