FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 :?: Sync replacing meetings into events in Outlook! Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
myriamk

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 11, 2018 11:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have a big issue and don't know how to resolve it.

I have set up MPE to sync ONLY from Outlook 2010 to phone. I do not use MPE as my base, only my Outlook. I only need to copy to my phone where I do not make any changes.

I have a new computer and installed MPE with the latest version. First I needed to update MPE with my Outlook

When I synchronized, it transferred everything fine, however I noticed that ALL meetings in my Outlook (people have been invited and should be updated if I make any changes) have been COPIED which means it’s no longer a meeting but an EVENT. MPE has MODIFIED my base and for those (former) meetings I don’t even have the tab “invite attendees” available in Outlook any longer. How is that possible? What did I do wrong?? I can’t even re-invite attendees anymore which would take me hours if I could. Only option is to start over and recreate all meetings (for the next 365 days as set up in MPE…) which I really don’t have time for.

After this annoying transfer, I created a new meeting as a test and it transferred as a meeting. What is the difference between then and now considering I did not modify the settings in the meantime?? The only thing I noticed is that options to transfer are: contacts, events and tasks and notes. However, like I said new meetings are transferred fine after this first transfer.

My understanding was that setting up as "transfer from (Outlook) to (phone)" would NEVER modify the "from" part.

I have a Samsung Note 8 and Outlook 2010. Any help/ explanation will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 11, 2018 17:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm assuming you had to reinstall Outlook on the new PC plus get your backup from your pst file from the old pc? If so, I'd be looking into Outlook first as mpe is only transferring what OL has ....

myriamk

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 12, 2018 08:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I'm assuming you had to reinstall Outlook on the new PC plus get your backup from your pst file from the old pc? If so, I'd be looking into Outlook first as mpe is only transferring what OL has ....

Yes I did that but the re-install went perfect and I used OL - which showed an exact match to other pc - on my new pc for a few days before I set up mpe and sync'd with my phone

I have looked into OL but can't understand how OL can be responsible as this chaos happened AFTER I sync'd with mpe

Thanks for your input
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 12, 2018 09:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I do as you do. That is, I use OL on my PC and sync with my phone, with OL as 'master'. If I change the SW on my phone (quite often do this) the way I work when I sync with MPE for the first time is to use the 'blue arrow' (Download Entire) on the pc MPE client to reflect the phones new (blank) contacts/calendar. Then I sync with OL and this first time all that happens is that all info gets downloaded from OL to the phone. Then use as normal ...

In your case, make sure your OL on the PC is setup and behaving correctly then wipe your phone's contact and calendar. Something like Settings > apps > calendar > storage > clear data ..... depending on your Android version/phone supplier. This will mean you have nothing on your phone (and also turn off sync with Google in your settings) and you can proceed as my first paragraph ....

myriamk

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 12, 2018 17:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you! I will try that
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.