FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Contacts entered on phone not synced to desktop Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Alex Ethridge

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 22, 2015 08:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Using MPE 1.8.6 on desktop and on Samsung Galaxy S5.

The contacts I enter on the desktop are synced to phone; but, the contacts I enter on the phone never make it to the desktop.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Alex Ethridge

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 28, 2015 19:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

For me, this is a serious issue. I have over 2300 Contact records -- with Info Notes -- on the desktop and now I have discovered that over a hundred I entered directly to the phone with Info Notes never made it to the desktop.

Figuring out which ones and manually re-entering them on the desktop is going to be a very time-consuming job -- plus I cannot use MPE in the future to enter Contact records directly to the phone unless this problem is solved.

I really need a solution for this problem.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 28, 2015 23:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

When you enter a new contact on the phone is it added to the same contacts account that is sync'd with MPE? Your contacts app should have a default setting for which account to add to, or ask you each time. In MPE go into the settings and look at 'Contact-accounts to sync' and 'Add new contacts to'.

Alex Ethridge

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 30, 2015 18:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On the phone, I go to MyPhoneExplorer Client> Settings> Add new contacts. From there, my only two options are radio buttons for "Phone" or "Google". I have it set for "Phone"; I have never used Google.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 30, 2015 19:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Alex Ethridge hat Folgendes geschrieben:
On the phone, I go to MyPhoneExplorer Client> Settings> Add new contacts. From there, my only two options are radio buttons for "Phone" or "Google". I have it set for "Phone"; I have never used Google.

Well using Google isn't a real problem. I do so BUT turn sync off for it before I download my contacts. Moving back to the problem, when you add a new contact to the phone do you ensure you add it to the 'phone' account? In your contacts app you should be able to display any account OR all accounts.

Jekov

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 01, 2015 11:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but syncing contacts is a total mess in my phone.
When I start syncing MPE begins to make duplicates of the whole contact list from the desktop to the phone. I have over 1000 contacts and when I start sync it begins to create them as new contacts. Now I have the same contacts in my phone book twice and some of them even 4 times?!?!? It never succeeded to finish syncing (maybe for good), because the connection breaks after 10-15 minutes.
I checked all the settings - I allowed syncing only for my phone (did not allow any other account or app) - no success - it continues in the same way.
I also save all my new contacts in the same location - in phone (not in the SIM card or in any other account)
Another big problem is Viber. It doesn't allow me to make changes in other contact accounts, nor to delete entries?!? So I have to go to Viber contacts in order to delete any duplicate. Viber is not listed in MPE although I have an account. So it cannot be managed through desktop and I have to do all this manually?!??
I think I will give up using MPE. It creates total mess instead of helping me out. Or maybe in combination with Viber...
If someone knows what I'm doing wrong please help!
Alex Ethridge

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 13, 2015 01:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have a new computer. I set it up the same as the old one except this is Windows 8, 64-bit and the old one was Windows 7, 32-bit.

When it was first set up and for the first couple of weeks, sync worked fine in both directions. Now it has ceased to sync contacts entered on phone to contacts on desktop.

I desperately need a solution to this problem.
user_deleted
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 08, 2015 20:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have similar problem: now MPE shows origin account of contact, but "office" contacts are no longer shown in the phone's contact list, and cannot be added to phone favorites.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.