FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Does anyone sync Calendar and Contacts to google AND MPE? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 10, 2018 00:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

That's the question. Does anyone leave the calendar and contacts sync "on" on their phone and does that create any issues?

I have MPE sync my desktop outlook PST to/from the "gmail" calendar and contacts on my phone.

Thanks,
BJB
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Starb7

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 14, 2018 13:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes, I do and it works fine. Both the Gmail and MPE sync fine Smile

Huawai P9 Lite
Cubot S600
Samsung S3 Mini
Samsung S4 Mini
Samsung Tab 4
HTC Desire S S510e
HTC Wildfire v2.2.1
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2018 02:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Starb7,
Thanks! So did you just turn on google "sync" on your phone for calendar and contacts and it just started working? Calendar and contacts? No duplicates?

Any changes on the Google account web Page settings?

That is awesome....seems too good to be true!

Thanks so much for replying. Still using PST for archive purposes but using outlook a lot less often. And in between, I am not backed up.

Further, if I bet my contacts and calendar on Google, I can also sync to my tablet....so on my phone, tablet, outlook, and Google account web page.
Thanks,
BJB
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2018 03:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I made a change to the way I do my syncs to my phone and tablet with Outlook 2010. I was getting dups periodically when I had MPE set to sync Outlook to Google for both devices.

I trigger MPE from Windows Task Scheduler and wish it would stay in the background instead of grabbing the screen focus, without any sound, so that my typing elsewhere is lost and has to be redone.

I stopped my phone from syncing Contacts & Calendars and set it to sync only with Google, with the MPE Calendar Contact set to This Phone. The tablet syncs Contacts & Calendars with Outlook, which then it syncs to Google, which syncs updates to the phone.

This move has eliminated all my dups and allows changes made on one mobile device to sync to the other without having to be home and use MPE to perform the entire sync. This is much more versatile and useful.

Now, if we could just get MPE to recognize daylight savings so it stops syncing 14 GB of data to both devices, twice each year!
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2018 15:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Bill,

Thanks! Great detailed info!

I currently sync my phone to outlook and my tablet does not sync to anything and the calendar and contacts are unused. I also realized I rarely make changes via outlook on my desktop PC so the PST is more like an onsite backup/archive. My setup is a little different as you sync your tablet with MPE, I sync my phone. But how does the following sound?

-Based on your great input it sounds like if I leave my android Phone MPE synching to Outlook (contacts, calendar and tasks).

-Then turn on google sync on my phone for calendar and contacts (not sure what happens with tasks?)
My phone will sync and populate google with everything from calendar and contacts on my phone (google “cloud” is blank right now for the google account I am populating on my phone with MPE).

-Then on my android tablet, don’t install MPE, just turn google sync on there. And it will sync and populate the tablet with the google calendar and contact info as it uses the same google login account as my phone.

-Then any change on my tablet or phone is synced to google.
And whenever I get around to syncing my phone via MPE to outlook it will all end up there too as a backup or on the odd chance I change something in outlook on my desktop, that change will be synced back to the phone and as you noted to google also.

I was not aware of the daylight savings time issue? Is this unique to the google sync thing or just a basic MPE sync? Never noticed this happening in my case and I sync calendars, contacts, and photos to my PC via MPE.

Only other thing I was not clear on (besides how tasks work) is you said you set the MPE Calendar Contact set to “This Phone”. Based on how the above works, I would think whatever device has MPE installed on it would be syncing to the gmail account on the device, not the internal phone calendar and contacts?

For tasks, I use the MPE tasks on my phone, it syncs to outlook tasks on my desktop but I have no idea what google "cloud" or website does with them in the above setup.

O yeah, then there is photo sync! I will worry about that later. Smile

Thanks again,
BJB
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2018 19:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Your suggestion sounds good for only calendar & contacts (I use Life Reminders for tasks on my mobile devices, which is an amazing app that syncs instantly between by phone & tablet via its server), but I don't have any experience syncing Outlook tasks via MPE.

The DST issue appears when you're syncing files with MPE. I have MPE move (not copy) all photos from both devices to Windows Pictures\New\{camera|Facebook|Messenger} (depending on its originating folder location). Then another job syncs the entire Windows Pictures hierarchy back to the phone and tablet onto the external SD card. That way I have all pictures on all devices in the exact same location and file hierarchy as I use on Windows. I do the same for Documents. This gives me the ability to show you any picture or document on any of the three devices.

Since MPE is installed on my phone, and I start the sync jobs automatically by Windows Task Scheduler to do a MultiSync, This Phone only syncs the phone's contacts and calendar events with MPE, but MPE doesn't send it anywhere (Google or Outlook). This is, I believe, what was causing my dups before.

You can set MPE on your phone and tablet to start whenever you are connected to your home network - the location of your PC. I have Task Scheduler running a job every hour to sync tablet <- calendar/contacts -> Outlook and another every 4 hours to MultiSync all tasks to both devices. These are both set to run 9 am to 9 pm, so I get some peace after 9 pm.

It is this hourly and every 4 hours jobs that I wish would not pull the focus on my PC away from what I'm doing, or at least make a sound so I don't keep typing for 20 seconds only to look up and realize the last 50 characters have gone nowhere.

Life Reminders is at www.lifereminders.eu

The file manager I use on my Android devices to see my files in the same hierarchy format as Windows is X-plore by Lonely Cat Games. It is an amazing file manager and my only wish is that there was an iOS version for my Apple friends.

MPE would be a perfect tool if it would:

- have a command line option of "silent" that would keep it completely hidden unless and until it needs permission to do something or report an error;

- report errors once - not over and over requiring Task manager to kill it;

- handle DST time changes gracefully

- integrate better with the Windows OS so it isn't seen as Not Responding so often so that it can be minimized easily - as virtually all other apps behave;

- not burp occasionally and want to delete all pictures from my PC, requiring that I always have a limit set (10) on the number of deletions that can be done without permission; I would love to be able to trust MPE but I can't;

- not want to replace pictures that I've renamed on my PC with the originally named versions from my phone or tablet; this has required a periodic run of a duplicate finding app that finds and removes these dups;

Good luck mastering your digital world. Cool
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2018 20:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks again.

FWIW, as it relates to that DST issue.

I have been using MPE for a long time to use a job to copy (not move) pictures from my phone SD card (where new pix go by default) to a folder on my windows PC. The same folder each sync. I do the same with any files in the phone download folder. This makes sure I have a backup of all my camera pix and downloads.

Have not seen that DST issue with what I do above so perhaps it is related to the move/sync function.

After I sort all this out I am considering using google photo backup but know there at full resolution and storage size limits there I do not like.

Thanks!
BJB
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2018 20:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You won't see the DST time sync issue if you are syncing one way. It only happens for the file sync jobs that have two-way sync set <-> - Documents, Pictures and Audio recordings for me.

I use the cloud for syncing, not backup, except iDrive for versioned remote backup to protect from a disaster that destroys my home and all local backup devices.

WiFi connection
Android MPE 1.0.74
Windows MPE 1.8.15
RobertBell

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Nov 26, 2018 18:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Actually those both are two different apps which we cannot synchronize both of them at same time. There are some tools in the internet which are designed by www.assignmentgeek.com.au Apps Company by using those tools we can sync calendar and contact at same time into your Google mail and MPE also. But once check compatibility before installing those tools into your mobile.
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Nov 26, 2018 19:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Robert,
I am sure you know a lot more about this interaction than I do, but I am curious. As it relates to calender, contacts, and tasks, how would google sync even know we are syncing to MPE?

For example currently MPE has populated my gmail account on my phone for contacts, calendar and tasks. If I turned on gmail sync how would it know mpe populated those fields and not me manually?

Similarly after first sync if I added a contact manually or MPE via sync how would it know the difference.

At this point my MPE sync is almost a one way backup to my Outlook PST...I rarely put something new in outlook.

Again, not challenging your comment just curious.

Thanks!
BJB
maid

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 15, 2019 10:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have put a ticket in but then spotted this.
I put an event on my phone in the Samsung calendar.
This will not sync to Outlook.
I have sync both ways and anything added to Outlook goes to the phone no problem.
I tried fiddling with the settings now MPE wants to delete everything from my Outlook calendar.
Help please I don't want to loose everything
maid

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 16, 2019 06:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

update,

Did not loose everything all sync well from outlook to phone.

Still have the issue of if i enter something in the calendar app on my phone this will not sync to outlook.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 16, 2019 10:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

maid hat Folgendes geschrieben:
…. Still have the issue of if i enter something in the calendar app on my phone this will not sync to outlook.

Check which calendar the new entry is being entered into (with the phones calendar app that you're using) and also check the MPE settings (on your phone) for which calendar(s) to sync.

BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 16, 2019 17:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

BJB hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Robert,
I am sure you know a lot more about this interaction than I do, but I am curious. As it relates to calender, contacts, and tasks, how would google sync even know we are syncing to MPE?

For example currently MPE has populated my gmail account on my phone for contacts, calendar and tasks. If I turned on gmail sync how would it know mpe populated those fields and not me manually?

Similarly after first sync if I added a contact manually or MPE via sync how would it know the difference.

At this point my MPE sync is almost a one way backup to my Outlook PST...I rarely put something new in outlook.

Again, not challenging your comment just curious.

Thanks!
BJB

I have mistakenly entered a calendar entry on the phone to the wrong calendar. Making each calendar an obviously different label color (even if you do not mean to use it) helps avoid this.

I would still like some input from the original topic and my comment above.

It seems like this should be an option without using a third party sync program as google syncs automatically to android and we initiate the MPE syncs to outlook. This post reminded me of this open item.
BJB
maid

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 06, 2019 05:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am trying to get google to sync my calendar but so far failed.
Outlook on desktop sync fine to note 8.
Need google calendar to work???
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.