FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE Wants to Duplicate Entries to Outlook Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Sloppy

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 09, 2017 02:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I have this issue that I don't understand.

System:
Computer with a freshly installed Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.
Samsung Galaxy GT-I9505
Outlook 2016.
Both computer and phone with the latest versions of MPE.
Phone synchronizes with Outlook only, through MPE.

After the fresh reinstalls, as I have all my appointments on a saved Outlook .pst file that I reconnected to Outlook, I deleted all appointments on the phone to start it afresh and synchronised the phone with Outlook, both ways.

All appointments were transferred from Outlook to phone and everything seemed to be OK. But no.

[When we try so sync, but there are no changes to sync because both sides are still the same, MPE starts the sync operation, but ends right after the beginning, what is normal.]

So after finishing a complete synchronization (all the appointments were copied from Outlook to the phone), I tried to sync again to test if it was OK. The sync started, but instead of going no further, ending immediately because both sides were equal, it presented a sync list with all the just finished synchronized appointments, now set to create new entries (duplicates) on Outlook.

I cannot synchronize anything now because I can't accept any of the three options:
O Create new entry in Outlook
O Delete entry in the phone
O Never sync this entry in the future

I have searched for a solution in the forum and there are many threads on the subject, but found none with my issue. I am very grateful if I am told how to solve this.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Looking Glass

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 10, 2017 16:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry to be not very helpful, just to confirm that this happens from time to time when you reinstall or backup outlook.pst files.
I've not found a simple solution, just the "never sync" option seems the more appropiate.
To me, (not an expert in MPE anyway) it seems as if MPE creates an intermediate file from the outlook data, not recognizing your just restored events as the "same old ones".
And yes, you may end up with every single appointment duplicated, Sad I got 4000+ contacts duplicated....

Hope it helps.
Regard.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 10, 2017 16:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Have you tried to download all entries from the phone to the MPE on your PC before the Sync, using the Blue Arrow?

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 17, 2017 00:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you Looking Glass, you were quite helpful confirmating my issue. Fortunately I presently have not >4000 contacts like you, so I decided to duplicate them and then delete the duplicates by hand. This took me several sessions because I dropped the job every time it was making me feel too much annoyed.

Koelner,
I have not tried your suggestion. Maybe it would have worked and avoided all the annoying way I did it. Thank you, too.

Sorry for this delayed reply. First I was ill and then very busy.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.