FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 No device attached to USB Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
David-G
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 03, 2010 05:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I can appreciate that you can't deliver ADB drivers for each device but maybe other IT semi-literates like me would find this website helpful:

http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-set-up-adb-usb-drivers-for-android-devices/

"Menu-File-Settings-Sync -> select Thunderbird here"

Thanks for that. I can apparently carry out synchronization although I don't get any confirmation messages and nothing appears in Contacts on my Nexus. Are there some other settings I am missing?
cgaski

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Dez 04, 2010 08:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Debug log at: http://www.consul-net.net/Debug.txt
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Dez 04, 2010 20:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There is a FAQ planned how to connect, but cause there are many diffrent models with diffrent drivers its hard to write a good FAQ for this.

Zitat:
Thanks for that. I can apparently carry out synchronization although I don't get any confirmation messages and nothing appears in Contacts on my Nexus. Are there some other settings I am missing?

Maybe a stupid question but did you also start the sync ?
- select Thunderbird as target in the settings
- go to Contacts (in MPE) and click on Sync (the first button in toolbar)
- or Menu-Extras-Run MultiSync
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
cgaski

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 05, 2010 05:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:

Maybe a stupid question but did you also start the sync ?
- select Thunderbird as target in the settings
- go to Contacts (in MPE) and click on Sync (the first button in toolbar)
- or Menu-Extras-Run MultiSync

No, it's not a stupid question at all. After I had completed selecting Thunderbird and the address books I thought that pressing the subsequent "OK" would initiate the synchronization. If anybody is stupid it is me.

Even though I now know how to carry out the synchronization I have not done it because of uncertainty as to what will happen.

In my Thunderbird address book in the vast majority of cases I just have e-mail addresses - I don't make phone calls from my computer.

In my phone in the vast majority of cases I just had a phone numbers - until I acquired a smart phone I couldn't send emails.

On the synchronization screen I am given three choices:

1. Create new entry in phone

If I select this I will presumably have two John Smiths in the phone book one with the e-mail address and one with the phone number.

2. Delete entry in Thunderbird

If I select this I will presumably delete John Smith and his e-mail address in Thunderbird and replace it with John Smith and his phone number.

3. Never sync this entry in future

Obviously what I would like to do would be to add John Smith's e-mail address to the existing telephone number in the phone book. Is this possible?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 05, 2010 09:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
In my Thunderbird address book in the vast majority of cases I just have e-mail addresses - I don't make phone calls from my computer.

You should take a look in the Advanced settings for sync->Exceptions cause there is a default filter which overides contacts without phone number.

Zitat:
Obviously what I would like to do would be to add John Smith's e-mail address to the existing telephone number in the phone book. Is this possible?

This is a known problem and you cannot merge the data at sync. Workaround: Sync both items so you have duplicates. Then select them in the contactlist of MPE->Rightclick->Join contacts. Then sync again to remove the duplicates in Thunderbird
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
christina0fernandez@gmail

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 12, 2016 09:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

so my phone is broken cannot access anything debugging is not turned on either i have installed myphoneexplorer to my computer now my question how do enable debugging from myphoneexplorer all it gives me no device attached to usb
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.