FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Outlook categories sync Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Rolando Zappacosta

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 13, 2014 00:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ,

one thing I've just realized is that Outlook Categories are not getting synced.

For instance: create a new entry, assign it Blue and sync. Then, change it to Red and request MPE to "Sync Organizer": this change to the calendar entry does not even get detected.

Only way to get it synced in order to get the color seen in my phone's 3rd-party calendar app updated is to, say, change the description text, sync, go back to the correct text and sync again.

Could you have a look at it?

TIA,
Rolando
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 01, 2014 22:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This issue has a conceptual reason. MyPhoneExplorer doe snot sync the category - he can sync only the appointment color. The appointment color cannot be set in Outlook so this field can be synced only one way from Outlook to phone. And each field which can be synced only one way is not able to be detected as "Item is diffrent to Outlook" since a Phone->Outlook sync of this field would fail.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Rolando Zappacosta

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 02, 2014 11:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Not sure to understand, shouldn't it be as easy as syncing things like this:
MPE Appointment Color <=> Outlook category

Am I missing something?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 03, 2014 22:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You can sync the category color of Outlook to the phone but its not possible to sync (a eventually changed color) from the phone to Outlook. This is the background reason for this issue

Rolando Zappacosta

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2014 12:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is that because Outlook's "database" doesn't allow a category to be changed?

Because if it that's not the case, then I think this could be work-arounded an have it synced (for instance, by adding a trailing space at the end of a phone number, description or whatever else).

See my point?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 17, 2014 23:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You can change the color of a category but:
1: There are only 25 possible colors for Outlook available, the phone can give the appointment ANY color
2: Changing the category color in Outlook would raise alot of back sync actions because all other appointments using this color would have to be changed

Turnip

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 25, 2014 20:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am rather late to this thread but I would like to revive it as it is the closest thing to my problem I could find (I read the FAQs and a zillion threads that I found when I searched for "Kategorien" in the German and "categories" in the English forum.

I sync between my office computer, my phone and my computer at home.
I have MPE installed on both computers, and the same basic set-up for both computers (see signature).

I am using Outlook categories for tasks (very important to me), notes (important) and appointments (not so important but "nice to have").

My phone
- shows different colors for different categories of tasks - I don't care if they match the colors I used in Outlook. That's fine.
- also shows my notes sorted by category, but they all have the same color, so I have no way of seeing where one category ends and the next category starts.
- shows appointments in different categories and different colors. That's also working nicely.

But if I sync from my phone to the other computer (no matter which one it is), the categories of my appointments do not get synced.
I read above that the category colors do not get synced because of different colors, so do I get it right, that MPE is changing the colors and that this is the issue?
FYI: I made sure that all the categories are defined in the exact same way on both computers (all category names and all colors assigned to them are identical in both my Outlook set-ups).

Is this something you could fix or is that an Android problem?

As for the categories of notes, it would also be nice to have different colors there.

Please let me know, if I overlooked something and if there is something I can do to improve my settings!

Also, I would like to let you know that I am using MPE because it was recommended to me and I have recommended it myself countless times. It is the single most important tool on my device and what I especially love about it is the fact that I can sync via USB! Very Happy

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 28, 2014 01:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

For the notes there was a bug in it, update the app on the phone and the PC Software to the current beta:
www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk
http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe

For the appointments there is only a appointment-color field in the Android database. So its only possible to transfer the category color from Outlook to the phone (the color is not compared, so its not enought to change only the category when you want to raise a change)

Turnip

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 28, 2014 12:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Many thanks for your reply!
I will try that. I did update computer and phone software. I can't see any change regarding the notes but maybe when I sync to my main computer, I will see a change and will try that as soon as I get there. So far I have no color for notes without a category assigned to them and one color for all categories. Maybe I need to reassign new categories.

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 02, 2014 15:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just for your information (this is NOT an urgent issue):
MPE on the desktop computer shows different categories of notes correctly (however, they are all the same color) and MPE on the phone shows all categorized notes with a little square in the upper left-hand corner - all in the same color, even though they are different categories - and no square for uncategorized items.

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 12, 2015 15:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

As i told, this is a known bug and its already fixed in the beta-Versions. But existing categories will be not fixed so you have to correct them manually

Turnip

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 12, 2015 16:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks again! It works fine now!

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 28, 2016 11:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
For the appointments there is only a appointment-color field in the Android database.

I don't know if you'd rather I resurrected an old thread to keep discussions in one place, or if you'd rather I started a new thread. Feel free to split this off if you'd prefer.

MPE nicely transfers the appointment color from Outlook (in my case) to the phone, and when I view the calendar on the phone I can see all the colors.

I'm syncing with a calendar that's part of Google Calendar on the phone. If I wait for that calendar to sync to Google's servers, then view my calendar on their web interface, all appointments have the color of the calendar the appointments are in, not the individual event colors. Also, if I view the calendar on another Android device that syncs to the same Google Calendar, I again have lost all the colors.

I can fix that, by editing an appointment on the phone, and setting the color manually. Wait for it to sync, view on the web, and that appointment now has the color I gave it.

I can't debug further. Either MPE is only half setting the color field (I don't know how the API works), or Google Calendar only picks up the event color if the color is from a certain pre-defined palette. If Outlook allowed me to assign any color to a category, I could ensure all my categories used colors from the Google Calendar palette - but it doesn't. So do I need to request a feature that you map event colors to the closest color within that palette (maybe as a setting that can be turned on when someone wants it)?

Any other thoughts from anyone as to why I can't get the colors to sync all the way to Google's event colors?
Mister_slowhand

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 10, 2017 16:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,

I see quite the same thing here, using several sync applications between my different devices : Funambol, Davical (caldav), MPE of course...
The appointment color is a trick when Android devices are concerned !
As I understand it, the category color in Outlook is rather limited, while the appointment color in android can use any color.
What happens with Thunderbird categories/colors when synced to an android device through MPE ?

I wish I could keep the per appointment color when I move/copy an appointment on my smartphone !
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.