FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Can’t sync Sent Folder on SE M600i Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Maryam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2008 12:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have a Sony Ericsson M600i phone and I am trying to copy my text messages to my computer. I was able to do so with messages in my Inbox, but somehow none of my sent messages are displayed on the computer, not event one!!! I want to keep them (more than 4000 messages in the sent folder, and almost the same number in Inbox). Only messages in my Inbox and Draft folders appear when I connect my phone. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue and sync my sent folder as well??
Maryam

P.S. Even though I have problem copying my sent folder, I must admit that this is a great software! Thank you!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2008 13:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its a known bug of Symbian-Phones. If they have too much messages in the phone then the read-out stops. There is nothing i can do in MyPhoneExplorer to prevent this. Try to read out the messages driectly afetr you restarted the phone. If this not helps then you have to delete some messages in the phone.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Khosrow

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2008 13:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Dear Maryam,
Your sent sms are saved in original sent folder or you may created another folder for your sent items?
Maryam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2008 13:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your prompt reply FJ. You are right! When there are too many messages in a folder, nothing is copied, and that is perhaps the reason I have problem copying my sent messages. I did have the same problem with my inbox, but I created a new folder in my phone, transferred all messages there, moved 100 at a time to my inbox, and synced them with my computer; and it worked! (See how much it means to me to keep these messages??! They are very very important to me) But since there is no way I can move my sent messages to a new folder in my phone, it doesn’t work for that!

Anyhow, what did you mean by “directly reading out the messages after I restart the phone?”

I appreciate your time and assistance,
Maryam
Maryam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2008 13:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Dear Khosrow,

Thank you for your reply. They are in the original folder. I know that the software only copies messages that are stored in original folders (Inbox, Draft, Sent). The problem is, my Sony Ericsson M600i phone does not allow me to move my sent messages to a new folder (or maybe I couldn’t figure out how it is done). I could create multiple folders to organize incoming messages, but none for the messages I send out. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Maryam

Khosrow hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Dear Maryam,
Your sent sms are saved in original sent folder or you may created another folder for your sent items?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2008 13:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
Anyhow, what did you mean by “directly reading out the messages after I restart the phone?”

The bug is anywhere inside the commandline-interface of Symbian-Phones. And since i know that often many tasks run in background of Symbian-Phones it could help to read out the messages directly after you restarted the phone.

Anyway i had just an idea: MPE commands the phone to list ALL messages. maybe it works better if MPE commands the phone to list the folders seperatly (inbox, drafts and sent items). I just updated the beta, please download and install the beta, try it again and tell me if this worked.
Maryam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2008 15:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[quote="FJ"]
Zitat:
I just updated the beta, lease download and install the beta, try it again and tell me if this worked.

What should I do after I clicked on the link you provided to the beta version?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2008 15:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

- close MyPhoneExplorer
- download the file
- start the update
- start myphoneexplorer and try to read out the messages
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.