FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 "Can't find X, do you want to connect to Y instead? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Jotaf

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 03, 2018 00:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, I've been a long time user (and donator) of MPE, and it's great! Except for this issue that pops up every once in a while, when syncing over wifi:

Can't find OnePlus ONE E1003 [identifier], do you want to connect to OnePlus ONE E1003 [different identifier] instead?

Despite the different identifiers (each is a long number), I know that it is the same phone. It seems that MPE is refusing to match the existing profile to the phone due to this difference.

When this happens, I can hack my way around it by taking note of the 2nd identifier, going to my profile folder, and renaming it to match it, but this is cumbersome.

Is there any chance of having, say, a setting to match only by name rather than this identifier? I guess the strict matching is useful for someone with 2 or more phones with exactly the same name (!) but like most mere mortals I only have one phone.

(Win10, MPE 1.8.8, phone OnePlus X, wifi connection)
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 03, 2018 13:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Normally this kind of message pops up if the connection to a device can´t be established. Then the MPE suggest to connect to a different device it knows.

So, you must have in the past (or present) have had at least a second device that was once connected to the MPE. These "long number" you mention is the devices IMEI which is used by the MPE to identify a device.

A simple way to avoid happening this, which works in 99,9% of the time, is being patient. Because the device has itself not yet well established in the WiFi it´s too soon for the MPE to find it. Just turn on the WiFi and be sure that the device is well connected to the WiFi and then start the MPE. This all asumes that you use the autostart function of the client that starts the client over push. If you have to start the MPE client on the phone manually this has to be done first, before trying to esablish the connection between device and computer.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 11, 2018 22:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MyPhoneExplorer had been working perfectly for me for months with my Pixel 2 XL, but over the past three days I have consistently gotten the same error as the OP. My account was named "Darron's Pixel 2 XL". When I try to connect, MPE says:
Zitat:
It was not possible to connect to Darron's Pixel 2 XL, would you like to connect instead to Google Pixel 2 XL[35803508087996] ?
This happens no matter how I attempt to connect, Autodetect, WiFI, Bluetooth, Fixed IP or USB. For what it's worth, I know I have a good WiFi connection because I attempt to connect to MPE hours after connecting to WiFi and using it with other network apps. I tried changing the name of my account to the name of the device MPE was asking if I wanted to connect to and got this error message when attempting to connect:
Zitat:
It was not possible to connect to Google Pixel 2 XL[35803508087996], would you like to connect instead to Google Pixel 2 XL[35803508087996] ?
I'm at a loss as to how to proceed at this point. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Darron
Jotaf

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 16, 2018 16:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the tips Koelner! The problem seems to go away and come back once in a while. Maybe waiting has something to do with it.

But regardless, shouldn't the IMEI be absolutely stable over the lifetime of a phone? It must be a bug that the IMEI is sometimes reported incorrectly.

In addition to that, being able to override IMEI matching would be a useful feature to have when all else fails I guess.
Jotaf

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 16, 2018 16:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dknutson: My only suggestion is to take note of the IMEIs and rename the profile folder to account for the change (explained in the original post).
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.