FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 New Version Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Aref

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 18, 2018 10:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

When can we expect the new release of MPE?
Can we expect major changes?

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 19, 2018 09:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

To answer your questions.

1) In the future.

2) No.

What do you want? The MPE is a stable running programm for years now.
Changes are made constantly to react to changes in the Android system.
But there is nothing big new in the moment going on in Android so there can´t be any major changes. And it´s highly doubtful that there will be such changes.

If there are problems with the MPE, FJ works on solving them. What more is needed?

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 20, 2018 16:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
What more is needed?

- Documentation about how MPE works & how to use it ("the devil is in the details", and there is no way to know these details...);

- Replies to Forum posts: I see many posts, including one of mine, without any replies to questions/queries for a long time.

Maybe there is some text "about how MPE works & how to use it" on some site you know about?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 21, 2018 08:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry, but I have to disapoint you.
There is no manual to read for you. And questions that don´t get a reply in the forum are mostly questions that have been asked and answered before.

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 22, 2018 21:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Well, I was mostly replying to your "What more is needed?": I'm sure there are many users of MPE who, like me, feel an acute need for some sort of written documentation, exactly because of the hundreds of 'details' which one cannot find any place to discover how they work.

Want an example? If you 'archive' something, can you 'de-archive' it later on (ie, insert it back to where it was taken from), or not? Since I don't know the answer to that small query, I've never used this function, because I'm sure I might need a 'dearchive' function sometime in the future and, if there isn't one, I prefer to not archive anything...

I'm sure many of such doubts might seem disingenious, or even stupid, to the developers of MPE, but for many users (me included) having no way to know what the program will do in many situations is very limiting and leads to impasses.

As for Forum answers, I'm sure there are lots of "questions that have been asked and answered before", but in many many instances I have seen unanswered questions which coincided with ones I have, and have been unable to find where these previous 'answers' are in the Forum (in the English 'section': I don't read German, so have no way of checking there).

I even tried to post as detailed and thorough a query as I could (using suggestions given in other posts) on a matter which had me stumped, and got absolutely zero replies... Perhaps at least some standard reply (like "this question has already been answered in this Forum"), for cases where you're sure there IS such an answer to be found, would at least indicate that a search might allow one to find it, and that someone did read the query.

I understand and appreciate the time and effort limitations of MPE development and maintenance (and have made a donation soon after I started using it to show that), but hopefully something like that could be worked out.

Thanks again for your timely response.
Starb7

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 26, 2018 11:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

alexyu hat Folgendes geschrieben:
<snip>

As for Forum answers, I'm sure there are lots of "questions that have been asked and answered before", but in many many instances I have seen unanswered questions which coincided with ones I have, and have been unable to find where these previous 'answers' are in the Forum (in the English 'section': I don't read German, so have no way of checking there).

While I don't need any guides, etc, I do agree that the forum is not so helpful. I have posted very recently, even chased up, but no replies - not even from support/admins. It would be nice to get some response, even if it's 'I don't know and will look into it' Smile

Thanks

Huawai P9 Lite
Cubot S600
Samsung S3 Mini
Samsung S4 Mini
Samsung Tab 4
HTC Desire S S510e
HTC Wildfire v2.2.1
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 26, 2018 14:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just for your better understanding.

The MPE is a private project from a single person who does this in his own free time. There is no company, there is no staff, there is no team of developers behind this.

Most of the problems people have with the MPE can be solved with what´s to be found in this forum. As the creator of MPE and the admins here are from german-speaking countries the main support is done in german.
Serious problems get their attention. But as indicated, this is all done in free time. So the resources therefor are limited.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 26, 2018 16:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes, I am aware of the limitations, and as I always confirm, I think it's an admirable project and effort.

My post was mainly motivated by the phrase "If there are problems with the MPE, FJ works on solving them. What more is needed?", which seemed to imply that nothing besides 'solving problems in the program' was needed: I think that lots more is "needed", and understand that, due to resource limitations, these other actions will not happen, but that doesn't change these needs, which remain.

I feel it's a crying shame that there aren't more available resources besides FJ, "the creator of MPE and the admins", but besides seeing there isn't anything I can do about it, since I don't have tech knowledge to offer any help -- and there's also a serious limitation in that they all "are from German-speaking countries [so] the main support is done in German": Perhaps most of my queries and doubts about MPE are really "mostly questions that have been asked and answered before" in the Forums -- but, since I don't read German, they're as well as non-existent for me, which is why I stopped trying to find answers in the 'English section': I do see there are lots more posts in other sections, but I can't use them.

In fact, this situation is one of my frustrations: I feel MPE is one of the finest 'living' programs, and my not being able to know more about it limit my uses of MPE (several times, I 'stumbled' upon a nifty feature by accident, and just think how many more must lie just beyond my grasp).

So, I understand and am aware of the limited time and resources for MPE (and I am grateful and appreciative of all that has been and is being done), and that this situation will probably not change for the better in the foreseeable future; but please understand that I couldn't contain myself when I read that "what else is needed?": It's like knocking a sore spot for me!
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.