FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 How can have one single set of data to sync multiple phones? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
krappenessen

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 03, 2015 21:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I use MPE with multiple phones and it looks as if I have to set up one MPE user for each individual phone. This means it sets up separate data (contacts, appointments etc) for each individual phone. This is a nuisance as it means I have to update each set of data (contacts, appointments etc) multiple times viz once per phone. How can I set up my MPE data so that I only have a single instance of each dataset (contacts, appointments etc) which applies to and syncs all my phones?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 04, 2015 07:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry guy, this is not how the MPE is supposed to work.
Only thing you can do, is to sync with a third party app like Outlook oder Thunderbird and sync all of your devices with the same OL/TB account. In this case you have to keep trak of your changes.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 04, 2015 09:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Koelner hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Sorry guy, this is not how the MPE is supposed to work.
Only thing you can do, is to sync with a third party app like Outlook oder Thunderbird and sync all of your devices with the same OL/TB account. In this case you have to keep trak of your changes.

Oh dear while I do have Outlook I do definitely not use it for my phone contacts. This is because my Outlook contains hundreds of contacts most of which I do not want on my phone (and the phone wouldn't have enough storage either). Also on my latest PC I no longer have Outlook So I set up my limited number of phone contacts list (as well as appointments) only in MPE.

It is an awful pain of to keep updating my MPE contact list multiple times. Is there no way in MPE of copying from one database to another or exporting / importing or copying some file(s) in Widows to make all the MPE contact lists and other databases the same? Or is there any bit of third party software (but not Outlook for reasons above) that can do this for me? It seems an MPE design weakness not to provide a facility for the same data to update multiple phones. I would happily donate to MPE development to avoid this multiple updating pain.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 04, 2015 13:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This multiple feature you´re looking for will not come to the MPE.

But where is the problem in using Thunderbird? It´s free.
You could also set the MPE to sync your calendars to Outlook and the contacts to Thunderbird.
Or, if this all to complicated, you sync online via google but that you don´t need the MPE for.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 04, 2015 13:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

krappenessen hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... Oh dear while I do have Outlook I do definitely not use it for my phone contacts. This is because my Outlook contains hundreds of contacts most of which I do not want on my phone (and the phone wouldn't have enough storage either). Also on my latest PC I no longer have Outlook So I set up my limited number of phone contacts list (as well as appointments) only in MPE. ...

You can use Outlook to manage your contacts, you just need to create contact sub-folders under your main contacts folder. That way you can separate the contacts you want on the phone from those you don't.

Then, in MPE on the PC go to: File > Settings > Sync [contacts - advanced] > Outlook folder to synchronise - and choose which folder(s) you want on the phone. Been doing this for a while as I keep all contacts for my phone and the wife's.

krappenessen

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 05, 2015 09:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Koelner hat Folgendes geschrieben:
This multiple feature you´re looking for will not come to the MPE.

But where is the problem in using Thunderbird? It´s free.
You could also set the MPE to sync your calendars to Outlook and the contacts to Thunderbird.
Or, if this all to complicated, you sync online via google but that you don´t need the MPE for.

I don't understand why MPE doesn't allow someone to have more than one phone which needs identical data to be sync'ed onto all their personal phone. I would assume this is the normal situation for most people who have more than one phone.

My Outlook is old and my new PC hasn't got it nor do I plan to get Outlook again on future PCs. I prefer not to do a sync online via Google due to privacy concerns with online providers especially Google. Thanks for the tip about Thunderbird and I'll look at the possibilities there . Is there documentation for syncing TB?

I am in the process of moving from my old to new PC, and, unless Thunderbird throws me a lifeline, it now looks like I may have to ditch MPE due to my no longer being interested in Outlook. Sad
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 05, 2015 15:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

krappenessen hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I don't understand why MPE doesn't allow someone to have more than one phone which needs identical data to be sync'ed onto all their personal phone.

Just because the MPE was born in a time when it was nearly unthinkable that someone possess more than one phone and to achive what you seek it would require a totally new programmed software.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.