FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Sync Phone -> Google Calendar Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
eusmweb

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 17, 2007 16:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've registered on the forum. Any chance I can get that test link? I would love to be able to sync directly w/ google!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
kevincumbria

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 20, 2007 15:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

A direct link to Google Calendar would be wonderful, I cannot get any of the other systems to work.
PatrickW

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 22, 2007 20:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've had one of those moments when I think I must be doing something wrong - because I've managed to get Google Calendar working quite easily!

Can I explain what I've done, and some kind soul can tell me why what I've done is so obviously wrong? Laughing

Admittedly, mine is a somewhat tortuous route, but I think ends up the same as people wanting to go direct from Google Calendar.

I use Mozilla Lightning to display my Google Calendars in my Thunderbird email program
    I go to the Calendar part of Lightning and copy the link to the Google Calendar - so this is just the same as going direct to Google Calendar, I think
    I right-click anywhere in the 'hours' part of the MPE calendar, and choose Import / Import
    when I see the contents of 'My Documents', I just paste the link and press Enter

Hmm... seems far too easy!

Two questions which I came across whilst importing from my Google Calendars: MPE kindly asked me if I'd like to add all entries, intelligent import based on subject, or ditto on start time. What do they mean? I hoped the last one might mean it only brought in entries after today, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

As a result of the first part, I'd appreciate some advice on my second question: given that I've got lots of calendar entries, I'd like to get rid of the older ones. If I right-click on the 'hours' section, I get the option to "Delete passed (sic) events". Does that mean events which are past as at today? Or as at the date that I'm displaying? To hopefully make it slightly clearer, if I change the calendar to January 1, 2007 and use that feature, will it get rid of everything from 2006 and before, but leave from Jan 2-infinity?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Patrick (I'm new, in case you didn't realise! ) Laughing
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 22, 2007 21:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hy Patrick

Yes - basicly its easy, but in your situation there is a better solution:
Set the Calendar-Sync in MyPhoneExplorer to iCal-File, as Url to the file you choose the private-magic-link to your Google-Calendar-ics file (you can view this in the calendarmanager of Google.
Pro:
- you can choose a daterange for syncing
- its a full featured sync, not an import

Contra:
- the Sync is one-way, no way to edit/delete items in Google
- you can sync only one Google calendar

Both contras will be fixed in the next Version, in MyPhoneExplorer 1.6 there will be a direct 2-way connection to google.

But back to your questions. In the Import-Window there are 3 Options: "Add all", "Intellegent import based on siubject", "Intellegent import based on start-time". The intellegent option means that MyPhoneExplorer searchs for existing items on the phone. If exists, then the data are updated, not added. This has nothing to do with date-ranges

"Delete passed (sic) events" menas that all events which remained before today will be deleted. It has no effect on which date you are browsing in the calendar.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
PatrickW

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 22, 2007 22:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ (sorry, I'm not sure if you're a Franz or a Franz Josef!),

Many thanks for the quick reply - I didn't realise I'd set up incorrectly! However, at the moment it may not be updated, but at least I've been able to include info from 5 or 6 Google Calendars!

I'm now looking forward to v 1.6 !!

Patrick
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
kevincumbria

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 23, 2007 17:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ

Linked to the Gcal private URL but it says the file doesn't exist! The phone is talking to the PC via bluetooth okay as everything else synchs.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 23, 2007 18:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Did you choose the url to the ics-Version ?
kevincumbria

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 23, 2007 19:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ

Yup, private address/iCal options and cut and pasted the URL.

Even turned off ZoneAlarm to see if that was blocking anything. Same result.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 23, 2007 19:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you get the message "File not found" then it must be an invalid link
Juma
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 24, 2007 03:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

HI FJ, I'm really looking forward to have my Gmail calendar sync w/ my sony...

any estimate date to release this new version that will do it directly?

tks in advance,

J.
kevincumbria

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 24, 2007 06:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
If you get the message "File not found" then it must be an invalid link

I'll delete the Google calendar and start a new one later today. If that doesn't work I will start hacking off bits of the URL that GCAL provides to see if that makes a difference.
kevincumbria

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 24, 2007 17:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If anyone else is having problems with synching G calendar I have found one, possibly two options with replacement online calenders.

The first is AirSet (www.airset.com) which has an Outlook synch plug in that works right out of the box. The sequence is that you add stuff to your online calendar wherever you are, come home, synch AirSet with Outlook which in turn updates my PDA through Activesyc and my phone through MPE. Interface is mildy better than the stark GCal and there's a whole lot of other stuff like contacts, links. blogs etc.

The second is Zoho which I cannot report back on as I am still waiting to be given access to the beta testing programme, but it is much the same but works as an entire office suite. URL is www.zoho.com
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.