FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Use Thunderbird's DisplayName as a contact's name? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
teranex

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 28, 2008 13:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

When synching the contacts from Thunderbird with MPE, is it possible to tell MPE to use the DisplayName (or Nickname) as the contact's name in the phone?

This would be useful, by example, because in my phone i'd like to give short names to my relatives, but still being able to use their fullname in my thunderbird addressbook.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 28, 2008 21:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There are no plans to change it. The phone supports Firstname + Lastname and so its the best to use the right fields.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
teranex

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 17, 2008 13:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

After having a look at the code of the thunderbird extension, i commented out some code in components\mpe.js (around line 293) to make it look like:

Code:
out += 'CARID:' + EncodeQP(Card.phoneticLastName) + ';LEDIT:' + Card.lastModifiedDate + /*AddV('FNAME', Card.firstName)*/
      /*AddV('FNAME', Card.displayName)*/
      /*+ AddV('LNAME', Card.lastName)*/  /*+*/ AddV('DNAME', Card.displayName) + AddV('DMAIL', Card.defaultEmail)
      + AddV('PMAIL', Card.primaryEmail) + AddV('SMAIL', Card.secondEmail) + AddV('TWORK', Card.workPhone)
      + AddV('TCELL', Card.cellularNumber) + AddV('THOME', Card.homePhone) + AddV('TEFAX', Card.faxNumber)
      + AddV('TPAGE', Card.pagerNumber) + AddV('HSTR1', Card.homeAddress) + AddV('HSTR2', Card.homeAddress2)
      + AddV('HCITY', Card.homeCity) + AddV('HSTAT', Card.homeState) + AddV('HZIPC', Card.homeZipCode)
      + AddV('HCOUN', Card.homeCountry) + AddV('WSTR1', Card.workAddress) + AddV('WSTR2', Card.workAddress2)
      + AddV('WCITY', Card.workCity) + AddV('WSTAT', Card.workState) + AddV('WZIPC', Card.workZipCode)
      + AddV('WCOUN', Card.workCountry) + AddV('DADDR', Card.defaultAddress) + AddV('WURL1', Card.webPage1)
      + AddV('WURL2', Card.webPage2) + AddV('TITLE', Card.jobTitle) + AddV('COMPA', Card.company)
      + AddV('BYEAR', Card.birthYear) + AddV('BMONT', Card.birthMonth) + AddV('BIDAY', Card.birthDay)
      + AddV('NOTES', Card.notes);
   return out;
}

function LineToCard(Card, Line)
{
   var vs = SplitV(Line);

Card = Card.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIAbCard);

Card.phoneticLastName = ValueNN("CARID",vs);
   //Card.firstName        = ValueNN("FNAME",vs);
   //Card.lastName         = ValueNN("LNAME",vs);
   Card.displayName      = ValueNN("DNAME",vs);
   try { Card.defaultEmail = ValueNN("DMAIL",vs); } catch (ex) {}
   Card.primaryEmail     = ValueNN("PMAIL",vs);
   Card.secondEmail      = ValueNN("SMAIL",vs);
   Card.workPhone        = ValueNN("TWORK",vs);
   Card.homePhone        = ValueNN("THOME",vs);

When I sync now it seems to work to use the DisplayName as the contacts name in the phone. When i sync from thunderbird to the phone, the display name is used as the contacts name, and when i sync from the phone to thunderbird, the display name is filled in and the first- and lastname are untouched, which is what i wanted.
However since i don't know the exact details about the synching, i'm wondering if this could cause any negative side effects, possible datacorruptions, or other errors?

If there is no problem with this change, why not make it an option in the thunderbird extension?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 19, 2008 22:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MPE reads only the temporary file and writes it back. So i think you should get no problems with your solution.

Its hard enought to sync 3 storages with each other, there are also some users which use MyphoneExplorer to sync after Thunderbird with google and so on. This is the reason why i don't like flexible field-mappings. If ity a basic part for you there are other softwares which do this (MobileMaster,...) - but they are not free.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
mynab
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 29, 2008 14:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Too bad... I would really like to have this option too!
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.