FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Recurring appointment can't be deleted from phone Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
rjrcooper

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 24, 2011 13:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am syncing my Outlook 2007 calendar with my HTC Desire successfully except for one appointment that seems to be "stuck" in my phone.

Every time I sync, I am prompted about this appointment, irrespective of the situation.

If I haven't changed the appointment since my last sync, I am asked which of the appointments I want to us - the one in the phone or the one in Outlook.

If I manually delete the appointment in Outlook and sync, I am asked if I want to delete the appointment in the phone. I say yes but then on the next sync I am prompted to re-create the appointment in Outlook - the appointment looks as though it wasn't deleted in the phone even though it doesn't appear on my phone calendar.

If I then allow it to re-create the appointment in Outlook and sync again, it prompts me for which to use - the phone or Outlook.

I am now in a situation where the appointment is in my Outlook calendar but not in my phone calendar but whenever I sync, MPE prompts me for which to use - the Outlook or phone appointment.

On every sync, MPE thinks that there is an appointment in my phone that has changed when there clearly isn't.

I don't want to select the "Don't sync this in the future" option because if I change this appointment, I want to sync the changes.

Is this a problem with MPE or the Android/HTC Desire calendar??
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 26, 2011 18:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please update 'MyPhoneExplorer Client' in phone to the current beta: www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 27, 2011 00:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'll give the new beta client a try.

I notice that Bluetooth is now supported on the phone client - how do I get this working on the PC client??
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 27, 2011 01:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You'll need also the beta of the PC-Software. Please tell me if you had success on Desire with Bluetooth
rjrcooper

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 27, 2011 01:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes, everything seems to be working fine so far. I've connected my Desire via Bluetooth, viewed the memory and battery status of my device, downloaded the calendar entries and sent a 2-SMS text message successfully (one of the more annoying bugs in the previous version)!

Great stuff! Looking forward to playing with the calendar and contact sync with my work PC to see if it's more forgiving.
rjrcooper

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 28, 2011 16:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, I just synced my Outlook calendar with my phone with the new releases of the phone and PC clients but they haven't resolved the issue.

I have the exact same birthday in both the phone and Outlook yet every time I sync, I am prompted for which to use. No matter how many times I sync, I always get the prompt.

When I click Sync, after the "Initiating sync" message I see a message briefly: "Update appointment in the phone: Dylan Chapot - Birthday" before it comes up with the "Sync progress (events/tasks) with Outlook..." message and then throws up the prompt for which "Dylan Chapot - Birthday" to choose - phone or Outlook - even though both show the exact same name and date.

It seems to be updating the phone calendar before it tries to sync, possibly making it seem like the phone entry has changed when it hasn't.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 28, 2011 19:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On the next Sync choose "Use entry from Outlook" and then post the logfile
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.