FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE won't connect when launched from Task Scheduler Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
mzman

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 18, 2015 23:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have been using MyPhoneExplorer for a while and scheduling automatic multisync each night with Windows Task Scheduler.

Recently, I installed Windows fresh on a new computer, and am experiencing a strange problem when trying to configure the same thing. When I launch the MyPhoneExplorer task through Windows Task Scheduler, the multisync runs fine, so I know there is no fundamental issue with my task configuration. However, if I let it start at a specific time while I am logged on but my screen is locked, it doesn't work.

I then can log on and see that the MyPhoneExplorer desktop client has started as it should have and appears in my Windows taskbar. However, it sits there doing nothing, not initiating a connection with the phone. Then, as soon as I click it to the foreground (just click the opened app in the taskbar), it starts to connect and works great. Of course, this doesn't work for me, since I want it to run on its own without my having to click on it. It's almost as if the application doesn't want to "really start" until it gains foreground focus. This used to not happen, so I wonder if perhaps it's a bug that was not present in the previous version I was using (1.8.5)? I would test this with the old version, but don't know how to downgrade without losing settings and sync history.

Can you help? Thanks.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
mzman

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 18, 2015 23:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

One small clarification. If I leave MPE minimized after unlocking the screen, without xxx it open, it eventually throws an error saying it was unable to initiate a connection. It never succeeds unless I click it open. When I do, it instantly connects.
mzman

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 22, 2015 13:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Any ideas? Does someone have this working successfully?

Is it possible to at least downgrade a MPE version without losing data or sync status, so I can try that?
mzman

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 27, 2015 20:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I went ahead and tried downgrading to v 1.8.5. The Windows Task Scheduler launched task immediately started working as it had in the past. Something has changed in v 1.8.6 that prevents launching MPE from a locked windows session.

For now, my problem is solved. However, I'd like to be able to upgrade MPE versions in the future. Can you correct the behavior in future MPE versions so that they can run automatically from Task Scheduler? Thanks.
reginas.atrix

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 08, 2015 17:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In my experience MPE always has had to run in the foreground in the current and older versions as well. It would be so helpful if the developer could have it run in the background as many syncing programs do. Due to this shortcoming, you cannot be working on anything else on your PC while running MPE.

Monday-Friday my husband and I are on a schedule for getting ready for the day that varies only a little. I have set up an Autohotkey script that runs in my PC's Task Scheduler on a timer. I coordinate this activity by running a macro app for android on my phone, Macrodroid. Typically, while my husband and I are munching on breakfast, my devices are automatically syncing.

However, what is different is as opposed to the original poster's experience, I do not lock my PC. I am home, so don't feel the need.

Dell XPS 13 9350
mzman

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 09, 2015 00:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is there any update on this issue? Is a fix in the works for the next release of MPE?

Thanks.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 09, 2015 11:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

reginas.atrix hat Folgendes geschrieben:
It would be so helpful if the developer could have it run in the background as many syncing programs do.

This is not how the MPE works and there are no plans of changing that.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 09, 2015 14:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Koelner hat Folgendes geschrieben:
reginas.atrix hat Folgendes geschrieben:
It would be so helpful if the developer could have it run in the background as many syncing programs do.

This is not how the MPE works and there are no plans of changing that.

Could you please reply to my last post in this thread topic, which mentions a slightly different issue? Version 1.8.5 works from a locked desktop, and version 1.8.6 does not.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 10, 2015 07:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

mzman hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Is a fix in the works for the next release of MPE?

There are other topics far more important right now.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 09, 2015 06:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Does anyone know if this behavior changed in the new 1.8.7 version?
mzman

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 16, 2015 07:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can someone please comment on this? Thank you.
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 27, 2018 22:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can someone please comment on this? Thank you.

I, as well as many others, would love for MPE to run without interrupting other PC activities. I have posted a couple of times on this and read where developers think that allowing MPE to run unattended is dangerous. I can't trust MPE not to decide to delete all 4,500 photos from my PC, or hundreds of documents, simply because the sync scan did not detect that there were no changes. I abort that task, run MPE manually, run the task and watch it complete without wanting to do anything, so I have to have the change alarm set at 5 to avoid losing data.

However, having the change confirmation on would allow a background MPE to interrupt only when it needs direction and not every single time, thus eliminating this risk of data corruption.

I have recently noticed that my Windows 10 PC is starting Scheduled Tasks before I log in. When I enter my PIN I immediately see the MPE app in the Taskbar, which behaves exactly as you describe. My Outlook reminder window is open due to OCGS (Outlook Google Calendar Sync) running and opening the Outlook PST, which triggers the reminder window. I have tried switching back to password login to see if this prevents scheduled tasks from running before my fingers are on the keyboard but it was the same.

I decided to stop using MPE for my Outlook <-> Android calendar and contacts syncing because it was constantly deleting contacts and creating duplicates. I think this was due to my scenario of syncing an Android phone and tablet with Outlook but I'm not certain. Now I only sync contacts to the tablet, which syncs to Google, which syncs to the phone. Calendars are handled with OGCS (which does not sync contacts).

I would think that the reliable and non-intrusive operation of MPE for the existing users would be a very high priority, but it seems not. I'm on version 1.8.8.
hdenie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 31, 2018 17:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MPE to run automatically via WIFI from my Windows 10

At this time I am syncing manually, and I have enough confidence to automatize this operation
I, as well as many others, would love for syncing Thunderbird with my Android 6 phone automatically
I have searched this forum for a solution, without any luck .
Can any one direct me to a solution
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 02, 2018 22:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hdenie hat Folgendes geschrieben:

At this time I am syncing manually, and I have enough confidence to automatize this operation
I, as well as many others, would love for syncing Thunderbird with my Android 6 phone automatically
I have searched this forum for a solution, without any luck .
Can any one direct me to a solution

Windows has Task Scheduler to run tasks under varying conditions. The command line options that MPE uses are provided in one of the pinned posts for this forum.

I have two tasks defined: one syncs only my calendar and contacts with my tablet, which syncs that to Google, which syncs to my phone. This task runs hourly after I log in.

The other task syncs files and has three actions: sync tablet; then sync phone; then sync tablet again (in order to get the changes from the phone synced back to the tablet before the next run). This task runs every four hours.

I don't run the tasks as often as I would prefer due to MPE not staying in the background until it needs my permission to sync more than the threshold number of changes.

I have to have a limit (of about 5 or 10) on the number of changes allowed because fairly often I see MPE wanting to delete all 13 GB of pictures on my PC. This always happens after daylight saving time switches on and off, as well as when I change SD cards after copying the entire contents of the old card to the new one. MPE incorrectly sees times changing under those situations and wants to copy everything again. Sometimes it wants to sync all files, which I abort, and on the next run doesn't want to sync any files. When there is a wifi connection error MPE gets very confused and keeps issuing errors repeatedly for a bit. Sometimes I need to kill the task in order to restart, reconnect and re-sync.

Right click Windows Meny > Computer Management > System Tools > Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Create Task. These are my command line and its options:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPhoneExplorer\MyPhoneExplorer.exe"

Options for task 1: id=samsung SM-T580 [DB6B46BB6FAC57B5] action=connect flags=closeafteraction action=sync syncitem=phonebook,organizer flags=noerrmsg

Options for task 2/ Action 1: id=samsung SM-T580 [DB6B46BB6FAC57B5] action=connect flags=closeafteraction action=sync syncitem=files flags=noerrmsg

Options for task 2/ Action 2: id=samsung GT-I9505 [355794052118147] action=connect flags=closeafteraction action=sync syncitem=files flags=noerrmsg

Options for task 2/ Action 3: same as Action 1

There are other command options that may be appropriate for what you want.
hdenie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 03, 2018 04:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[quote="Bill Irwin"]
hdenie hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Right click Windows Meny > Computer Management > System Tools > Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Create Task. These are my command line and its options:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPhoneExplorer\MyPhoneExplorer.exe"
Options for task 1: id=samsung SM-T580 [DB6B46BB6FAC57B5] action=connect flags=closeafteraction action=sync syncitem=phonebook,organizer flags=noerrmsg
Options for task 2/ Action 1: id=samsung SM-T580 [DB6B46BB6FAC57B5] action=connect flags=closeafteraction action=sync syncitem=files flags=noerrmsg
Options for task 2/ Action 2: id=samsung GT-I9505 [355794052118147] action=connect flags=closeafteraction action=sync syncitem=files flags=noerrmsg
Options for task 2/ Action 3: same as Action 1
There are other command options that may be appropriate for what you want.

Bill thank you for this information. I am a bit of a novice, but I like to give this a try
1) I have opened a " Task window"
2) It needs me to write a name and a description.
I assume command lines need to be entered, after name and description of the task.
I noticed your devices are identified by "id=samsung SM-T580 [DB6B46BB6FAC57B5]",and " id=samsung GT-I9505 [355794052118147]".

My phone is a HTC one M8, but I am sure this is not what I put in the command line .
Why is your Task id's different and where can I find the the id for my phone ?

Hans
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.