FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 SOLVED: cal sync one day off -TB lightning/google calendar Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
evero

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 02, 2007 17:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,
I'm -so- close to achieving the perfect setup with MPE - TB lightning (with Gcal provider extension) and google calendar, but unfortenatly I discovered that all-day events in my MPE calendar was one day off (all-day events appear one day earlier than it should...)

I use MPE 1.6 on vista ultimate, phone: se w710i

The lightning extension in Thunderbird and the Google Calendar is configured with the correct timezone as far as I can see (gmt +1).

Detailed description:
This issue only affects the MPE and phone calendar, the events show up correctly in Lightning and Google calendar. In other words I guess it's something wrong with how MPE reads the calendar data(?).

When I create an event in google calendar, it shows up correctly in lightning aswell. And visa versa.
But when synced to MPE it displays wrong in MPE (and also the mobile phone after syncing the mobile).

I did run MPE in debug mode and sent the logfile in a PM to you FJ, hope that is okay!

thanks for looking into this! Smile

Zuletzt bearbeitet von evero am So Jul 15, 2007 20:35, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 02, 2007 20:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Why you dont use direct sync to Google ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
evero

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 02, 2007 21:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

it may seem stupid to go threw lightning, yes.
first: i'm using TB and Lightning anyway because of several reasons, such as contact sync between gmail and TB (threw the upcoming plaxo 3.0 features), and calendar sync from TB/Lightning to iPod etc.

more important: lightning/sunbird will in a feature release support offline calendaring, a very essential feature, not only to be able to see the calendar when working offline, but also do changes that will sync next time you go online.
this also apply in the MPE <-> TB/Lightning <-> Google Cal sync flow.

Until offline calendaring is possible in TB/lightning, I guess it's better to use the direct MPE <-> google calendar option, but I still hope this bug (or what it is?) can be sorted out, expexially when offline calendaring in lightning is available (roadmap for upcoming enhancements here: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Roadmap )
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 02, 2007 22:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I know it has something to do with the timezones (i saw this once while developing the interface). But on Timezone GMT+1 it should work.

Anyway - its related to the Mozilla-Addon, not to MyPhoneExplorer so i hope my Addon-Developer "NP" will take a look at this thread.
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 14, 2007 11:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Several questions for evero:

1) What timezone are you living in? Do you have summertime? Is this timezone configured in Windows as well as in lightning? Does your problem only occur with whole day items?

2) Please make a testcase calendar item named "TEST" that shows the problem.

3) Open a command line window; change to your thunderbird program directory (probably c:\program files\Mozilla Thunderbird) and execute the following command: thunderbird -mpe export-items=c:\items.txt

This should create a textfile c:\items.txt containing all the items from the calendars you selected in MPE for synchronisation. Each line contains one item; please post the line containing your TEST item here and give me the date you entered in thunderbird.

Then we will be able to see wether thunderbird already exports it wrong or if MPE makes an error when interpreting the file.

FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 14, 2007 17:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I found a tricky bug in MyPhoneExplorer - and i fixed it yesterday. Please try this patch and report
evero

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jul 15, 2007 20:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ: The patch fixed it!! At least I've not experienced the described issue after I installed the patch. If I do I will post here, but for now I think the problem is out of the world.
Thanks a lot for solving this! Now, I can finally start using FME Smile

NP: Thanks for looking into this. I guess I don't need to give you further feedback because the problem is solved. But in short; yes it only affected all-day events and I had configured timezone and daylight saving correct (gmt+1)
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.