FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Fail to sync contacts Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Menny
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 02, 2008 20:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi.
I have this really weird problem:
When syncing contacts (either Outlook or GMail), the conflicts dialog box pops up and asks me what to do (which is as I asked), I select the options I want, press OK, and the application seems to sync, BUT nothing changes (update or added) at the other side (Outlook or GMail).
Even if I try to sync again, the same conflicts come up, and after approving, nothing happens.

The first time I sync (lets say I delete the MyPhoneExplorer user), it does sync.

What am I doing wrong?

Most (if not all) of my contacts are in Hebrew.
I have Outlook 2003, Windows XP.
My phone is W660i.

Menny
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 02, 2008 20:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

First update to v1.7.1 if its not already done.

The basic problem on use with Outlook is that Outlook does make changes internally (f.e. it removes spaces on end automatically). on the next Sync MyPhoneExplorer will detect a change.

If you can see no change then let Outlook write the contact into your phone.

If this does not help then start MPE in debugmode (Start-Run-myphoneexplorer debug-OK). Then you'll see a new button in the sync-window called "Compare". Click on it and send me the sreenshot.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Menny
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 03, 2008 09:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
I've updated to 1.7.1 when it got out - I thought it will fix this problem, which I had in previous versions too.

I can not attach the screenshot for this. But I did notice something which explain why the first sync (after user deletion) works:
I did noticed that although MyPhoneExplorer find a conflict (in my case, the phone contanct had an email, while in Outlook it didn't - so MyPhoneExplorer said), the actual contact in Outlook HAD the email! The contacts are the same.

This is weird, right?

As I said before, the only "special" thing in my system, is that the contacts are in Hebrew.

BTW, the screenshot said something like:

Phone
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N;CHARSET=UTF-8:'[WEIRD CHARS]
TEL;CELL:052-XXXXX
EMAIL;INTERNET;PREF:HAXXX@XXX.NET
X-IRMC-LUID:00020000XXXXX
END:VCARD

Outlook(StopItem=Email)
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N;CHARSET=UTF-8:'[THE SAME WEIRD CHARS]
TEL;CELL:052-XXXXX
END:VCARD
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 03, 2008 21:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Are you connected to a Exchange-Server with Outlook ? If yes - MyPhoneExplorer cannot read emails which are saved in the global addressbook. I made a patch for it so that MPE will not compare emails if they could not be read out.
Menny
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 03, 2008 22:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes, my Outlook is connected to Exchange server. But the contacts are NOT stored on the global address book.
The contacts are similar to contacts already in the global addresses book, but the contacts in the global addresses book are in English, and do not have phone numbers, while in my private addresses book the contacts are in Hebrew and have phone numbers. The only thing that is similar, is the email addresses.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 03, 2008 22:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Only the emails make problems and the bad thing is that you cannot be sure if they are in the global addressbook or not. But try the patch above - with this it should work - even if you have a emailaddress in the phone and a emailaddress from the exchange-server in your contacts.
Menny
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 04, 2008 09:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok.
The patch worked.

Thanks.

BTW, I haven't said it before, but MyPhoneExplorer is a very good application. Keep the good work.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.