FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE was uninstalled from laptop...guidance please? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 05, 2017 20:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, so this was done when my laptop went out for repairs. They removed MPE. I have all my contacts, appointments, etc on my laptop in Outlook, and I last synced with MPE and my phone about 2 weeks ago (when my laptop got repaired).

How can I reinstall MPE, and do that initial sync set up without screwing anything up?

Here is also the problem: while Outlook has most of my crucial appts/contacts dating back a long time, I have added several appts in my phone during the last 2 weeks (so those were never synced with Outlook or MPE).

I am afraid I will mess something up here so guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Cat
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 10, 2017 22:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can someone please help provide some guidance on this please?

I am trying to make sure that I do not lose Outlook appts already there plus all the new appts I have entered.

Thank you.
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 17, 2017 13:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am respectfully asking for guidance on how to re-install MPE and not lose all the appts I currently have in Outlook, as well as all the new appts (now 3 weeks or more worth!), that have yet to be added to Outlook on my desktop because of MPE having been uninstalled.

Could someone please advise me on the best way to do this, step-by-step? I love this program but getting support can be frustrating sometimes.

Thank you!
Cat
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 18, 2017 23:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can no one help me in how to set up MPE in this situation????

I have already gone thru the FAQ's etc and there is no mention of how to do what I have asked in this posting.

Is the English part not well visited or do people just have low tolerance for those who do not have a "knack" at this and need more help than others?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 19, 2017 01:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Install MPE on PC.
Set it up as you did before for a 2-way sync, but make sure the 'Show confirmation window before MPE makes any changes' is checked!
Choose 'Calendar'.
'Download entire' (big blue arrow at top of MPE window)
Sync. Check the confirmation window to ensure everything is fine.

From there act accordingly - depending on whether the 'changes' are as you think.

If you're worried then make a copy of the calendar/contacts from Outlook (export as pst file). Hopefully that'll fix things for you.

CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 19, 2017 02:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Install MPE on PC.
Set it up as you did before for a 2-way sync, but make sure the 'Show confirmation window before MPE makes any changes' is checked!
Choose 'Calendar'.

From there act accordingly - depending on whether the 'changes' are as you think.

If you're worried then make a copy of the calendar/contacts from Outlook (export as pst file). Hopefully that'll fix things for you.

Ok, great! Thank you for the guidance. I will try this and hope all goes well.

Is there any advice you have for getting timely responses on the English forum? I feel badly, as I have posted here before and am more of a "newbie" here in regards to understanding how these 3rd party syncing apps work. I think it might frustrate people when I ask what might appear to be a simple question (though not at all simple to me!).

Thank you for your help Smile
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 19, 2017 14:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

CatB hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... Is there any advice you have for getting timely responses on the English forum? ...

Not really. I guess it depends on how many people/moderators visit and whether those visitors think a 'search' could have found the answer. Trouble is, sometimes you actually hit upon the right answer in an existing thread but, as a 'newbie', it doesn't seem to answer the exact question you're asking so there's always a little doubt .... Smile

CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 20, 2017 02:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

CatB hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... Is there any advice you have for getting timely responses on the English forum? ...

Not really. I guess it depends on how many people/moderators visit and whether those visitors think a 'search' could have found the answer. Trouble is, sometimes you actually hit upon the right answer in an existing thread but, as a 'newbie', it doesn't seem to answer the exact question you're asking so there's always a little doubt .... Smile

OK, makes sense...thanks! I will continue to be persistent when the need arises and will reach out with questions because I really do love this program!

Thank you Smile
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 20, 2017 15:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Install MPE on PC.
Choose 'Calendar'.

Ok, so I installed MPE on my laptop again and as soon as I did, it populated with all the appts that had been in my calendar (I assume they were pulled from Outlook when installing????). So, in other words, these are appts that have already passed or some old entries that have been deleted or even some future appts, all the things that were in there before MPE was uninstalled from my laptop. Is that normal that these were repopulated when MPE was installed? It also still has my User Name "Pixel" for my phone.

And knowing that MPE on my desktop has items in there already, do I follow the same instructions you recommended here, so that new appts from my phone get into my dekstop, things that were deleted are actually deleted, etc? In other words, so that changes in each get updated?

Do I still follow that "download entire" instruction, too?

Thank you!
CatB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 22, 2017 22:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@dvhttn

Thoughts before having me proceed with "Download Entire" please in previous post?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.