FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Call history Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
peter gutniak

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 04, 2008 09:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ,

During a phone call I reviewed the call history list to give the caller information on when a representative from that company called me up, which was two days ago. After having presented the information I updated the call list, and MPE promptly started downloading all the calls made since last sync. But after the update, all the listed calls in June were no longer present, just the one´s that were in the phone´s own memory (and maybe a couple more). The call information that I reviewed and presented was suddenly gone, along with all calls (in June) made, received and missed before 2008-06-02:20.36...!

I always thought that the calls history function was an archive, and not a representation of the memory capabilities of the phone. Was I wrong, or is this a bug of some sorts? It bugs me a bit if the former is not true, since the call history functionality is of essence when trying to keep track of callers.

Kind regards,
Peter

PS. Logfile available on request DS.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 04, 2008 20:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Callhistory is for archiving. Maybe you have set the wrong kepping-time in the settings for the archive (it can be set from "Not archive" to "Forever")
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
peter gutniak

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 04, 2008 23:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Nope. That was the first thing I checked. It´s set to "Unlimited". Any other ideas? Sad Rolling Eyes Question

Cool

/Peter
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2008 07:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is this behavior reproducable ? On my pc it works
peter gutniak

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2008 08:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Doesn´t look that way. I tried several times now, but the call history still lists my first call this month as having been made 2008-06-02:20.36.

And if I scroll a bit in the list, I can see that this is not the first time call history has disappeared either. In May, MPE states that I didn´t make, receive or miss a single call for a period of five days. That wouldn´t happen even if I was dead... Wink

Do you want me to mail you the log?
peter gutniak

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2008 12:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Update:

More calls are disappearing... The one made 20.36 is gone. Now the list ends with a call made 21.02. Crying or Very sad

Update 2:
Rolling Eyes Question Question

And now the 20.36 call is back??? What did I do? I sent and received an sms (through MPE). I synced the organizer. And then it appeared. In calls... Weird...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2008 17:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hä ???

Please backup the file Calls.dat in your profile-driectory, only to be sure.

Could it be a displayproblem in the list ? And as info: Items which comes from phone have a grey icon, orange icons are directly loaded from phone. I don't understand the life of this bug. You say old items are correctly saved and displayed but inbetween are some items missing - is that right ?
peter gutniak

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 10, 2008 12:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Looks like a display problem in the list as you suggested. I synced the call list, only to have the last item disappear. Then I multi-synced; nothing changed. I then restarted the app, and the last item reappeared. Still, the calls made in the beginning of June are gone, but at least no more are disappearing.

Any ideas?

/P
shrike
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 16, 2008 21:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi
I have a similar problem.
When I relized that MPE displayed me only the calls made in last 2 months (May - June), I changed the setting from 2 months to unlimited but anything changed.
Nothing disappear but MPE don't display the previous calls even if the memory of my K700 contains calls made erlier (from January to May).
Thanks for help.
peter gutniak

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 28, 2008 18:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This problem may not really be a problem with MPE...!

I just discovered that my calls list for today contains only 2 calls, which is nowhere near the amount of calls that I´ve made and received. Then I realized that my phone rebooted itself a couple of times today, probably due to a faulty sim-card (I don´t know yet...). The last couple of months, my phone (w890i) has been rebooting itself intermittently, but with increasing regularity albeit having the latest firmware, full resets done etc Evil or Very Mad. When checking the calls list in the phone, it currently states that the list is empty.

So the answer to this post could be that the constant reboots erases the call history in the phone, so when syncing and looking in MPE, a correct call history can´t be established.

Rolling Eyes Confused

/P
mistux

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 04, 2008 03:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

i have the same problem too...

i noticed at the CALLS tab the list only retains calls within 30 #'s (SE only save i think 30 #'s) , i think it's just copying what's on the phone but not archiving the previous calls. On earlier version of MPE all of my calls were recorded even the phone already automatically remove it from its own list , as long as you don't delete it on MyPhoneExplorer.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 04, 2008 10:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You can disable the archiving in the settings - is this the reason for your problem ?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.