FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Phone stolen, need to retreive contacts from MyPhoneExplorer Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Asim
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 24, 2007 00:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi my phone got stolen, i had synchronised the contacts before but now when i open the program there is nothing in the phone contacts or sim contacts page.

Please help me i dont want to lose my phonebook!

I thaught that if i synchronised the contacts it would copy them to my pc, and if i had created any new contacts on my pc it would synch them to my phone (vise versa)

does this mean my synchronised phonebook is gone?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 24, 2007 07:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you opened the program and you didn't connect the phone then you'll be able to view and export all contacts. If you did not delete them then they are not lost. Maybe you have set the wrong profile in MyphoneExplorer (Menu-File-Users...)
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Eddie Plum

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 31, 2007 13:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Asim, under you "documents and settings" folder in Windows, under your username there is a folder called application data (you may need to change your view settings to show hidden and system files to see this). Under this folder is where some of the MPE settings are held. If you expand the MyPhoneExplorer folder, you should see at least one folder entitled something like "Sony Ericsson A123 [123456789098765]". The folders in here represent the profiles in MPE

If you have more than one and they're both the same phone model (A123) then you can distinguish between them by the IMEI number (the bit in the square brackets). If you're uncertain, dial *#06# into your current phone and it will bring up the IMEI.

Open the folder that refers to your old stolen phone and there should be a file called phonebook.dat. This is essentially a big VCARD file with all of your contacts in. Close MPE and copy this file to the profile of the phone you are trying to sync. Reopen MPE and your numbers will appear in the contacts section. I'm not sure how to make sure MPE doesn't overwrite this when you next sync. I think I made a copy of phonebook.dat, called it phonebook.vcf and sent it to my phone. The phone should say "new contacts received, add to phonebook?"

Please try and let me know how you get on!

Ed.

P.S. As an afterthought, I should mention, playing with these files/folders can seriously harm your MPE installation, so you shouldn't normally go in here. This is just in case of emergency!

Windows XP SP2

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 26, 2008 20:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks mate, this post really helped me Wink And by the way, after you have copied the phonebook you can just click synchronize and it transfers the files onto the phone by itself.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.