FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Restoring multiple local calendars Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
00Bert

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 09, 2017 15:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi everyone,

while I already solved my problem, I thought it might be useful to have the solution online and while I am at it to ask for an improvement to MPE and to say thank you to the developers.

Problem:
I used Offline calendar provider (https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=calendar&fdid=org.sufficientlysecure.localcalendar) to create 3 local calendars and backed them up using MPE. Then I put a new ROM on my phone, installed "offline calendar" again and used MPE to restore my calendar backup.
Now all events are in one calendar and there are no calendars listed in "offline calendar" at all.

Solution:
I deleted all events from the phone, used "Offline calendar" to create the three calendars that I had before I applied a new ROM and restored my backup from MPE again - this time all events were placed in the correct calendar.
Most probably this worked only because I remembered the names of my calendars correctly. If someone does not remember the names, it should be possible to read them from the MPE backup?

Request: please warn users before restoring a multi-calendar backup to a phone with only one calendar / Add hint that only events are saved, but calendars are not.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.