FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Desktop Client Wiped: Who Wins in Sync? Desktop or Phone? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Matoca

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 20, 2015 00:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have been using both the desktop and the phone app for about 3 months successfully. I am always able to sync the desktop with the phone. I love this software and app! And yes I have donated!

Unfortunately, sometime overnight my desktop, without my knowledge, hiccuped back to a date just after I first installed MyPhoneExplorer. When I opened the desktop client this morning, most things were empty such as the calendar, the contacts, pictures. There are a few messages left that were made very early on, right after I installed the client, so that indicates that MyPhoneExplorer is NOT the problem.

My question is how should I recover the data from the phone (that is fine)? In general, when syncing, does the desktop overwrite the phone, does the phone overwrite the desktop or do they compare data and somehow ensure the latest data is synced?

I am not willing to sync until I know, worried that either the latest data will be the desktop or that the desktop overwrites phone.
Thank you, Matoca
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 20, 2015 07:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Before you start syncing you should reload data from the phone by using the blue arrow.
See what happens.

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 20, 2015 19:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the quick reply.

When the computer rolled back I lost the wifi connection with the phone. I am afraid to re-establish the link if there is any chance that during that process it will wipe my phone data. Right now it no longer sees me as a user with the calendar. I didn't realize there was a backup on the desktop client so there isn't a backup done.

I am wondering what the default behavior is for sync? I am looking at the settings for sync but only see a warning to make a backup in case the sync fails. It must be set to sync with some preference.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 20, 2015 22:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You set the default setting yourself.

Is the data still on the phone? If so, reload from phone.
That´s NOT doing a sync.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 21, 2015 09:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I understand now what you were trying to describe to me. It wasn't clear at first what this blue arrow icon was for.

I downloaded the contacts and calendar easily! Not sure all of the call log or the messages downloaded, but they aren't important to me. Now I have to explore how the backup works.

Thank you for you help!
Matoca
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.