FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Setting MPE as the default message app Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 18, 2018 07:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

pzh9l hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I can't receive MMS images/photos when MPE is the default sms/mms app.

That´s to be expected because the MPE can´t handle MMS. I´m sorry but there is no workaround for that.

pzh9l hat Folgendes geschrieben:
when MPE is the default sms/mms app, sometimes I do receive sms messages both on the phone AND on the PC almost simultaneously (the expected behavior), but most of the times the received sms (on the phone) does not get transferred and not even notified within MPE on the PC.

There is no watchdog in the MPE covering your phones activities all the time. Transfer from SMS to the PC happen only when there is a live connection between phone and PC.

I´m sorry to say that but in all those years the MPE now exists, your problems are kinda unique. FJ has build in many functons into the MPE that were requested or seemed logically. But there are limits when it comes to some particularities. Changes in the MPE can only be made if not the majority of users get problems with that change. And on the other hand each phone manufacturer builds it´s own system. So there are some phones that work better with the MPE than others.
My advise would be to find a way of handling the MPE in a way that it helps you and not expect the jack of all trades device.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 19, 2018 00:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Koelner, while I understand what you're saying and in general would tend to actually agree - you also have to understand that all of this used to work fine under Android 4.1...

Seems to me that the connection doesn't stay "live" for very long even though of course the phone is connected to the pc (via usb) all the time while I'm at home working on the pc. I really don't understand why the connection, once established b/w the pc and the MPE client on the phone, doesn't stay ON until the phone is disconnected. Why oh why ??

So I now have to manually do a refresh on the MPE window each time I hear a sms notification/alarm on the phone, otherwise the sms doesn't get copied over to the pc so that I can read it there in MPE. But this was NOT the case before, I never had to do a refresh - so what happened since then with Android and/or MPE ? would be my question...

As for the MMS I know that MPE can't handle them and never complained about it, quite the contrary I'm very happy with MPE the way it is - or was. But at least with my previous phone/Android version I could receive MMS on the phone while connected with MPE, but now it doesn't work anymore, and worse yet I don't even get a notice on the phone that someone tried to send me an mms !
If it's not clear enough : I am NOT requesting that MPE should handle the MMS, just asking to let them get into the phone when someone sends me one.

But as I understand it, this is Android's fault, because of that "default application" sh*t it introduced a few years ago. F*ck Google for doing this (and more serious matters about privacy, but that's another subject) because all of a sudden MPE is way less easy to use and less powerful. Mad
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 19, 2018 10:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You´re using a Huawei device, right?
Well, I hate to say it but that is a big part of the problem.

Never experienced anything like this with Sony or HTC.
I used to work with a Huawei Tablet for just one week. After these painstaking days I brought it back to the shop and came home with an ASUS Tablet.

Yes, there have been changes in the Android system and with every new release there are more changes, some of them we like, others we don´t. But nethertheless we all have to deal with the special gizmos the manufacturers build into their devices and that´s what´s bothering you now.

The MPE tries to please as much users as possible. Remember, the MPE was developed only to serve Ericsson phones, years before Android was even invented. The MPE was originally also never meant to be a tool that is connected to a phone for permanent use, it´s just a tool to backup your calender and contacts. Everything else is pure luxury.

Yet there is no other tool as powerful and for free as the MPE.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 19, 2018 11:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Why the defensive response ? There's no need, I'm a big fan of MPE, fantastic work, it used to work *perfectly* and still is SUPER useful to me, so you're preaching someone already convinced ! Smile

And yes, it's a Huawei device, great functionality/price ratio and a lot to like about it - though not perfect of course (I hate the position of the power/volume buttons and the jack - but at least there is a jack...).

But it's Google/Android that have removed classic file management to leave only MTP/PTP transfers, NOT Huawei.

And it's again Google/Android that have implemented that "default application" thing, NOT Huawei.

Its' very possible that the EMUI layer causes additional problems, but it remains to be seen I have no clear evidence so far (I thought about buying an Android-only phone model, but it lacked some key functions and was not easily available for purchase).

Anyway, I was hoping to get a *technical* answer to my question : why doesn't the connection b/w phone and pc stay live as long as the phone is connected and MPE up and running ? Why doesn't MPE keep the connection "live", thus requiring a systematic manual refresh (ie user intervention) all the time, which is quite annoying...?

P.S. and btw, if I can judge from the series of topics recently opened in this forum, other people are having more serious problems than I'm having with my Huawei... Wink
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 21, 2018 21:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just discovered in the MPE settings Connection tab, a "disconnect after 5 mns inactivity" check box, that was well... checked. Rolling Eyes

Probably a default setting when you add a new account, which I did back in July after I bought my new smartphone.

We'll see how it goes, but I expect/hope the problem mentioned above should disappear - ie no more need to resync manually when my smart gets a new sms in, it should duplicate to MPE instantly w/o requiring any intervention. :fingerscrossed:

Just wish someone here would have flagged this to me before, after all this is supposed to be a "MPE Help/Support" forum. Oh well...
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.