FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MFE does not find contacts. Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Kurtbe

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 07, 2015 15:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

When I connect to computer it does not read any contact. When I try to sync from the app itself it says: Your phone has no local contact-account (but it has; there are a few 100 contacts in my phone). Then it refers to a google acount (which I do not use for contacts), And then it tells me to create a local account or to add the Google account to the synchronisationselection.
When I press install 'MyLocal...' I get sent to my google account...
I use OnePlus One with CyanogenMod 12. In version 11, everything worked fine...
Anybody an idea on how to make MFE read my local contacts?

Tnks beforehand.
Kurt
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Kurtbe

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 07, 2015 15:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I got this far as to find out that 'My Local Account' is an app provided by FJ Software. Installed it, but to no avail. I can still not read any of the contacts in my phone via MPE.
Crying or Very sad Sad
Kurtbe

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 07, 2015 16:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

However, When I do make a contact in the desktop version of MPE an dthen sync, it says that threre are NO contacts in the phone and asks if it can put the contacts from the comuter into the phone. And it does that flawlessly: indeed, after synchroising I find the newly ccreated contact neatkly amongst my other contacts. Whan I thaen try to read my phone again, the desktop MPE cannot find any contact back. Not even the one it has created itself!
Idea Question
Kurtbe

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 20, 2015 18:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Anyone have an idea?
Is FJ software still under development??

Rolling Eyes
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 21, 2015 11:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You have 100s of contacts in the phone - which account are they in? (Your phone's contact app will have a setting which will be something like 'contact accounts to display'). The MPE phone app has settings 'Contact-accounts to sync' and 'Add new contacts to' - these have to be set for the 'account' which you store the above '100s of contacts'.

On the PC, go to File > Settings > Sync > Contacts - and check what you are sync'ing with. In the Advanced options check that you have sync enabled for the direction you wish and ensure that the 'Show confirmation window .....' is checked!!! That way you can back out if there's a problem.

HTH

Kurtbe

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 21, 2015 13:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Dave, Thank you for your reply.
All settings were allready like you described.
The problem is that MPE on PC cannot read any contacts from my phone.
It must however be said that I do not allow my contacts to be synced to Google. All my contacts are local in my phone. Before MPE could read the contacts from the local app in the OnePlus One (CyanogenMod 11). Since the new update to CyanogenMod 12, my contacts are invisible to MPE. So when I try to sync MPE on PC it says that my phone has no contacts, Outlook has 100s, and it will only sync from outlook to phone. after such sync, all contacts have doubled in the phone. But whan I check on PC, MPE still says I have zero contacts in my phone...
Thus making it impossible to sync any new contact from the phone into Outlook.
After extensive search in google, I get teh feeling it might have something to do with the new cyanogenmed email app 'boxer'. But I am lost as to why.
Any help would be most welcome, because MPE is the only thing that does (euhhh... did) the trick. And did it wonderfully well.
Greets, Kurt
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 21, 2015 20:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There is no reason not to use the local google account on the phone to sync, this is what I do. BUT ... I turn OFF Google sync with the cloud (and use Titanium Backup to 'freeze' the Google calendar and contact syncs). That way I get all the benefits of the Google account on the phone but don't have my data in their 'cloud'. Basically i set the phone up with my Google account BEFORE and data is added to it, turn off sync and only then load my data from Outlook on my PC.

Worth a try?

Kurtbe

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 21, 2015 22:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks again Dave, but again to no avail: I gave in in the mean time and uploaded all my contacts to google+. Same result: MPE is still not seeing a single contact on my phone...
NickHark

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 11, 2015 19:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Kurtbe hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Thanks again Dave, but again to no avail: I gave in in the mean time and uploaded all my contacts to google+. Same result: MPE is still not seeing a single contact on my phone...

I believe I have the same problem. This last week my S3 SGH-i747 w/ Android 4.2.2 stopped exposing my contacts on the phone to the MPE (1.8.6) on the PC (Win7 Ultimate 64b). I tried changing the "display contacts" to all other options on the phone but no difference. I had refused to update the google security service, and apparently Google did it for me without my knowledge. I think the security may be the problem.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 13, 2015 09:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, my phone runs under GyanogenMod, which alows you to set security levels. I would not know which security level would have to be altered, but I could try if I had any idea.
So far I gave up on MPE because I cannot use it anymore. I am however impatiently waiting for it to start working again, as I truly miss the possibilities of it. I would gladly make a donation for the working product beacause to me, it is really worth it...
NickHark

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 20, 2015 01:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I deleted all my contacts from my phone and then started sync, which asked if I wanted to copy the data from the program, (meaning my 2003 Outlook file) and it brought them all back with favorites etc.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 27, 2016 10:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Nearly a year down the line now. I was hoping that updates might have solved the problem, but nothing so far.
I tried to use MPE to make a backup so that I can reset my phone and start all over again. But now I find I can no longer make a backup with MPE because of an 'Obex' problem...
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.