FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Only partial list of contacts from phone, and no update to p Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
pierreph

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 04, 2016 18:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just installed MyPhoneExplorer on my laptop (Thunderbird, Windows 7) and my phone (BlackBerry Z10). All I am interested in is syncing contacts. I know my phone is not an Android phone but it can run Android apps.

The plug-in got installed in Thunderbird.

Upon first sync via Wifi, MyPhoneExplorer picked up 145 contacts from my phone. But I have 708. What happened? How did it pick only a subset? What do I need to do for it to get everything?

The 145 contacts got added to the Thunderbird profile I selected for the sync. Fine. When I modify a contact in TB and resync, it gets modified in MPE, but the change never makes it to the phone. If I modify a contact in MPE, the change makes it to TB but still not to the phone, even though the sync is set to bi-directional.

So I have 2 problems:
1) MPE only picked up a partial list of my phone contacts
2) Modifications never make it to the phone.

I read all posts in the English FAQ but didn't see anything relevant. Thanks for your anticipated help to a MyPhoneExplorer newbie.

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 07, 2016 00:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It's been over a month, and 202 views later, yet no reply. I am very surprised. Does any one have any idea how to address my 2 questions? Is FJ still supporting this seemingly great tool?

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 07, 2016 20:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On the PC check out : settings > sync > [Thunderbird] Advanced - and check that the sync is both ways etc

On the phone: MPE > Settings > Contact-accounts to sync (and 'add new contacts to) - check that the phones's contact accounts are the ones you're interested in. You'll probably find that you have more than one 'account' with contacts. Check this in your contact manager (whichever contact app you use) - for example in mine I have a setting for which contacts to display - and this can be by account or group, for example. I'm sure your problem must lie along those lines.

HTH

pierreph

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 07, 2016 22:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Dave,

Thanks for offering to help.

On the PC, in MPE, for the sync, it is set to Thunderbird. In Advanced, the sync mode is "Sync both". So I think I am fine there.

On the phone, for Contact-accounts to sync, I have a list of 4:
Phone
Contacts (blackberry)
Skype (<skype id>)
Google (<gmail id>)

I do not understand the difference between the first two so I have them both checked. I do not want the Skype contacts synced so I left the 3rd one unchecked. And I do not want contacts synced with Gmail so I left the 4th one unchecked as well.
Can you explain the meaning of the first two?

For Add new contacts to, I have to choose 1 between the following 3:
Phone
Contacts (blackberry)
Google (<Gmail id>)

Currently I have the second one (Contacts) selected. If I select the first one, it warns me that my phone has no local contact account (Not true, but I am not sure if I am interpreting this correctly), and that the Google account will fetch all contacts which are not assigned to any account. I don't want Google involved in this so I backed out and left Contacts selected.

Any suggestions as to where to go next?

What you are trying to address is the lack of TB --> Phone syncing (actually MPE --> Phone, since TB --> MPE does happen, and it happens in both directions).

I am also wondering why MPE only picked a small fraction of my Phone contacts on first sync.

Thanks for your anticipated further help on either problem.

Pierre

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 07, 2016 18:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I don't know if this helps but I just found that MyPhoneExplorer can't find one of the contacts lists.

I have an Amazon Firephone and when I add a contact to the phone it goes into a list called, "Amazon" by default and I can't find a way to change that.

So anything in the Amazon list does not sync. Luckily I had only 5 or 6 contacts in Amazon. I manually typed them into Thunderbird and they synced fine.

Then I deleted them from Amazon so it is empty.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.