FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Some Outlook contacts not found or not matched to phone Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
cjuhlman

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 08, 2017 02:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have just installed the MyPhoneExplorer. Previously I used Kies to sync my Samsung GS5 with Outlook 2013. So starting out, all my contacts and my calendar were synced.
The first time I opened MPE, it connected to the phone fine, and downloaded all the contacts from the phone, but seemingly only some from Outlook. If I attempt to sync, out of 400 total contacts, it wants to add 83 to Outlook - which will all be duplicates since they are really existing already in Outlook. It also wants to modify another 36 contacts - which I can live with.
I have closely looked at these contacts on both PC and Phone and I cannot detect any differences that would account for MPE not matching them. Can someone please tell me the matching criteria so I can try to sort this out? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Charlie
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 08, 2017 20:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My approach would be to ignore any differences in the lists and make the Outlook side the master copy. Ensure, manually if you have to, that Outlook has the newest details of all your contacts. Then delete the 'Contacts storage' on your phone (this will delete all contacts on your phone hence the 'check them first' ...). Connect up MPE and use the big blue arrow to 'download entire' from the phone to MPE on the PC. This will show as no contacts within MPE. Then do your sync (ensuring that settings - sync - contacts is correct).

I'm just sceptical of trying to sync between Outlook on the PC and the phones contacts when another sync mechanism has been used previously. This way you get a clean sync and get to clean up your contacts database.

cjuhlman

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 08, 2017 21:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks. I am hesitant to do that just now. If I display only the Outlook contacts in MPE, I see that it only has approx. 30% of the contacts loaded. So if I deleted all contacts on the phone and did a sync I would lose approx 240 contacts. Note - I only have the one contact folder in Outlook, and I cannot see why these 240 contacts do not appear in MPE. Is there any way in MPE to delete all the Outlook contacts and start fresh, or to force a refresh? Is there a requirement for certain fields to be non-blank in order for it to be considered a valid contact?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 08, 2017 23:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Check settings - sync - contacts (Advanced) is correct. (PC)

Settings - Contact-account to sync /Add new contacts to (phone)

Also check which contact accounts are being displayed etc

cjuhlman

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 12, 2017 20:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I reviewed all the settings as you suggest and they look pretty straightforward to me. Set to sync with Outlook 2013, the only folder selected is "Personal Folders\Contacts", and I have tried both "sync both" and "Force Outlook --> Phone" with no difference. If I change the display to "Yahoo ('my email')" - which I assume is Outlook because the only other choice is 'Phone', only a portion of my contacts are displayed. It seems that MPE is not loading most of them and I cannot figure out why. I believe this is the problem. Checking extensively in Outlook, I cannot see a difference between the contacts that MPE loads, and the majority of the contacts that MPE does not load. I intend to upgrade to a different Android phone soon and if MPE cannot find all my Outlook contacts then I will not be able to use it.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.