FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Help with syncing Android calendar Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
krappenessen

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 10, 2015 13:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am using MyPhoneExplorer with an old Android (4.1) handset without any difficulty for updating my phonebook and calendar based on my PC's Outlook.

I've now acquired a new HTC handset (Android 4.4) and synchronising is proving far more difficult. In particular it does not sync Outlook with the HTC-provided Calendar App at all. I thought maybe it was the Calendar App causing the problem so I have tried installing Google Calendar but this similarly failed to sync at all. I cannot find any MyPhoneExplorer instructions to help solve the problem and I do not know if it is my Calendar App causing the problem or if there are some parameters which I am not setting.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 10, 2015 14:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On the phone check MPE Settings > Calendars to sync.

krappenessen

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 10, 2015 22:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
On the phone check MPE Settings > Calendars to sync.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I've seen that dialogue. It gives me a tick list with the following 6 items:
HTC Sync Manager
<my email address>
Google tasks
People
Birthdays
Holidays in the United kingdom.

I have no idea which ones to tick and what the effect will be as I cannot see which one actually refers to my Android calendar.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 10, 2015 23:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The on eto 'tick' is the on eyou wish to display in your calendar app (which should have an option to display one or more calendars). I sync to my Google calendar (my gmail address) but turn Google sync off before the first sync with Outlook.

You can use the 'Manage local calendar' to create a new calendar to sync to, then choose this in 'Calendar to sync'.

HTH

krappenessen

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 12, 2015 10:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The on eto 'tick' is the on eyou wish to display in your calendar app (which should have an option to display one or more calendars). I sync to my Google calendar (my gmail address) but turn Google sync off before the first sync with Outlook.

I have tried ticking al the boxes but no luck so far.

I have noticed something else which may be related to the Calendar problem. I have 2 Android devices, call them Device A and Device B. I set MPE up on my PC originally only for Device A and the sycing is working perfectly. Later I added Device B to link to MPE and I notice something else. MPE now seems to keep 2 separate phonebooks locally on my PC for the devices. This means that if I do a contact update on the PC for Device A it only applies the change to that device. How do I set up MPE so as to have only a single phonebook on my PC which will update both devices (A and B) when connected? Currently I have to keep making the contact change twice on my PC (once for each device).

I am wondering if the behaviour I'm finding (when my PC phonebook only updates one device) is similarly stopping the second device (Device B) Calendar being updated?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 12, 2015 13:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you have 2 devices then you will have 2 users. On the PC go to File -> User - and choose the on eyou weant. Also on the PC, you will have to alter the 'settings' for each user individually. So choose the 'user' then go to 'settings', etc.

I used to do this with Outlook (have 2 devices sync to it) and had no problems as long as all was set correctly.

HTH

krappenessen

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 13, 2015 09:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you have 2 devices then you will have 2 users. On the PC go to File -> User - and choose the on eyou weant. Also on the PC, you will have to alter the 'settings' for each user individually. So choose the 'user' then go to 'settings', etc.
HTH

Yes, I'm doing that but therein lies the problem. For my contacts I'm not using Outlook but I have set up a contacts list on my PC in MPE. I'm only using Outlook to sync calendar items. This worked perfectly while I only had a single device.

The problem is that when I have more than one device (user) MPE keeps separate contact lists on the PC for the 2 devices. This means that when let's say add a contact, I am forced to it it twice (once per MPE user). I want all the devices (users) to have the same single MPE contact list. This single MPE contact list to sync with both devices (users) and avoid the need for me to duplicate all the changes.

How can I set up a single MPE contact list that syncs with all devices?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 13, 2015 14:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

krappenessen hat Folgendes geschrieben:
.... The problem is that when I have more than one device (user) MPE keeps separate contact lists on the PC for the 2 devices. This means that when let's say add a contact, I am forced to it it twice (once per MPE user). I want all the devices (users) to have the same single MPE contact list. This single MPE contact list to sync with both devices (users) and avoid the need for me to duplicate all the changes.

How can I set up a single MPE contact list that syncs with all devices?

OK. I see what you're doing and in that case I would also use Outlook for contacts to get around the issue. That way you just have the single master copy. There could well be a way to use MPE in the way you want but as you use Outlook anyway it would seem sensible, to me anyway, to use it for contacts as well. You can populate OLs contacts from your phone(s) directly.

If you have slightly differing requirements on each phone you can have different conact 'groups' in different contact folders and choose which ones you'd like to sync in the settings for each phone. I did it this way when I used OL to sync to mine and my wife's phone - when she didn't want all the 'mechanics' etc that I had in my phone.

zunixaani

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 27, 2015 08:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Whenever I am trying to create a backup of the phone, myphoneexplorer crashes and it says - myphoneexplorer has stopped working . Windows is checking for solution

Apart from backup, all functions are working properly

I am using Win7

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.