FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Synching all my Google Calendars / failing TB calendar Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 09, 2007 15:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, the calendars listed in the registry are the calendars you selected the last time you were in MPEs extended synchronisation settings for Lightning.

What do you mean, the command does nothing? This are the possible reasons:

1) The command line is not able to find the thunderbird executable. In this case, you should get an error message "the command "thunderbird" is spelled wrong ..." or something like that. In that case, check your PATH setting (or simply cd into your thunderbird program directory).

2) The command line executes thunderbird - a thunderbird window opens but no file is created. First possible reason: the MPE extension is not installed in your current thunderbird profile - please check this using Addon Manager. Second possible reason: the MPE extension is installed but an error occured. In this case you should see an errormessage if you open the Thunderbird Javascript error console.

The command simply cannot do nothing...

PatrickW

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 09, 2007 16:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

NP,

Really, the command does nothing!

1) I don't get an error message, so I'm assuming it runs OK

2) Whether I try it with TB open or closed, it does nothing. No error message in TB error console, no file created in c:\ If I look in my Addons, I can see MyPhoneExplorer 0.8.29

Any more hints?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 09, 2007 17:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Well, you have me seriously confused by now... do the MPE extended synchronisation settings show the calendars you have configured in lightning?

Please tell me also in which directory you have installed your Thunderbird? Is it c:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird ?

Can you give me the setting of your PATH variable? (Open a command line window and enter "path", it will display the current setting.)

PatrickW

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 09, 2007 18:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

NP,

Glad it's not just me getting confused! Smile

Apologies if I'm not describing things clearly enough.

If I select Thunderbird Lightning and then choose Advanced, I can see 11 calendars. I can 'tick' all of them also, but the synch always fails; however, if I only tick one / a few of them, it works.

If I select Google Calendar and then choose Advanced, I can see 7 calendars - and synching with these works.

TB is, as you suggest, in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird

Re 'path': I'm afraid I've got the same problem here as I had for an earlier issue - I get a message saying ""Windows cannot find 'path'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search." I've done a search for 'path.*' but can't find anything - do you know where I'd find it?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 09, 2007 19:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

path is a CLI builtin - it is not an exe. So be sure to type "path" not "path.exe" - OH, it just dawns on me: are you trying all these commands directly from "Execute" in your start menu? This won't work.

I'm sorry, I was presuming too much: When I say "enter commands on the command line" I really mean: "type cmd in your Execute menu; then a command line window will open, and THEN type the command I told you".

So, once again: Open a command line window by executing "cmd"; THEN give me the result of the command "path". Then enter the command

"thunderbird -mpe list-cals=c:\cals.txt" - if it complains about not finding thunderbird try the following command:

cd "\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird"<RETURN>
thunderbird -mpe list-cals=c:\cals.txt<RETURN>

(Where <RETURN> means pressing the RETURN key...)

So when you follow these instructions, you simply MUST have a c:\cals.txt file, where you can compare the URLs to those in the registry.

Also, does synchronisation work if you choose only read/write calendars in MPE?

PatrickW

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 09, 2007 20:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

NP,

Ahh, things are getting clearer! Smile

PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\

AND I've got a c:\cals.txt file, which looks as if it includes 11 calendars, ie the same as the number of calendar files I can see in Lightning!

Zitat:
Also, does synchronisation work if you choose only read/write calendars in MPE?

Looking in the cals.txt file, all 11 calendars have got RW in the row (eg UK Holidays http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/uk%40holiday.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics RW #CC66CC) - does that mean anything?
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jul 10, 2007 11:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, things are getting clearer now...

So have you compared the URLs in cals.txt with those in the registry key? Are there any differences?

That you have an RW in cals.txt means the Google Provider for Lightning does not set this attribute correctly - this might cause a part of your problems. What does Lightning do when you try to change an item in a calendar without write access? Are you able to sync when you enable only calendars that are really writable?

I'm still puzzled by the error message you found earlier on about the MPE plugin not able to find a calendar. Can you still reproduce this error condition?

rolandow

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 13, 2007 10:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hey guys... you seem to be a lot further than me Smile

All I want is to sync the shared calendars of google to my phone. Do I need Lightning for this? I mean: is this a proven concept already, or can I expect the same problems as NP is experiencing?

Or maybe syncing shared calendars is a future feature? Because then I think I will wait a little longer Smile
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 13, 2007 11:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

rolandow: You do not need Lightning; you can sync Google calendars directly with the current edition of MPE.

rolandow

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 13, 2007 11:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I know. But I cannot sync the calendar of my friends, who have shared their calendar with me. So I can only see the calenders I own myself.

Even though I have read/write access to the other calendars.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 13, 2007 18:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Readonly-support will be added in the next minor-version.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
PatrickW

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 28, 2007 18:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ, NP,

Sorry for the delay in replying - just back from vacation this afternoon, and have downloaded version 1.6.2 - and the Google Calendar synch works!! Very Happy

Many thanks again for all your help / advice.

[Edit] Hmm... I should have checked that the synchs did work before I posted!

After a few attempts, I can see that my High Barn calendar is showing in MPE; however, it isn't showing in my 'phone! Confused
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 28, 2007 22:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please be more exactly with your descriptions and refresh the calendar using "Download all entries from phone"
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
PatrickW

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 28, 2007 22:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ,

Sorry - my turn to ask you to be more exact with your description: where would I find the "Download all entries from phone" command? Smile
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jul 29, 2007 09:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It's the button with the white arrow pointing downwards, right beside the sync button.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.