FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 My archive isn't adding in the new messages Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Bea18

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 26, 2017 05:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have a galaxy s5. MPE shows over 12000 messages in the "list". I want to save all those conversations, so I can read them on my PC.
problems:
1. I don't have Microsoft excel. I have Libre Office Calc as a spreadsheet. How can I open the SMS in that program?
2. I can not figure out how to add all the current conversations to my archive. The archive only goes until July 2017. When I hit the blue download arrow, it does not add the conversations to the archive. what am I missing??
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
teeterbug

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 27, 2017 01:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

After you sync, do you see the conversation in the program on the desktop? After that, you can right click the conversation and put move to archive or what I do is I go to the inbox and select all messages prior to a certain date. I do the same for sent. Then I let the program delete the messages.

Don't let the program delete until you have confirmed the first few tries that it works.

Then I back up to computer to save the messages.
Bea18

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 27, 2017 02:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

teeterbug hat Folgendes geschrieben:
After you sync, do you see the conversation in the program on the desktop? After that, you can right click the conversation and put move to archive or what I do is I go to the inbox and select all messages prior to a certain date. I do the same for sent. Then I let the program delete the messages.

Don't let the program delete until you have confirmed the first few tries that it works.

Then I back up to computer to save the messages.

Thanks for your reply. It seemed like you have to archive one conversation at a time.
How do you back up the saved messages in a way that you can read them without connecting to your phone?

edit: I see what you mean now about opening all the inbox messages, and all the sent items. So you archive a large selection of each? Do they then get integrated into the same archive?
In what format do you save them so that you can read them? Do you save them as a new MPE archive each time that you do this, and use the program on the PC to read and/or search?
teeterbug

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 02, 2017 22:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Generally I manually archive once a month to free my phone from so many messages (as well as the conversations in MPE). I go to the Inbox and select a message, click the shift key, then select the top message so that everything in between is chosen. I then right click in the highlighted area and choose move to archive.

As far as viewing, I can whatever messages are in MPE without having to have the device connected. I just click the Archive (computer) link. Let me know if you need to see an image; but it's on the left side in the messages section.

Yes, they all go into one section. I can then filter/search if I'm looking for something. When I do archive though, there will be an alert every now and then about duplicates, I personally, choose not to duplicate because it will duplicate in the archive. I encourage you to play with that to see what it does and how you want to archive.

Backup and archive are different. I backup MPE to my computer so if I lose my phone, reformat my computer, all my information I have backed up, I can easily retrieve. Archive is just moving from device to the computer.

Does that make sense?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.