FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Something wrong with syncing new phone! Appts go missing Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 26, 2016 00:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, so I got a new Android phone and made sure to create a backup with MPE and old phone before handing it in. I connected the new phone, chose Restore Backup and both the new phone and MPE on dekstop were populated with all the appts/contacts etc.

Now, however, I looked at my new phone and the stock calendar is empty (no appts) but the appts are still on MPE on my desktop! Not sure what happened!

I then went into settings, chose "Force Outlook>phone", it populated the phone again, MPE desktop looks good. But now I look at the stock calendar on my phone and once again, all the appts are gone but they are still in MPE on my desktop!

Can someone please help me figure out to how fix this? If it helps, I do have the original backup I made before handing in my old phone, saved on my desktop.

Thoughts? Advice please????

p.s. Does it help to know that my new phone is the Google Pixel?

Thank you!
Cat
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
user_deleted
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 26, 2016 01:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Cat,

did you check settings on the MPE client (in smartphone) which calendars (accounts) are selected for sync?

If you are not sure in which calendar your appts were stored, have a look into your desktop MPE, go to list view and look into column "calendar".

best regards...
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 26, 2016 02:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Mr. Deauville hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi Cat,

did you check settings on the MPE client (in smartphone) which calendars (accounts) are selected for sync?

If you are not sure in which calendar your appts were stored, have a look into your desktop MPE, go to list view and look into column "calendar".

best regards...

Ok, just checked calendar to sync in MPE on phone and unchecked Google calendar, just I think it is now set to just sync with my regular one, so that might help. Meaning, I only want to sync my "stock" calendar. I am hoping that the Pixel does not "force" you to sync with Google Calendar? Is MPE working alright with Outlook syncing w/ basic calendar or have there been any issues?

Went into lists view for calendar on MPE desktop and under all appts it says "contacts". Is that normal?

Thanks so much for your help.
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 26, 2016 14:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, just checked calendar to sync in MPE on phone and unchecked Google calendar, just I think it is now set to just sync with my regular one, so that might help. Meaning, I only want to sync my "stock" calendar. I am hoping that the Pixel does not "force" you to sync with Google Calendar? Is MPE working alright with Outlook syncing w/ basic calendar or have there been any issues?

Went into lists view for calendar on MPE desktop and under "calendar" column it says "contacts". Is that normal?

Thanks so much for your help

Zuletzt bearbeitet von CatB am Sa Nov 26, 2016 22:51, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 26, 2016 20:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Am I correct in assuming that MPE and my phone should mirror each other exactly and they both sync to Outlook? Is that the premise of MPE?

Should I always be choosing "Sync Both" in my Settings before syncing?

If I was able to get the appts back on my phone now (which I was) after choosing "Restore Backup"from my old phone, going forward now, I can just sync as usual, right? On other words, is there any reason to keep the old backup from my old phone?

And should I be in the habit of doing a "Create Backup" on my desktop version of MPE, just in case?

Do you all have a Users Guide of some sort for MPE?

Thanks for all the help Smile
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Nov 28, 2016 16:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Also, since I have not yet gotten another reply, I thought I would just add this question for answering. I currently have a Google Pixel (brand new) and am wondering if I am able to use MPE to sync my Outlook calendar/contacts with Google calendar, since that is the "stock" calendar that comes with the Pixel?

In other words, are people using MPE and Google calendar to sync with Outlook on their desktops successfully?
jrase

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Nov 28, 2016 17:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

"...are people using MPE and Google calendar to sync with Outlook on their desktops successfully?"

CatB,
I have NOT been able to sync my Outlook calendar on my desktop with my new Pixel phone. When I've tried, the events appear briefly on my phone, but vanish one-by-one within just a few seconds.
I posed this very question to FJ weeks ago and have received no response at all so far.
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Nov 28, 2016 18:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

jrase hat Folgendes geschrieben:
"...are people using MPE and Google calendar to sync with Outlook on their desktops successfully?"

CatB,
I have NOT been able to sync my Outlook calendar on my desktop with my new Pixel phone. When I've tried, the events appear briefly on my phone, but vanish one-by-one within just a few seconds.
I posed this very question to FJ weeks ago and have received no response at all so far.

Ok, that is odd! Now, that is what was happening to me previously but now, since I have chosen my Google account (and, as such, Google calendar) as my "default" calendar, I am now able to sync what I do in Outlook on desktop with my stock calendar (aka Google calendar). The only drawback is now Google is populated with all my appts, which I would rather not have happen, but does not seem to be a choice.

I am looking forward to seeing some replies, thoughts and help with this.

Overall, are you liking the Pixel?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 29, 2016 00:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I also sync Outlook via MPE with my Google 'calendar' on the phone. However, I firstly turn off Google syncing with it's servers so that any Outlook data is only transferred to my phone. I could set up a local calendar for this but I just find it convenient to use one that exists already.

If your appts. are missing is it because you have Google sync turned on? That woul dmean that your phone is syncing with Googles servers which have, in your case I assume, no entries?

CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 29, 2016 01:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I also sync Outlook via MPE with my Google 'calendar' on the phone. However, I firstly turn off Google syncing with it's servers so that any Outlook data is only transferred to my phone. I could set up a local calendar for this but I just find it convenient to use one that exists already.

If your appts. are missing is it because you have Google sync turned on? That woul dmean that your phone is syncing with Googles servers which have, in your case I assume, no entries?

I don't think I turned off anything and when syncing my Google Pixel with MPE, it seemed to update my Google stock calendar and Outlook.

How do you turn off the Google server? And is this necessary?

I would really love to hear from a forum moderator on this issue and get some feedback. Again, I really do not want to populate Google Calendar with my appts but this seems to be the only way, on my Pixel, to do it.
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 29, 2016 09:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi CatB,
1. What for calendars do you see : Phone => MPE-Client => Settings => Calendars-accounts to sync ?

2. What for calendars do you see : Phone => MPE-Client => Settings => Manage local calendar ?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 29, 2016 15:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi CatB,
1. What for calendars do you see : Phone => MPE-Client => Settings => Calendars-accounts to sync ?

2. What for calendars do you see : Phone => MPE-Client => Settings => Manage local calendar ?

1) Under "Calendars to Sync", I see Contacts, Holidays, CBH Calendar, Contacts (again), Holidays (again), and one of my 2 gmail accounts. All are checked off except the last one (one of my gmail accounts), which is unchecked.

Then, under "Contact-accounts to sync", I see Phone (unchecked), one gmail account (unchecked), other Gmail account (unchecked) and My Local Account (checked)

2) Under "Manage local Calendars" I see Nothing....just an option to "Create New Local Calendar"

I would so greatly appreciate your help with this. Prior to getting this phone, here is what I did (and liked!). I had another Android phone, came with a built-in calendar (horrible), so I installed a 3rd party app called Pocket Informant that I have been using for years. I synced my phone using MPE with my desktop and Outlook for calendar and contacts. It worked great!

Now, probably because I have a Google Pixel phone, 100% Google, the built-in calendar is actaully Google calendar so I can still use Pocket Informant but all my appts and contacts are also going to Google calendar and I never really wanted that info in the cloud (course, maybe that is not a bad thing and I should just get over it????).

Anyway, Ideally I would be able to go back to using Pocket Informant, and sync Outlook on my desktop with my phone using MPE, seamlessly. Please advise me how this might be possible. Is there any reason I should be concerned about Google Calendar being populated? Does MPE tend to work alright with Google Calendar and Outlook, together?

Also, am I correct in assuming that MPE and my phone should be mirror images of each other, once synced with Outlook?

I greatly appreciate the support and assistance!

Cat
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 29, 2016 15:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

CatB hat Folgendes geschrieben:
2) Under "Manage local Calendars" I see Nothing....just an option to "Create New Local Calendar"

- Please Create a new local calendar for example "My Calendar"

- Phone => MPE-Client => Settings => Calendars-accounts to sync only "My Calendar"
- Phone => Calendar-App => Settings => Calendar view => only "My Calendar"
- MPE => Organizer => Blue arrow ("From phone new load")
- First time Sync force Outlook > phone

jrase

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 29, 2016 18:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm sponging on this string since it's similar to mine.

I tried to follow the instructions you gave above, but I got the same result: events that momentarily get synced from Outlook on my PC to my Pixel phone, and then evaporate before my very eyes.

On my Pixel phone I created a new calendar "My Calendar"
On the phone, in Settings-Calendars to Sync, I checked "My Calendar".
On the phone, in Settings- Contact-accounts to Sync, there is no "My Calendar" present to check.
On the PC, in MPE, I clicked the blue-arrow icon and nothing happened (actually events that showed in MPE calendar on my PC from a previous attempt disappeared).
Then on the PC, in MPE, I clicked the ying-yang-arrow icon, clicked "Force Outlook -> phone". The Outlook calendar on my PC once again appeared to sync to the phone, but then the events on the phone disappeared for the umpteenth time!

Very frustrating waste of time. Please help.
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 29, 2016 19:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

jrase hat Folgendes geschrieben:
On the phone, in Settings- Contact-accounts to Sync, there is no "My Calendar" present to check.

This ist your problem for"The Outlook calendar on my PC once again appeared to sync to the phone, but then the events on the phone disappeared...", but I wrote...
icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
- Phone => Calendar-App => Settings => Calendar view => only "My Calendar"

The appts are exist in the phone, but you can't see they, without calendar view "My Calendar"

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.