FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MyPhoneExplorer and Thunderbird under Linux Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 17, 2017 11:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Mister_slowhand hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I've had the same error you had.

but I run a 64bits system, as MPE is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPhoneExplorer'.

And just like you, I started working out of nowhere after a while ??
Maybe it's about the authorisation you give to the plug-in in Thunderbird ? On first run, there is a confirmation asked in TBird, I don't see it in the Linux install ?

The only thing that will be missing on Linux would be the notes sync ? I use Davical to sync everything (Android syncs events and tasks through MPE to keep the categories...), but I haven't found a vNotes server yet.

I haven't tried downloading other stuff, like SMS and photos, since I've hardly used those features. Given how far this process has already got it would be good if a complete set of syncs could be included at some point.

I haven't looked at the basic setup instructions, 32 or 64 bit, wine dlls required, process for registering mpe DLLs and so on for a while. I also gave up on using USB and use a fixed IP or wifi now, which is simpler and more reliable. I wonder if the instructions need a clean-up and made more up to date for the latest mpe?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Mister_slowhand

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 17, 2017 15:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

- Photos, file scripts, they work great, even if the directory synced isn't in c: but somewhere in /
- call log is ok, as notes, all local.
- Calendar seems ok, except that retrieving data fails sometimes (just as retrieving the calendars at first failed, can't explain)
- contacts work but TBird has some limitations compared to Outlook and Android, so mapping is complicated if you have contacts with many phone numbers. That was just a try, as I use the carddav sync right from my phone to davical.
- Tasks is dangerous as the mapping between device and TBird of recuring tasks looks like it uses the "random" function.

Anyway, this last two points ain't new and are caused by TBird, Linux or Windows, it behaves the same.

SMS sync just plain doesn't work, it hangs after downloading the whole list (76000+ SMS) and never writes anything on the disk. I guess there's somerthing wrong with my wine installation.
TreeNode

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 19, 2017 09:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry I had to ask, but which version of wine do you use?
I had the same problem sync the sms with wine 1.6.9 (installed with winetricks). Therefore I updated wine to stable 2.0.1
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 19, 2017 10:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

TreeNode hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Sorry I had to ask, but which version of wine do you use?
I had the same problem sync the sms with wine 1.6.9 (installed with winetricks). Therefore I updated wine to stable 2.0.1

I'm on wine 2.4.0 (ubuntu 17.04). I tried archiving sms to my desktop and it works.
Mister_slowhand

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 19, 2017 17:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm using Wine-stable package from ubuntu 17.04, version is 1.8.7.
In a 64 bits system, I didn't create a 32bit wineprefix. Maybe...
I can break it and test the other way, I'll try when I get a few minutes.
Mister_slowhand

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 23, 2017 09:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, I killed everything, installed a new wineprefix 32bits, re-installed the whole thing and I let the SMS sync run... It's been 48h and still working ! I don't know what it does, takes 25% CPU (this mean 1 core only, it's a 4vCPU VM), 15% to MyPhoneExplorer, 10% Wine process. No disk activity at all, no RAM usage increase (125MB used by MPE).
76000 SMS in my phone, on Windows the SMS.dat file is 15MB.
Before that, I've checked that it works for SMS, as MPE showed received SMS and created the SMS.dat file.
I guess there are too many to handle in this configuration ?

I don't care about this machine running, I'll let it run and we'll see !
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 23, 2017 10:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Mister_slowhand hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Ok, I killed everything, installed a new wineprefix 32bits, re-installed the whole thing and I let the SMS sync run... It's been 48h and still working ! I don't know what it does, takes 25% CPU (this mean 1 core only, it's a 4vCPU VM), 15% to MyPhoneExplorer, 10% Wine process. No disk activity at all, no RAM usage increase (125MB used by MPE).
76000 SMS in my phone, on Windows the SMS.dat file is 15MB.
Before that, I've checked that it works for SMS, as MPE showed received SMS and created the SMS.dat file.
I guess there are too many to handle in this configuration ?

I don't care about this machine running, I'll let it run and we'll see !

We live in different ways - I currently have 3 SMS in my phone Very Happy I can't imagine what your system is doing.

I have loads on emails on my desktop, none on my phone.
matthias

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 27, 2017 21:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hey guys,

I tried to set up the Thunderbird sync without installing the windows version of Thunderbird. But if i try to set the sync up in the settings i get the error message that the folder strucure cannot be listed.
And in the console I get the following error:
Code:
C:\Program Files\MyPhoneExplorer>/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird -mpe list-abooks
'/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird -mpe list-abooks' konnte nicht als interner oder externer Befehl
oder als Batch-Skript erkannt werden.

Saying, that its neither a command nor a batch script.

Any suggestions on it?

By the way: I don't have a
Code:
/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.sh
therefore I omitted the ".sh"
matthias

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 27, 2017 21:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just tried it with an 64-bit prefix, because in the 32bit using "wineconsole cmd" there was an error message, when i tried to run the "thunderbird.bat" saying that it is not allowed to run a 64bit application from within an 32bit environment. Which makes sense..
And now with the 64bit I am able to start thunderbird from the wineconsole, but the sync still does not work..
Even when using
Code:
start /unix /usr/bin/thunderbird
within the "thunderbird.bat"
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 29, 2017 16:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

matthias hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I just tried it with an 64-bit prefix, because in the 32bit using "wineconsole cmd" there was an error message, when i tried to run the "thunderbird.bat" saying that it is not allowed to run a 64bit application from within an 32bit environment. Which makes sense..
And now with the 64bit I am able to start thunderbird from the wineconsole, but the sync still does not work..
Even when using
Code:
start /unix /usr/bin/thunderbird
within the "thunderbird.bat"

Sorry, I don't have a clue I'm afraid.
Mister_slowhand

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 30, 2017 14:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Pastim hat Folgendes geschrieben:

We live in different ways - I currently have 3 SMS in my phone Very Happy I can't imagine what your system is doing.

I have loads on emails on my desktop, none on my phone.

Say that I don't delete anything so it adds up with years ! Same with my agenda that has over 8000 events.
MPE handles that fine, in native Windows environment I mean.

My initial sync never finished (well I killed it after 3 full days, seeing that MPE worked as the memory load diminished, there must be some performance issues).
I could make it work : copied the SMS.dat (and some others) from my Windows installation and the sync finished in 10 minutes (no new SMS in between).
But after that, it's no stable : sometimes it syncs, sometimes it won't finish, sometimes it can't even retrieve the messages.

Weird thing is, it was slow but worked in my previous install, using playonlinux and a more recent wine version.
Mister_slowhand

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 30, 2017 14:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

matthias hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hey guys,

I tried to set up the Thunderbird sync without installing the windows version of Thunderbird. But if i try to set the sync up in the settings i get the error message that the folder strucure cannot be listed.
And in the console I get the following error:
Code:
C:\Program Files\MyPhoneExplorer>/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird -mpe list-abooks
'/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird -mpe list-abooks' konnte nicht als interner oder externer Befehl
oder als Batch-Skript erkannt werden.

Saying, that its neither a command nor a batch script.

Any suggestions on it?

By the way: I don't have a
Code:
/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.sh
therefore I omitted the ".sh"

Hi,

What is your Linux environment ? 64 bits native ?

That's strange you don't have the thunderbird.sh, but it's not a big deal, as without specific arguments, it ends up by :
Code:
 exec $MOZ_LIBDIR/$EXE "$@"

LIBDIR is set to "/usr/lib/thunderbird", and exe is "thunderbird"

As you could see, we all experienced the "folder structure cannot be listed" error at some point. I don't know why it disappearred, but it's gone after several tries, both calendar and contacts.

I have a 64 bits Linux, 64 bits TBird v52, with a 32 bits prefix in Wine, and it works.
matthias

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 24, 2017 14:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry, to not replying for so long. I gave up and totally forgot about it.

I have a 64bits Linux and I think I am running a 64bits Thunderbird.

Do you all run it in the standard wine prefix? (I use a custom one. Like ".wineMPE")
matthias

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 24, 2017 15:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I finally got it working. Very Happy My "thunderbird.bat" contains now:
Code:
start /unix /usr/bin/thunderbird %1 %2
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 26, 2018 23:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have just done a clean installation of ubuntu 18.04 and redid everything.
In the process I installed the new mpe 1.8.9. I had to obtain and register a new dll = Msvbvm60.dll. It would be useful if this could be included in the download, since winetricks doesn't seem to know about it.

I also managed to get it installed linked to the linux thunderbird as discussed in previous posts.

I can't say 1.8.9 seems any quicker, but it does work, which is all that really matters to me.

Thanks to all at FJ Software.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.