FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 HowTo: Use MyPhoneExplorer under GNU/Linux (English Version) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 20, 2011 15:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Did you read my former post?
As I see it the problem is the MPE client not being fixed to a static BT port.

USB I couldn't test since my rom works a bit different: couldnt activate it as a modem.

Up till now I can only work with wlan easly. BT would be always a hassle to manually set correct BT port.
Fitzcarraldo
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 20, 2011 23:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sabayon Linux (based on Gentoo Linux)

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux meshedgedx 2.6.37-sabayon #1 SMP Thu Feb 17 12:32:03 GMT 2011 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

WINE 1.3.24

MyPhoneExplorer (Version 1.8.1)

HTC Desire, Android 2.2 fully updated.

I installed MyPhoneExplorer with its own WINEPREFIX but, despite following the instructions in these forums, I am unable to get MyPhoneExplorer to connect to the phone via a USB cable in Linux, although connecting via Bluetooth did not give me too much trouble.

But, and this is a big "but", MyPhoneExplorer cannot access the phone book in the phone or the phone book in the SIM.

Frustratingly, everything else in the phone is accessible by MyPhoneExplorer under Linux. I can view:

a) stored SMS messages;
b) the list of calls made, received and missed;
c) battery temperature, battery voltage and charge, CPU load and signal quality;
d) the IMEI, IMSI;
and so on.

But the one thing I want to do -- edit my phone book -- still eludes me.

MyPhoneExplorer displays an error message when I try to use it to synchronise the phone book and the organiser:

Code:
Error...
Obex protocol could not be initialized!
OBEX Errorcode: 00 - Phone didn't answer

By the way, I also installed MyPhoneExplorer in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and tried connecting with a USB cable, which was possible after I had installed the ADB drivers by installing HTC's HTCSync software for Windows. I also tried using MyPhoneExplorer with Bluetooth in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, but could not connect to the phone (although I can connect to the phone via Bluetooth itself in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit). I followed the 'how to' and FAQ post in the MyPhoneExplorer forums for Bluetooth in Windows, but had no joy.

Any ideas why everything works in Linux when connecting with Bluetooth except for access to the HTC Desire's phone book?
Fitzcarraldo
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 23, 2011 01:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Further to my post on 20.07.11 regarding the inability of MyPhoneExplorer in Linux to synchronise with the HTC Desire phone book via Bluetooth, I am now at home -- when I made my first post I was in a hotel -- and MyPhoneExplorer in Linux can now connect with my HTC Desire via WiFi on my home network, and is now able to synchronise with the phone book.

MyPhoneExplorer would not connect via WiFi to my HTC Desire in the hotel in which I was staying when I posted on 20.07.11, presumably because of the hotel's wireless router, hence my desire (pardon the pun) to connect MyPhoneExplorer to my HTC Desire via Bluetooth or USB.

Anyway, at least when I am at home I can use MyPhoneExplorer in Linux to edit the phone book in my HTC Desire.

However, I am still keen to get MyPhoneExplorer in Linux to synchronise the phone book via Bluetooth (or USB). I want this because I travel frequently and would like to be able to use MyPhoneExplorer in Linux to update my phone's phone book while I'm staying in hotels.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 23, 2011 12:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Cause USB: I don't think you'll find the needed ADB-Drivers also for Linux
Cause Bluetooth:
- run the client on phone
- pair the phone with your PC
- do the Bluetooth-Stuff explained in the first post of this thread
- activate "Stable connection"
- swap to "Android based phone" and set the Bluetooth COM-Port

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Fitzcarraldo
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 23, 2011 18:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for replying, FJ.

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Cause USB: I don't think you'll find the needed ADB-Drivers also for Linux

Oh! I thought ADB drivers are only needed for Windows, not for Linux:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/oem-usb.html

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html

If MyPhoneExplorer does require ADB drivers to be installed in order to communicate with the phone via USB, I could install the Android SDK in Linux, as that would install the ADB drivers for Linux:

Code:
fitzcarraldo@meshedgedx ~/HTC_Desire $ eix android-sdk
* dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager
     Available versions:  (~)10!m (~)10-r1!m
     Homepage:            http://developer.android.com
     Description:         Open Handset Alliance's Android SDK

fitzcarraldo@meshedgedx ~/HTC_Desire $

I wonder if that would enable MyPhoneExplorer to connect to the HTC Desire via USB? But I don't think I'll bother trying that, as your second tip enabled me to get MyPhoneExplorer to sync with the phone's phone book via Bluetooth:

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Cause Bluetooth:
- run the client on phone
- pair the phone with your PC
- do the Bluetooth-Stuff explained in the first post of this thread
- activate "Stable connection"
- swap to "Android based phone" and set the Bluetooth COM-Port

That allows me to sync the phone book. Great! May I suggest that you add a tick box for 'Stable connection' to the Android connection page in MyPhoneExplorer so that it is not necessary to do it on the Sony Ericsson page? That would make it more obvious for Android users.

Thanks very much indeed for a useful application and for helping me to get it working in Linux.
Fitzcarraldo
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 23, 2011 19:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

By the way, whenever I want to connect MyPhoneExplorer in Linux to my HTC Desire phone, I use a Bash script to guide me through the steps needed to prepare for connection. Here it is in case it is of help to anyone (I have changed my MAC address, for reasons of privacy):

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo -n "Please switch on Bluetooth via System Tray icon, make Bluetooth discoverable then press ENTER: "
read RESPONSE
echo -n "Please enable Bluetooth on the phone, make it discoverable then press ENTER: "
read RESPONSE
export WINEPREFIX="/home/bill/.wine-myphoneexplorer"
export WINEARCH="win32"
echo "Checking current rfcomm status..."
sudo rfcomm -a
echo "Trying to release rfcomm1 in case it is in use (no message means rfcomm1 is released and is now OK to use,"
echo "and the message <<Cannot release device: No such device>> also means rfcomm1 is OK to use)..."
sudo rfcomm release /dev/rfcomm1
echo -n "Now please launch MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone, wait a few seconds then press ENTER: "
read RESPONSE
echo "Find channel of MyPhoneExplorer Client:"
sudo sdptool browse
echo -n "Enter the channel number: "
read RESPONSE
sudo rfcomm bind 1 11:22:33:AA:BB:C1 $RESPONSE
echo "Checking current rfcomm status..."
echo rfcomm -a
echo "If all is OK then please launch MyPhoneExplorer from Kickoff > Applications > Wine > Programs > MyPhoneExplorer"
echo "and press F1 to connect to the phone."

When I run the script the output typically looks like the following:

Code:
fitzcarraldo@meshedgedx ~/HTC_Desire $ sh setup_myphoneexplorer.sh
Please switch on Bluetooth via System Tray icon, make Bluetooth discoverable then press ENTER:
Please enable Bluetooth on the phone, make it discoverable then press ENTER:
Checking current rfcomm status...
Password:
rfcomm1: 11:22:33:AA:BB:C1 channel 6 closed
Trying to release rfcomm1 in case it is in use (no message means rfcomm1 is released and is now OK to use,
and the message <<Cannot release device: No such device>> also means rfcomm1 is OK to use)...
Now please launch MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone, wait a few seconds then press ENTER:
Find channel of MyPhoneExplorer Client:
Inquiring ...
Browsing 11:22:33:AA:BB:C1 ...
Service RecHandle: 0x10000
Service Class ID List:
  "PnP Information" (0x1200)

Service Name: Headset Gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x10001
Service Class ID List:
  "Headset Audio Gateway" (0x1112)
  "Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 1
Profile Descriptor List:
  "Headset" (0x1108)
    Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Handsfree Gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x10002
Service Class ID List:
  "Handsfree Audio Gateway" (0x111f)
  "Generic Audio" (0x1203)
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 2
Profile Descriptor List:
  "Handsfree" (0x111e)
    Version: 0x0105

Service Name: Object Push
Service RecHandle: 0x10003
Service Class ID List:
  "OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 3
  "OBEX" (0x0008)
Profile Descriptor List:
  "OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)

Service RecHandle: 0x10004
Service Class ID List:
  "AV Remote Target" (0x110c)
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
    PSM: 23
  "AVCTP" (0x0017)
    uint16: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
  "AV Remote" (0x110e)

Service Name: BRCM Advanced Audio
Service RecHandle: 0x10005
Service Class ID List:
  "Audio Source" (0x110a)
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
    PSM: 25
  "AVDTP" (0x0019)
    uint16: 0x102
Profile Descriptor List:
  "Advanced Audio" (0x110d)
    Version: 0x0102

Service Name: OBEX File Transfer
Service RecHandle: 0x10006
Service Class ID List:
  "OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 4
  "OBEX" (0x0008)
Profile Descriptor List:
  "OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)

Service Name: Phonebook Access PSE
Service RecHandle: 0x10007
Service Class ID List:
  "Phonebook Access - PSE" (0x112f)
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 5
  "OBEX" (0x0008)
Profile Descriptor List:
  "Phonebook Access" (0x1130)

Service Name: MyPhoneExplorer
Service RecHandle: 0x10008
Service Class ID List:
  UUID 128: 00001101-0000-5000-3000-00205f7a36fb
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 18

Enter the channel number: 18
Checking current rfcomm status...
rfcomm -a
If all is OK then please launch MyPhoneExplorer from Kickoff > Applications > Wine > Programs > MyPhoneExplorer
and press F1 to connect to the phone.
fitzcarraldo@meshedgedx ~/HTC_Desire $
Fitzcarraldo
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 25, 2011 06:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have now created a blog post covering in detail my experience with the installation and use of MPE in Linux:

Editing from a Linux PC the phone book (contacts list) in an Android phone

I hope it is helpful.
Nico
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 27, 2011 17:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I strictly followed the instructions as given on the first page. MyPhoneExplorer now works in wine, but it cannot connect to my HTC Desire via WiFi. When I try F1, I get an error message “Connection could not be established. The IP address of the mobile phone could not be identified” (Roughly translated from German).

I am quite new to Linux, and would be happy to hear any suggestions
Fitzcarraldo
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 29, 2011 10:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Nico: As I mentioned in my blog post (my previous post refers), you need to configure your firewall (or disable it) to allow network traffic between your PC and the phone. I see from your latest comment in my blog post that you did this and are now able to connect.
AAvR
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 29, 2011 13:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This also works much the same with CrossOver, the commercial variant of wine, with a few differences:

(using ubuntu 10.04)
Installing MPE
1. Create a new bottle: Applications -> CrossOver -> Manage Bottles, then click the Add button and give it a new, eg MPE
2. Select your new bottle, click the tab 'Applications' and 'Install Software', then select from the category 'Runtime Support Components' select and install into the bottle Microsoft xml Parser 3 and Visual Basic 6 (this is much the same as with wine but menu-driven via the 'manage bottles' window)
3. As per 2. but select Unsupported Applications category and Other Application, then in 'Select an installer' choose the MPE setup file; this will install MPE itself.
4. Because the paths are different in CrossOver, you need to create a different symlink: open a terminal and type cd ~/.cxoffice/<name of your MPE bottle>/dosdevices , then create the symlink to the rfcomm device: sudo ln -is /dev/rfcomm1 ./com2

Everything else is the same, ie using a terminal to determine the channel and binding the rfcomm device.

PS: in my case I had to disable the sync of SMS messages, otherwise MPE would crash.
Béèm

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 21, 2011 23:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I finally succeeded in getting bluetooth working in my linux (puppy Linux exprimo)
I installed 1.8.1
Then I followed the instructions in the first post specially the binding to com1 port.
I can connect to the phone (K700i) now.
My problem now is, that the icons on top of the right data pane aren't operable. So not able to synchronize.
However through the menu I can synchronize all sections of the phone (tel n°, calls, sms) albeit with errors.

I use Wine 1.3.21

How can I get the icons working?

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 14, 2011 10:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Cable baskets can offer your business a variety of different benefits. If you want to lift up your data cable products and protect them from damage, invest in the right wiring trays and learn how to install them right.cable tray
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dominator

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 19, 2011 20:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MyPhoneExplorer, installation with Wine - Linux Debian / Ubuntu]

translation link:http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://www.hotfix.pl/myphoneexplorer-instalacja-za-pomoca-wine-linux-debian-ubuntu-a271.htm&usg=ALkJrhhhb_KUFWA1TOJkGL11Rltax6RCRw

oryginal link:http://www.hotfix.pl/myphoneexplorer-instalacja-za-pomoca-wine-linux-debian-ubuntu-a271.htm
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 04, 2012 13:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am about to give on MyPhoneExplorer on Linux. I have spent a great deal of time on it, but whenever I think it is working, a few runs later it fails again.

Has anyone got MPE working reliably under wine?

My set-up is as follows:

ubuntu 12.04, 64 bit, unity, wine 1.5.5, MPE 1.8.2

I have replaced ole32aut.dll as specified (from a windows 7 system) and registered it. I have installed vb6run, msxml3 via winetricks. I have registered the MyPhoneExplorer dlls, all succesfully (I did have a problem with 'gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so' but managed to resolve that).

I installed the google adb tools and have adb working with USB.

In the wine configuration for MPE I have oleaut32 specified as native.

This sometimes works, particularly on first installation. I have sometimes had problems configuring MPE to use thunderbird - the set-up menus failed, so in wine I also added libraries msxml3 as native, and gdiplus as native.

I then sometimes have problems after the first successful download of data from my android ZTE phone, where for all subsequent synchonisations it says it cannot create pb_metadata.xml , even though the synchronisation still seems to work, and that file exists, and everyone has full access rights to it.

And then sometimes when I exit MPE it kills the title bars from all windows. This seems to happen more often if in wine I am emulating XP rather than Windows 7, but this doesn't seem to be consistent.

And finally, once I have used it a few times it just stops working. I get the splash screen, the main window comes up, and then it crashes with a 'wine program crash' - 'Internal errors - invalid parameters received'.

Sometimes if I tinker with the library settings (eg using 'builtin, native' on ole32aut) it works again, sometimes not.

I can find no single consistent behaviour, which makes it impossible to debug.

Help!
mjacek

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 17, 2012 14:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

As in the title, I'd like to share a success story and ask for hints about some flaws I encountered on my way. The questions about the flaws I'll formulate in next post, after documenting my experiments.

Success (with LG Android/ICS phone)

* Runs with wifi (fixed address) and with cable (via adb)

* All functions except writing/sending SMS do work

Install story:
I am not sure all the steps were really necessary, but it just worked.

1. I run the famous http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/forumspace/files/myphoneinstaller.tar.gz script. The script partially failed (it wants to install "wine-able version of MPE" http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_wine.zip which seems to not exist any more), but what it did was enough. Then I checked that in Winecfg that library "riched20" is set for (native) - now I don't remember if the script set it or I did it manually. Another nonstd setting I have is "gdiplus"=(native) - it was from some other app.

2. Under Wine I ran MPE 1.8.4 installer.

3. I connected the cable, with phone in "debug connection enabled" mode

4. I started Linux adb-server (download the ADB kit, run adb wait-for-device, a small ladybug symbol apperared on the phone); Wine ADB fo course does not run (If Linux ADB is off, then MPE tries to start windows ADB, which starts but it cannot connect to phone - this is why Linux ADB must be started first)

5. Started MPE client on phone

6. Started MPE on PC, setup cable connection -> it connected and ran.

For the wifi, adb is not necessary; only "fixed IP address" works.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.