FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Error: Could not open COM16 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jul 15, 2008 18:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Still the same error when you try it with stable connection ?
Zitat:
"Could not open COM13 [or COM14].
System error: 32 [The process could not access the file, as it is in use by another process]"
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jul 15, 2008 22:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It behaves in a way so I cannot quite put my finger on what goes wrong when. I don't think though that it gives the message "The process could not access the file, as it is in use by another process".

I have just noticed that an error occurs in the communication with the phone, and Internet Explorer stops working, and when I try to restart, Windows keeps "Saving settings" for ages, so I have to cut the power to be able to restart. But it works for a while before this happens.

This has also happened in Stable connection mode.

If I find out something more exact I will post it here.

I forgot to mention in the previous post that I have changed my phone from K750i to K610i, as my K750i got stolen Crying or Very sad. I was very happy to be able to restore everything (especially my contacts) from the MyPhoneExplorer database! Very Happy
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 16, 2008 14:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, here is a story.

I wanted to transfer some music to my phone (K610i). Here is what happened, with "Stable connection" selected in the settings (all English texts are translated from Danish by me as I write, so they might not be exactly the same as the official English texts).

1. I connected the phone (K610i) using the USB cable (and chose phone mode on the phone).
2. I started MyPhoneExplorer.
3. I did a Multi-Sync, which succeeded fine.
4. Inside MyPhoneExplorer, I navigated to the Music folder on the Memory Stick on the phone.
5. I tried dragging an mp3 file from my computer to the Music folder on the Memory Stick on the phone in MyPhoneExplorer.
6. I got an error after a few KB: "It was not possible to connect to the phone".
7. At this time the phone display just said "Receiving xxxxx.mp3 3KB/6564KB".
8. I pressed OK to the MyPhoneExplorer dialog box.
9. Many seconds passed (maybe about 10 seconds).
10. I got a new error from MyPhoneExplorer "xxxxx.mp3 could not be uploaded! OBEX error code: 00 - Phone didn't answer".
11. The phone display still says "Receiving xxxxx.mp3 3KB/6564KB".
12. I pressed OK to the MyPhoneExplorer dialog box.
13. Now the MyPhoneExplorer returned to normal view.
14. The phone display still says "Receiving xxxxx.mp3 3KB/6564KB".
15. I pressed Cancel on the phone.
16. Now the phone returned to normal view.
17. I tried to click on another phone folder on the memory stick in MyPhoneExplorer.
18. MyPhoneExplorer froze for about 10 seconds.
19. I got an error: "Obex protocol could not be initialized! OBEX Error:" (Yes, the message ended with the ":").
20. I pressed OK.
21. I got a new error: "SetPath failed: \Memory Stick\Theme\ - OBEX Error:" (Yes, the message ended with the ":" again).
22. I pressed OK.
23. I got a new error: "The file list could not be read".
24. I pressed OK.
25. MyPhoneExplorer returned to the normal file view.
26. I tried to do a Multi-Sync.
27. MyPhoneExplorer became completely inresponsive for 15 seconds (when I tried to move the window the mouse pointer became an hourglass and the window was "damaged"/not updated).
28. After the 15 seconds, MyPhoneExplorer returned to normal view. No dialog box appeared, and no Multi-Sync had appeared.

29. I exited MyPhoneExplorer.
30. The phone said the connection had been terminated.
31. I started MyPhoneExplorer again.
32. I did a Multi-Sync, which succeeded fine.

At this point, it seems to me like MyPhoneExplorer does not close the file handle correctly when it meets an error. First when MyPhoneExplorer is exiting, the file handle seems to be freed.

33. I dragged an empty file test.txt to the root of my phone's Memory Stick in MyPhoneExplorer.
34. I got this error: "test.txt could not be uploaded! - OBEX Errorcode: C3 - Forbidden - operation is understood but refused".
35. I pressed OK.
36. MyPhoneExplorer returned to normal view.
37. I double clicked the file MemStickInfo.txt on the root of the Memory Stick in MyPhoneExplorer.
38. The file displayed fine on my computer.
39. I dragged a JPG file DSC01762.jpg from the computer to the "\Memory Stick\DCIM\100MSDCF" folder on the phone. The JPG file was a camera picture originally taken by the phone, but it was not present anymore on the phone.
40. I got this error: "DSC01762.jpg could not be uploaded! - OBEX Errorcode: C3 - Forbidden - operation is understood but refused".
41. I pressed OK.
42. MyPhoneExplorer returned to normal view.

43. I disconnected the cable.
44. I reconnected the cable (and chose phone mode on the phone).
45. MyPhoneExplorer said in the status bar that my phone was connected. Also, the menu item "Disconnect" was present in the File menu.
46. I selected Extras | Multi-Sync in MyPhoneExplorer.
47. I got the error: "It was not possible to connect to the phone".
48. I pressed OK.
49. MyPhoneExplorer returned to normal view.

50. I exited MyPhoneExplorer.
51. I started MyPhoneExplorer again.
52. I selected Extras | Multi-Sync in MyPhoneExplorer.
53. I got the error: "COM12 could not be opened. Port does not exist."
54. I pressed OK.
55. MyPhoneExplorer returned to normal view.

56. At this point, my Firefox 3.0 browser froze completely. It should be noticed that I run an embedded Internet Explorer inside one of the tabs in Firefox, using a special extension. Normally, Firefox is not affected by the phone problems.
57. I returned to MyPhoneExplorer and saw that in the status bar it said "Checking for a new version...". By now this text has been there for at least a minute.
58. I tried starting Internet Explorer (version 7). It's home page is about:blank. Internet Explorer froze completely before even getting to displaying about:blank.
59. I checked using Opera that my internet connection is fine. Opera has no problems showing web pages.
60. MyPhoneExplorer still says "Checking for a new version..." in the status bar.
61. MyPhoneExplorer was still operable and I could edit contacts and open messages.
62. After about 2 minutes, MyPhoneExplorer no longer says "Checking for a new version...".
63. Firefox is still frozen (it says "FJ Software :: Post a reply - Mozilla Firefox (Not responding)" in the title bar).
64. Internet Explorer is still frozen (it says "Windows Internet Explorer (Not responding)" in the title bar), now after about 3 minutes.
65. Both Firefox and Internet Explorer are still frozen, now after about 5 minutes.

66. I selected Extras | Multi-Sync in MyPhoneExplorer again.
67. I got the error: "COM12 could not be opened. Port does not exist." again.
68. I pressed OK.
69. MyPhoneExplorer returned to normal view.

70. I disconnected the cable.
71. Both Firefox and Internet Explorer are still frozen, now after about 6 minutes.

72. I pressed the red X in the Internet Explorer window.
73. Windows asked me if I wanted to force the program to terminate.
74. I said yes.
75. The Internet Explorer window disappeared.

76. I did exactly the same with the Firefox window. The window disappeared.

77. I checked Task Manager: No iexplore.exe processes are running now.

78. I start a new Internet Explorer.
79. It is inresponsive from the start.
80. After about 10 seconds of xxx in its window, the title says "Windows Internet Explorer (Not Responding)".
81. I started Firefox again.
82. I told be the previous instance of Firefox had crashed.
83. I said "Restore previous session" when it asked me.
84. I was quick to close the Internet Explorer tab before the tab started to load.
85. Firefox works fine now.
86. Internet Explorer is still completely frozen (not responding).

87. I forced Internet Explorer to close as in item 72-75 above.

88. I will try to restart the computer now.

89. Windows froze on "Saving settings".
90. After 12 minutes and 20 seconds on "Saving settings", I chose to cut the power to my laptop by pressing the power key for 4 seconds.
91. I started the computer again.

Well, this is what happened, and it has happened many times before. But only when I have used the cable - not when using bluetooth.

I hope this can help bring a little clarification. Even though the problem seems to be related to some buggy drivers, it also seems like MyPhoneExplorer does have some issues in handling error situations and in remembering to close streams in case of errors?

Best regards,
Jesper
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 16, 2008 17:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Oh my god

What an exact description. First i think you used the wrong port. normally the USB-Cable has 4 Ports:
2 are working
1 brings the issue you had (upload aborts after some KB)
and another 1 is not accessible.

But i don't think that MPE has to do something with your internet-problems. You are right, on stable connection the handle (the port) is kept opened until you close it. No automatic connectioncheck. Please connect your phone to the cable and start MPE, its not neccesary to connect MPE with the phone. then please post the logfile so i can see which port is set to COM12 on yur PC.
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 16, 2008 22:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Here is the beginning and end of the log file.

I connected the phone to the cable and then started MyPhoneExplorer, and I did not connect it to the phone, as you said I didn't need to. The log file must be from the previous use of MyPhoneExplorer 3½ hours ago.

"Logdatei MyPhoneExplorer
Programmversion: 1.6.7
Datum: 2008-07-14

18:58:51.90 Setting Port: 20
18:58:51.90 Setting Baud: 921600
18:58:51.90 Avaiable Ports: COM3=Winachsf0; COM9=\Device\s116mdm0; COM10=\Device\s116mdm1; COM11=\Device\s116obex0; COM12=\Device\s116mgmt0; COM18=\Device\Serial17; COM19=\Device\Serial18; COM20=\Device\Serial19; COM21=\Device\Serial20; COM22=\Device\Serial21; COM23=\Device\Serial22; COM24=\Device\Serial23; COM25=\Device\Serial24; COM26=\Device\Serial25; COM27=\Device\Serial26; COM28=\Device\Serial27;
18:58:53.06 Hauptfenster wird geladen
18:58:53.42 Sidebar fertig geladen
18:58:53.42 Farbschema wurde gelesen
18:58:53.57 UC SMS wird geladen
18:58:53.63 UC Phonebook wird geladen
18:58:53.68 UC Phonebook fertig geladen
18:58:53.68 UC Calls wird geladen
18:58:53.79 UC Organizer wird geladen
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 17, 2008 07:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
18:58:51.90 Avaiable Ports: COM3=Winachsf0; COM9=\Device\s116mdm0; COM10=\Device\s116mdm1; COM11=\Device\s116obex0; COM12=\Device\s116mgmt0; COM18=\Device\Serial17; COM19=\Device\Serial18; COM20=\Device\Serial19; COM21=\Device\Serial20; COM22=\Device\Serial21; COM23=\Device\Serial22; COM24=\Device\Serial23; COM25=\Device\Serial24; COM26=\Device\Serial25; COM27=\Device\Serial26; COM28=\Device\Serial27;

How i thought it. COM12 is not good, use COM9 or COM10. This will fix the problem with the upload but not all problems, but we have to begin at one point.
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 18, 2008 00:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You are absolutely right. Using COM9 solved the upload problem. Very Happy

Thanks!
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 18, 2008 01:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Now, after having did this:
1) tried to restart the computer,
2) the computer froze at "Saving settings",
3) I cut the power,
4) started the computer again,
5) put the computer into standby,
6) awakened it again,
7) inserted the cable and connected it to the phone,
8) started MyPhoneExplorer, and
9) pressed F1,
I have the same old problem (translated from Danish):

"Could not open COM9.
System error: 32 [The process could not access the file, as it is in use by another process]"

Here is what the log file says:

"01:30:55.81 Second swap of settings set
01:30:55.81 Everything is done
01:30:58.37 Avaiable Ports: COM3=Winachsf0; COM9=\Device\s116mdm0; COM10=\Device\s116mdm1; COM11=\Device\s116obex0; COM12=\Device\s116mgmt0; COM18=\Device\Serial17; COM19=\Device\Serial18; COM20=\Device\Serial19; COM21=\Device\Serial20; COM22=\Device\Serial21; COM23=\Device\Serial22; COM24=\Device\Serial23; COM25=\Device\Serial24; COM26=\Device\Serial25; COM27=\Device\Serial26; COM28=\Device\Serial27;
01:30:58.37 Port 10 wird geöffnet...
01:30:58.37 ErrMsg: COM10 kunne ikke åbnes
Systemerror: 32 [Processen kan ikke få adgang til filen, da den bruges af en anden proces.]
01:30:59.51 Systemerror: 32 [Processen kan ikke få adgang til filen, da den bruges af en anden proces.]"
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 18, 2008 13:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hmm, this is really a hard problem. Ever thought about a trojan or virus on your system ? They do often open Modems for the connection to internet.
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 21, 2008 12:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes, I have just run a Kaspersky Online virus scan of my whole computer without finding anything.

Now I have ordered a new bluetooth stick, and it is at the post office waiting for me to get it. I hope and expect returning to bluetooth will solve the problem.
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 30, 2008 21:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just to follow up: I now use bluetooth again and the problem is gone. Well, the problem using the cable is probably not gone, but I simply don't use the cable anymore.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.