FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 On Linux, does Thunderbird have to be on Wine too? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
katalinux

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 07, 2017 20:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I loved the program while on Windows. But now I am planing a switch to Linux because of all the 'spyware' thing that Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 (I get that it is not so bad, but you can have a good OS even without it). I saw that, sadly, the only way to run this program is to use Wine/Crossover/Play on Linux. Does Thunderbird or Rainlendar have to be installed via Wine/the others too?

Also, such a program would have a better future on Linux. It could provide a great alternative to all the cloud based sync services since it's fairly easy to do this independent of those via MPE. I also haven't found any offline&local network sync client that has so many features and can sync with relatively popular programs like Thunderbird or Rainlendar (and even Outlook - can't say that is not popular). Why isn't there a Linux version? Are there plans - even in case of a distant future - for a native Linux version (that can be used as is or repackaged and distributed via repositories)?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.