FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Post wishes, Feature requests here Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
jagr

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 01, 2014 07:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

would be nice to be able to sync sms to a folder on outlook. if not maybe can allow export all messages to a pst file so that we can manually backup to a pst file.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
brodders

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 03, 2014 15:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm looking into battery longevity issues and would love to be able to get 'Monitor' stats in a spreadsheet.

Perhaps an option to write these out on each refresh to a .csv file?

Looking for:

[time | sample number]
battery V
battery %
battery temp
CPU load

...think that's it??

Smile thanks! Great bit of software!
brodders

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 03, 2014 15:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Another feature (so 2nd post):

Many authorities say Battery life can be extended by NOT charging up to 100% - rather, you want to use say a 60 - 70% range, say just from 37% to 97%.

Apparently, doubling the battery life is possible.... (this from the excellent Battery University website).

So: Could MPE sound an adjustable alarm when battery volts rise to a % level?

That way I'd know the phone was at 97% and to unplug it from the charger.

Smile thanks agn!
user_deleted
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 04, 2014 12:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Currently it is possible to tick options allowing the Android app to autostart when connected to certain wifi networks, or when BT is used.

Please can this option be extended to allow autostart when the device is used as a hotspot.

Thanks as always for a great synching solution.
MPE_Epic4G

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 08, 2014 18:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just installed MyPhoneExplorer on my Epic 4G...it's wonderful, and does a lot more than I thought it would! One feature request: an ability to enable/disable specific notifications. I have looked through both the Android and Windows sides, but don't see any options to that effect. (If it's already there, let me know!) Basically, I would like an option to disable PC notifications of outgoing phone calls. (This is not incoming phone calls--I installed MyPhoneExplorer for that!)

P.S. Love the fact that the Android app is only 800KB! Am running CyanogenMod 11 M12 on my Epic 4G, which doesn't have much memory--but it works.
NM

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 09, 2014 14:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Greetings to all .

For contacts.

1)
Add a button with the function of the feedback from the "Download entire" - " Upload/copy everything in the <target> " .
"Target" to choose from the list : user 2 , user 3 , phone ( connected user ), sim1, sim2

As an extension of this function , add the function "copy selected rows"

2)
Synchronization of contacts, it is desirable to do in two steps separately.
The first step is a comparison of the contacts on your PC and phone.
The second step - start synchronization

How to synchronize files in programs,
After the first step,
1. Add the ability to view the contacts to be synchronized,
2. View the actions with contacts (delete, add, change)
3. View the direction of action (from PC to phone, phone-to-kompryuter).
4. Add the ability to change the synchronization actions (delete, add, change) and the direction of synchronization (cancellation, modification direction)
Shohreh

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 25, 2014 00:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello

I'm using 1.8.6, and have a couple of suggestions, one for the Android app, the other for the Windows app:

1. Notes and Tasks apps on Android: When searching, wait until Enter. Currently, the app starts searching while the user is typing, which slows everything down. Wait until the user hits Enter.

2. Windows app: In Other > Monitor section, let user copy all infos so the user can paste them elsewhere. Currently, the user can only copy the model name and the firmware name.

Cheers,
vodoomoth

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 10, 2015 13:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

unicoded hat Folgendes geschrieben:

a closer look pointed at the problem:

MPE WINDOWS CLIENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT TIME ZONE!!!

this has nasty consequences:
- call log
call entries downloaded to MPE when in timezone2 get duplicated (that is, downloaded again with different timestamp) when changing back to timezone1

**(when in timezone1 or timezone2, i mean that both computer and phone are set up to use the same timezone1 or timezone2)

- sms log
total mess. some sms has timestamp according to timezone1 while others according to timezone2. I noticed that sent messages had the same timestamp in both corrupted and recovered profiles, while incoming sms had different timestamps (time offset equal to the timezone difference). weird. i hate it

I can confirm the duplication of call log entries. I was until yesterday in Portugal (UTC+00:00) and I'm now back in France (UTC+01:00). Each call got into MPE with a timezone but the direction (incoming/outgoing) and the duration remain unchanged. All types of calls (Dialed, Answered, Missed, All) are affected.

I have had similar duplication issues each time I've traveled to other timezones. I don't know whether it's an MPE problem or and Android problem or other.

However, I do not confirm the SMS issue. Maybe it has been solved since then.

[EDIT 2015-01-11]I've noticed just now that MPE does not update its timezone offset before performing a sync; it still considers being in the timezone that was active at system startup, which means that even an ulterior system timezone change isn't "captured". It might be one hypothesis as to the source of this duplication problem. [/EDIT]

[EDIT 2015-01-26]The timezone problem also affects photos as MPE wants to sync them once again although all files are already saved on the PC.[/EDIT]

Zuletzt bearbeitet von vodoomoth am Mo Jan 26, 2015 15:51, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
fjsfan

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 14, 2015 00:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My Galaxy Note (i don't know if it's an Android or Samsung "feature") has the nasty habit of adding what i call "arbitrary spaces" in phone numbers (arbitrary because the phone number is formatted in a way which is not compatible with my country's standards). In the "Format contacts" window, it would be nice to have an option to "remove spaces from phone numbers". It would be even better to be able to choose phone number formats according to phone type but i guess that is too much to ask. Stripping spaces is much simpler.
vodoomoth

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 15, 2015 10:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@fjsfan: on my Galaxy S4, I noticed that the phone number is formatted according to the country code. On my phone, +1 (US/Canada) numbers are displayed in a 3-3-4 format while +33 (France) numbers are displayed as 2-2-2-2-2 numbers. Maybe it's the same with you? But that formatting does not literally add spaces into the phone numbers since I don't see any spaces in the MPE client on Windows.
GreggC

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 02, 2015 16:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I continue to love this app/program which I have been using for a number of years and through several different Android phones. I'm a (reluctant) Windows user and because of past issues syncing other calendar software with Outlook, I use the MyPhoneExplorer program and do not sync with any (other) calendar/PIM program. Would it be possible, without huge effort, to add calendar print capabilities through Windows? If it's already there and I've overlooked it, or if there is a "work around" to accomplish this, please accept my apology and let me know where I can find it.
mini2014

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 09, 2015 11:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It will be great if phone explorer manages to take backup of apps+apps data.
Both for root and unroot androids (Lolipop).

I tried other available for unroot version and they fails (Motorola G 1st and 2nd gen) :roll: :shock:

:D
thanksssss.
abacus

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 25, 2015 15:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

First of all, thanks for the software.

Notes archive...
It would be great to have two folders under Notes: Current notes and Archived notes, with an option to automatically move notes to "archived notes" when they have been removed from phone

Syncing with Outlook 2010 is not so good. Creation and modification timestamps are not synchronized, and Outlook, same as anything done by M$, is shitty and hard to work with. I would rather only use notes on my laptop via MyPhoneExplorer.
abacus

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 25, 2015 16:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

mini2014 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
It will be great if phone explorer manages to take backup of apps+apps data.
Both for root and unroot androids (Lolipop).

I tried other available for unroot version and they fails (Motorola G 1st and 2nd gen) Rolling Eyes Shocked

Very Happy
thanksssss.

i might be wrong but afaik root is necessary for a 3rd party app to access data of other apps (usually located at /data/data/)

if what you want is to save a backup of your apps data to an external drive so that you have a copy of your data in case you lose or break your phone, a solution is to use a reliable android back up app, and then save the backup files to your laptop.
It is easy to automate this process and you can use MyPhoneExplorer for this aim
The problem is that having to root a phone is not desirable. Root brings a lot of security issues. Moreover, so far there is no good back up app for android. Root+NotOpenSource=NotGood
One of the best things of MyPhoneExplorer is that it does so many things without needing root

BTW, forget about the notes archive I suggested before... I have just read above about the lack of support of Timezone Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
gautxori

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 03, 2015 14:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I own an android 4.2.2 device.
There's an issue with local calendars created with MPE that needs a fix: local calendars are created with an account and owner name localized from the string "Local calendar". So, in a device with Spanish locale, i get Account:"Calendario local" and Owner:"Calendario local".

This has given me headaches for a while, until i found net.zoks.calman apk and discovered why i could not delete or rename calendars in other apps.

I guess that for everything to work fine, local calendar accounts should be created with non-localized versions of these names:
Account:"Local Calendar"
Owner:"phone"

So please, would you be so kind to fix that? (FYI, there another apks that also creates "buggy" Local calendar accounts are org.sufficientlysecure.localcalendar, and net.zoks.calman itself)

-----------
There's some bug with the handling of Categories for tasks and notes, for i do not get any color for Android categories when i first sync all my tasks and notes from the PC.
-----------
Another feature that would be welcome is browsing the device's file system as a root user.
-----------
A couple of features to add to MPE Notes & Tasks: export them to an ICS file. Moreover, Android MPE client could keep track of changes to that ICS file and sync the changes to Desktop MPE.

Also, the ability to edit Categories in tasks and notes would be welcome.
Finally, please add coloured notes in Android, using the 'color' property in Outlook.
-----------
A feature for MPE Android client: being able to start sync process from the client, that is from the Android device (add a 'Sync' command to MPE client, 4ex).
In fact, it'd be a good idea to mirror on any device all of the commands that transfer data from device to device.
Definitely, MPE Desktop menus need to be reviewed: i'm not the one to say that M$ conventions are a must, but the "About" dialog should pop from a command in the "Help" menu, as in any other M$-aware app. And talking on help... I think it's a must to include some help in MPE: when it's welcome, I offer myself to pick some FAQs from this forum into an HTML to be converted into a chm, or at least a .txt file to include in MPE. Drop me a message if interested.
-----------

A question: which fields / attributes does MPE update to an Outlook appointment when i make it a Birthday event?

The 'Category' field in Outlook, 4ex, does not exist in Android: how do you deal with that when creating appointments? MPE does not show that field in the Organizer view, so i cannot create/edit the Category for an appointment; however, i can do that for tasks and notes!
FYI, there are some apks that do handle that field/attribute in a more than embarrassing way: see Informant, and be careful with what you do.

It'd be nice to have a quickcard reference, maybe in a help menu, of the different fields that MPE reads and writes in Outlook & Android databases.

------------
Shall we see MPE 'open-sourced'? Pliiiiissssss.
------------
Should you need any help on SW support, beta testing, etc i'm your servant

Zuletzt bearbeitet von gautxori am Di Apr 21, 2015 17:30, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.