FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 SMS backup/archive Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
insx

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 14, 2016 16:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello! I am new here. Just discovered MPE and it seems utterly amazing.
Please forgive my post length. I am simply trying to explain my questions as clearly as possible to avoid misunderstanding.

Here are my three questions::
1) It would appear that only text messages from/to a single recipient are backed up. The ones in my phone that went to several people do not appear in the MPE PC backup. What's up with that??

2) How does one ARCHIVE SMS messages? The check box for this option was grayed-out when I first backed up my phone. I then discovered that you can view the conversations on the PC, but in order to use the "copy (or move) to archive" function in the toolbar, you must select EACH MESSAGE (as opposed to the entire conversation, or even the whole group of messages) ONE AT A TIME? Only after I manually placed a message in the archive was I able to select the checkbox, and when I backed up the phone again, the only thing that showed up in the archive was the message I manually put there before. That seems weird.
So does this mean each time I back up my phone, I must manually find the new messages and manually place them in the archive? Really?

3) Regarding "backup": what, precisely, does this mean in MPE? For instance, say I create a backup file. Then say I disconnect, go to my phone, delete a call from the log and send a text message, then reconnect and back up my phone again. When MPE on my PC tells me that "the backup file with this name already exists - overwrite?" and I click "OK", does that mean the backup is now a mirror of my phone in its current state? (Meaning the call I deleted and message I sent now show up on the backup - with the deleted call being gone forever?) Or does MPE simply "sync" the call from the original backup back to my phone? Or does it behave as an archive, meaning added things get added, but things deleted from the source (phone) stay in the backup?

I ask because I noticed the setting about how far back to save calls & chose "unlimited". This would indicate that the backup acts as an archive.....but the archiving of SMS seems to be a separate thing.
I don't quite understand how this is all supposed to work.
If someone could explain it to me, that would be great!
(I did look through many other posts but found nothing addressing anything about this.)

Many thanks!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.