FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.5 under Linux (with PlayOnLinux) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
ghopit

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 02, 2017 21:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you The EYE for starting this topic and dan.sel for your script and manual guide!

Until I found this section I installed Myphoneexplorer directly via WINE. Installation works fine and MPE started correct. Problems appeared when I tried to connect my phone. MPE wants me to name then new profile and then crashes. After then it crashes every time I started MPE and many errors occurred in the log.

So I searched for a solution and found this instructions. It works! I followed the manual installation using Mint 18.2, PlayOnLinux 4.2.10, Wine 2.20 (32bit) and MPE Version 1.8.8.
without any problems. No adware windows, errors messages or other problems occurred. Finally I could connect my phone via WLan and sync the address book, organizer, notes and SMS. At the moment I haven't tried to synchronize photos and files yet. Due to previous experience, I have also not tried to connect the phone via USB or bluetooth.

After all I would like to thank FJ for MPE, the best phone app ever Smile

Update:
I've tested SMS and access to files on the phone. Both worked and I could send SMS and download/delete files on the phone.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
AndroGue

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 07, 2018 01:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi guys, I hope this thread is still alive!
Thanks for starting it!

My setup:
Ubuntu 17.10
Playonlinux 4.2.12
various wine(s) and MPE versions

I tried to follow the manual instructions of dan.sel, MPE is up and running, however that was the case before as well. I don't see any problems in the debug log of playonlinux, everything seems fine, but I can't connect my phone. Neither via WLAN, nor BT, nor USB, I even tried fixed IP - nothing works Sad

MPE Log says: "Error in StartFritzboxSearch: 429 ActiveX component can't create object"
(just to prevent some questions: phone is in the same WLAN, MPE app is installed, usb debugging activated... the same phone can connect to the same computer on a virtualbox windows)

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Basically MPE is the only reason I start up Windows (I am using it via virtual box, but that's kind of an overkill).

Best, Günter

PS: Thank FJ for MPE, it is a really great tool and I am using it since ~15years, I have backups of texts from roughly five generations of phones, I don't think this is possible with any other program!

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 20, 2018 20:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hey,

I'll just give an answer to my own question in case somebody stumbles over this forum:
Make sure that all firewalls - also those on the phone (AFWall) - are deactivated or at least grants the MyPhoneExplorer App access to the network...

Well, too much paranoia only makes ones own life difficult...

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jun 22, 2018 22:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Me neither, try WLAN that works well for me.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.