FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Synced Contacts Category > Labels are Empty Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Der Geister

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 07, 2017 23:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have several issues but I am going to post them as separate topics so they can be dealt with without making it confusing and mixing everything up.

On Outlook, the contacts are assigned to categories, some of them to more than one.

While the sync creates the contacts just fine and also creates labels based on the categories, it doesn't actually assign them properly.

Meaning, you have all these labels created for all the categories, but all the contacts are just unassigned to any label and a giant jumble, defeating the whole points of having them categorized or creating all these labels and not actually use them to assign to the contact that resulted in it being created.

Is there an option that makes that happen that I am not seeing? Or is this just a missed bug that hasn't been addressed? It is very frustrating to not be able to choose the label (as Google calls) it to get the items assigned to that category, especially that they are being created, just nothing is being assigned to them properly.

Thanks.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Der Geister

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 13, 2017 08:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Seriously no reply for over a month?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 13, 2017 10:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Works fine for me. Outlook (2010 in my case) categories get transferred to Google Group labels on my phone which I can use to display particu;ar contacts, for example. But remember that for some reason Google also gives ALL contacts a 'My Contacts' label as well. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

Der Geister

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 13, 2017 18:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Works fine for me. Outlook (2010 in my case) categories get transferred to Google Group labels on my phone which I can use to display particu;ar contacts, for example. But remember that for some reason Google also gives ALL contacts a 'My Contacts' label as well. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

Thank you for that but I want to make sure you understood what I mean. It DOES create the labels based on the categories, BUT, it doesn't assign them to it, meaning when you click on a label there is nothing in it, none of them. They all appear in a single list and not within their respective labels (categories) so that's my issue. This has been like this since day one.

I have even deleted everything on Google's side, including the labels and got a clean start thinking maybe something changed or got borked, but no, it creates it the same way each and every time, labels, with no assignments and all in one giant long roll only. This can't be something only I am experiencing.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 13, 2017 22:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Der Geister hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Thank you for that but I want to make sure you understood what I mean. It DOES create the labels based on the categories, BUT, it doesn't assign them to it, meaning when you click on a label there is nothing in it, none of them. They all appear in a single list and not within their respective labels (categories) so that's my issue. This has been like this since day one.

I have even deleted everything on Google's side, including the labels and got a clean start thinking maybe something changed or got borked, but no, it creates it the same way each and every time, labels, with no assignments and all in one giant long roll only. This can't be something only I am experiencing.

Not sure what you mean here. I can use the labels I have to display various groups etc. Are you saying you can't? Or something else?

Der Geister

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 14, 2017 03:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Not sure what you mean here. I can use the labels I have to display various groups etc. Are you saying you can't? Or something else?

Ok, in Google contacts, selecting a label is no different selecting a category in Outlook, simple as that. When you do that, anything with that label should be the only thing that shows, but they are ALL empty, so you select any label, no contacts in them. Get it now? The only way to see your contacts is just to look at them in the raw without any labels selected.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 14, 2017 22:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

... Ok, in Google contacts, selecting a label is no different selecting a category in Outlook, simple as that. When you do that, anything with that label should be the only thing that shows, but they are ALL empty, so you select any label, no contacts in them. Get it now? The only way to see your contacts is just to look at them in the raw without any labels selected.

If I select labels to 'display' then they do on mine. Just FYI, I use an S7 with a custom (stock based) Nougat ROM, use True Phone as my contacts/phone app and use MPE to sync Outlook 2010 to my Google account on the phone (after I have turned off all sync'ing with Google's 'cloud' i.e. the Google account is local to my phone only).

Oh, and the stock contacts app also works correctly in this regard.

Does that help?

Der Geister

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 15, 2017 19:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

... Ok, in Google contacts, selecting a label is no different selecting a category in Outlook, simple as that. When you do that, anything with that label should be the only thing that shows, but they are ALL empty, so you select any label, no contacts in them. Get it now? The only way to see your contacts is just to look at them in the raw without any labels selected.

If I select labels to 'display' then they do on mine. Just FYI, I use an S7 with a custom (stock based) Nougat ROM, use True Phone as my contacts/phone app and use MPE to sync Outlook 2010 to my Google account on the phone (after I have turned off all sync'ing with Google's 'cloud' i.e. the Google account is local to my phone only).

Oh, and the stock contacts app also works correctly in this regard.

Does that help?

No it doesn't unfortunately. I am using stock 7.1.1 on Nexus 6 and no I don't keep my contacts or anything local to the phone, they are indeed synced and this doesn't work correctly, it creates labels but doesn't assign any contact to that label at all, which misses the point of having it really.

If it works with local but not that, then something is missing and something is not working right, can't expect everyone to use local only to get it working. And my contact app is the stock as well, I don't like to install a lot of third party apps to accomplish what can be done natively and often more stable and while some features might be lacking, at least I know they will be updated regularly and the code is written in house to work best with the OS/device Smile
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.