FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Google sync along with MPE sync to PST (phone, PC, tablet) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 16, 2016 00:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am a longtime user and supporter of MPE. I recently have found myself like many with a phone on MPE, a desktop with Outlook syncing to my android phone (the xxxx@gmail.com calendar and contacts) via MPE, now a tablet or two, that don't have my info on them, etc..... so multiple devices.

My main process continues to be sync my android phone to my desktop PST.
I have always turned google syncing OFF on my phones for calendar, contacts, etc. Basically everything off except app backups.

However using an android tablet more and more has me thinking. And also using other PC-based devices that are not the device I have my Outlook on.

Is it possible to sync using MPE to keep my outlook PST up to date and phone in sync with it. AND also turn on google sync/backup on my phone so it syncs my contacts (and maybe calendar) to my google account? I never thought I would want to do this, but now, I am seeing this could be an advantage.

So if I make a change on my phone or tablet it updates via google sync.
Then when I sync my phone via MPE to my PST it updates in both directions there. THEN will my phone update via google sync and then update my tablet?

I keep a lot of history on my phone and PST calendars with MPE. Not sure how far back the calendar syncs via google.

Of course the concern here is if everything is not syncing the same timeframe I lose all kinds of history on my phone or tablet with this method if something goes wrong. But the way I synch my phone with MPE (I check all changes) I would always keep a good PST.

Any thoughts appreciated. At a minimum it might be nice to at least share contacts.

There were times I wondered if this made sense to do just from a backup standpoint anyway. But now I am wondering in order to actually use it this way on my tablet and perhaps via google logins on other devices that do not have my PST or MPE on them.

Thanks,
BJB
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 04, 2017 15:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Any thoughts? I may have made this too complicated....in short, if I turn on Google sync for the same calendar and contact account MPE is using, will they play nice together?

And if I sync a tablet via Google sync as it does not have outlook on it, can I make changes there, have them sync to Google and then it would sync to phone which would eventually sync to Outlook via MPE. I rum MPE manually.

Thanks,

BJB
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 09, 2017 07:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Still hopeful someone can help point me at least partially in the right direction..

I can't handle having mpe sync my phone to outlook but my Android tablet is on an island.

Any help at all appreciated.

Thanks,

BJB
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 24, 2017 19:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I received a notification that there was a new post on this thread so I was excited but I don't see one?

Would be great if someone had input. I was thinking this might be helpful ti backup a phine to google also while still using MPE.

BJB
user_deleted
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 24, 2017 21:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi BJB,

sorry, that notification could be because of a spam attack, posted in several themes.

Best regards...
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 24, 2017 23:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok...any thoughts on this thread?
BJB
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.