FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Unexplained Disconnections Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Starb7

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 25, 2018 13:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi All

I have posted about this before, many years ago, and so that thread is really dead now so a new thread is needed, particularly as this has become far more of an issue since the 1.8.9 update.

Basically, for no known reason, MPE keeps disconnecting itself at random times. Here's the config:

MPE v1.8.9
Windows 10 Pro v1083
Huawei P9 Lite
WIFI Connected with a Static IP
Plugged into PC with 'Charge Only' mode (tested it wihout being plugged in - same issue)

The only thing that I have noticed is that when the screen 'wakes up' for such as a notification, email, etc, even if I ignore it and it goes back to sleep, the phone has disconnected BUT this is not reflected in the System Tray icon, ie MPE stil thinks it is connected and show a solid blue icon.

Is there any testing I can do to help pin this down?

TIA.

Huawai P9 Lite
Cubot S600
Samsung S3 Mini
Samsung S4 Mini
Samsung Tab 4
HTC Desire S S510e
HTC Wildfire v2.2.1
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Starb7

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 30, 2018 15:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Starb7 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi All

I have posted about this before, many years ago, and so that thread is really dead now so a new thread is needed, particularly as this has become far more of an issue since the 1.8.9 update.

Basically, for no known reason, MPE keeps disconnecting itself at random times. Here's the config:

MPE v1.8.9
Windows 10 Pro v1083
Huawei P9 Lite
WIFI Connected with a Static IP
Plugged into PC with 'Charge Only' mode (tested it wihout being plugged in - same issue)

The only thing that I have noticed is that when the screen 'wakes up' for such as a notification, email, etc, even if I ignore it and it goes back to sleep, the phone has disconnected BUT this is not reflected in the System Tray icon, ie MPE stil thinks it is connected and show a solid blue icon.

Is there any testing I can do to help pin this down?

TIA.

UPDATE 30-6-18:
As no one is going to bother responding, I have done some further testing. It would seem that 'WIFI connected' devices have an issue when the display 'wakes' for such as a notification. After the notification has woken the screen, a short while after, the screen sleeps again - all as expected.

After a notification-wake-sleep cycle has occurred, MPE appears to disconnect even though it is shown as Connected in the System Tray.

I have tried it with Cable and get similar results and for the last few hours (normally would have disconnected) I have had it connected via Bluetooth and that appears to be stable. Only issue I have found is that the transfer rate for such as Images is slow but I am using an old(er) USB 2 adapter on the desktop PC. I have ordered a new USB 3 one with EDR and CSR and will test that.

I'll update this post later after I have tested for a few days as it seems that a BT connection may solve this issue.

Cheers

UPDATE: 3-7-18
Got the new Bluetooth 3.0 dongle and it connected OK but like the old dongle, the range was still limited. Other than that, the disconnection issue still exisits so I am not sure if it is the phone (which is odd that its has worked since the .8.9 update) or the s/w. Sadly, in either case, as there seems to be no support anymore, I am stuck with the problem.

I have started to look for a solution or a reliable alternative and if I find anything, I'll update the post.

Thanks.

Huawai P9 Lite
Cubot S600
Samsung S3 Mini
Samsung S4 Mini
Samsung Tab 4
HTC Desire S S510e
HTC Wildfire v2.2.1
ojam67

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 18, 2018 12:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am experiencing a similar problem with disconnects on my Honor 9 (Huawei) phone. I am using myPhoneExplorer (MPE) 1.8.9 (on Win 7 desktop) with 1.0.47 MPE client running under EMUI 8.0.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo). Initially I can connect successfully over Wifi and I can synchronize my contacts, messages and calendar events. File transfer and monitoring all work as expected. After a while the phone goes to sleep and I get a 'Connection to phone not possible!' message and, although MPE dekstop still reports that the phone is connected, I am unable to interact with the phone through the desktop. After repeated attempts to connect the phone sometimes wakes up on its own and the message 'Connection to phone could not be established: Falied to obtain the IP-address of the phone' is displayed. If I physically switch on the phone the connection is re-establsihed and MPE works normally, but as soon as the phone goes to sleep the problems occur.

I wonder if this behaviour is due to Huawei's over-aggressive 'battery optimisation' policy? I have tried changing the settings to allow MPE to bypass battery optimisation and to set Wifi to stay on during 'sleep' but neither of these changes have solved the problem. I used MPE for several years on my Moto G4 and never ran into any synchronisation problems, so it's a shame this is happening with the Honor 9.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 18, 2018 12:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You did check the setting in the MPE client on your phone, to prevent going into standby mode?

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 18, 2018 14:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The setting for 'Standy mode on active connection' on the MPE client on my phone was 'Allow Standby Mode'. After I changed it to 'Avoid Standy Mode' the problem seems to be solved. If I leave the desktop for a while and then try to interact with the phone after the display has dimmed, most of the time the connection is still active. Occasionally, the phone immediately wakes and a connection is re-established without problems. Thank you very much for your help.
Starb7

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 19, 2018 10:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

ojam67 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
The setting for 'Standy mode on active connection' on the MPE client on my phone was 'Allow Standby Mode'. After I changed it to 'Avoid Standy Mode' the problem seems to be solved. If I leave the desktop for a while and then try to interact with the phone after the display has dimmed, most of the time the connection is still active. Occasionally, the phone immediately wakes and a connection is re-established without problems. Thank you very much for your help.

I tried that, all options - tested exhaustively and the issues still exists. Not sure that it is a Huawei 'thing' as it didn't seem to do this before the last update. Here's a suggestion to the dev, why not have a '[X] Check Connection Status' option that checks to see if the phone is connected. It would need a couple of other options for the setup so under the Settings > Connection pane, add:

Check Box: [X] Check for Connection Status - this would check the connection every (see Period in Seconds option) Seconds
Text Box: Period in Seconds: [30] - how often should it check?
Check Box: [X] Reconnect Silently - if disconnected, just reconnect and don't put up any message else connect and show a pop-up msg, 'Reconnecting'

Seems that would sort this issue?

TIA

Huawai P9 Lite
Cubot S600
Samsung S3 Mini
Samsung S4 Mini
Samsung Tab 4
HTC Desire S S510e
HTC Wildfire v2.2.1
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 19, 2018 12:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I doubt that FJ will build a special solution for this problem since almost nobody has this kind of problem.
In fact I´d seek the problem in your phone and in the settings.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.