FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Does anyone sync Calendar and Contacts to google AND MPE? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 07, 2019 03:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you are saying MPE is syncing your phone to outlook, it should be set to sync to the Gmail calendar and contact account on your phone. Not sure why one would sync to the internal phone calendar and contacts so I am assuming that is what you do.

Anyway after that, I wanted google to sync that same Gmail contact and calendar account to the Google servers. Is thag what you are asking? Never heard from anyone that had success doing that, so never pursued. Logic says it should work but don't want to mess up my data.

BJB
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
maid

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 07, 2019 06:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I enter all my calendar events and contacts on my desktop, i then sync to the phone.

As far as I can see I have one google account that I have selected under sync calendars.

I assumed this would sync calendar to google.

If it does not then why is it there to select
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 07, 2019 16:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Makes sense. And that google account is probably the same one you use MPE to sync to. I was trying to do the same thing as a fail safe cloud backup in case my outlook PST got corrupted. Never saw posts from someone that did this successfully however. Not sure why it shouldn't work. And how google would even know the difference between MPE populating the google calendar and contacts or someone manually entering the data.

BJB
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 13, 2019 15:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can one of the many experienced and helpful members here weigh in? I am once again at a point where I am swapping out tablets for a few people using MPE.

I would like to continue to use MPE for phone sync to outlook pst and image backup to PC.
However I really need a solution to sync to tablets which would be sync phone to Google account in cloud and then sync tablet to google.

Any insight at all?

Two of us trying to do this. Must be a few more?

Thanks,
BJB0 Very Happy
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 25, 2019 18:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

As someone that thinks MPE is great software, recommends it, and contributed in past, thought I would try one more time.

If FJ or one of the great contributors here could reply to my original question detailed above. Syncing phone to outlook desktop, AND Google cloud, and syncing a tablet to Google cloud....

Thanks,
BJB
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 30, 2019 20:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Bill Irwin hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I made a change to the way I do my syncs to my phone and tablet with Outlook 2010. I was getting dups periodically when I had MPE set to sync Outlook to Google for both devices.

I trigger MPE from Windows Task Scheduler and wish it would stay in the background instead of grabbing the screen focus, without any sound, so that my typing elsewhere is lost and has to be redone.

I stopped my phone from syncing Contacts & Calendars and set it to sync only with Google, with the MPE Calendar Contact set to This Phone. The tablet syncs Contacts & Calendars with Outlook, which then it syncs to Google, which syncs updates to the phone.

This move has eliminated all my dups and allows changes made on one mobile device to sync to the other without having to be home and use MPE to perform the entire sync. This is much more versatile and useful.

Now, if we could just get MPE to recognize daylight savings so it stops syncing 14 GB of data to both devices, twice each year!

Bill,
I re-read your post from quite a while ago and upon further review, I think other than the DST issue you are doing pretty much what I want to do (although you are starting with your tablet)!

If I :
1) Sync my phone to outlook PST for a local backup.
2) Turn on phone sync to google and sync my google account on the phone for contacts, calendar and tasks....
3) then sync my new tablet to google. It will pull down everything the first sync.
4) then when I make changes on my phone, it will sync to google and update the tablet.
5) finally whenever I sync my phone to Outlook I will have a static local backup.

Will the above work without the duplicates that were mentioned?

Also, how many months will sync this way? I know with my PST and MPE it can go to the "beginning of time".

Thanks,
BJB
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 11, 2019 05:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

maid hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I am trying to get google to sync my calendar but so far failed.
Outlook on desktop sync fine to note 8.
Need google calendar to work???

I just saw this but do not know. I never got a response so still just syncing from my Note 8 to local outlook PST. Seems like a google cloud additional backup would be a great idea but have not read how to do it or if you get duplicates. MPE uses the google gmail account calendar and contact fields on the phone. Still works flawlessly for me.

BJB
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 21, 2019 18:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

BJB hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Bill,
We were conversing here:
https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28471&highlight=bjb

I have a new phone, the note 10+ and finally getting around to trying this!
Is it still working for you?

I sync contacts, calendar (ENTIRE calendar, multiple years) form phone to Outllok PST with MPE. Actually it is a backup, I now never actually use outlook on my PC, am 100% android. But I sync with MPE regularly.

I would like to sync phone to google so I can then use google sync on my android tablet to download and then sync contacts and calendar. Theoretically phone and tablet should stay in sync.

I was trying to follow your comment on duplicates and couldn't figure out how it related to my current situation.

Thanks for any input.

@BJB

I sent a reply to your Inbox message but I don't see it in my Sent folder so I'm replying here so that others can see my response.

The only thing I'm doing different now is syncing Outlook to my phone instead of the tablet. I rarely use the tablet anymore. The phone syncs to Google and then to the tablet.

I have reduced the MPE sync schedule in Windows Task Scheduler to every four hours to reduce the interruptions that are created when MPE runs and takes the focus away from anything I'm typing and causes my Taskbar to become visible. Any text I'm typing until I notice is in cyberspace and I have to retype. This is very annoying and should be able to be fixed because MPE is the only Windows app I have that does this.

Take the plunge and post any issues you encounter and I'll reply.

WiFi connection
Android MPE 1.0.74
Windows MPE 1.8.15
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 21, 2019 18:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Bill,
I re-read your post from quite a while ago and upon further review, I think other than the DST issue you are doing pretty much what I want to do (although you are starting with your tablet)!

If I :
2) Turn on phone sync to google and sync my google account on the phone for contacts, calendar and tasks....
3) then sync my new tablet to google. It will pull down everything the first sync.
4) then when I make changes on my phone, it will sync to google and update the tablet.
5) finally whenever I sync my phone to Outlook I will have a static local backup.

Also, how many months will sync this way? I know with my PST and MPE it can go to the "beginning of time".

Thanks,
BJB

@BJB
I did not receive an email notice of this post of yours so I didn't know. The answer is yes, that's what I do.

WiFi connection
Android MPE 1.0.74
Windows MPE 1.8.15
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 06, 2019 16:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Bill Irwin hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Bill,

If I :

Thanks,
BJB

@BJB
I did not receive an email notice of this post of yours so I didn't know. The answer is yes, that's what I do.

@Bill Irwin,
Thanks, same here. I am not getting email notifications on posts I am following.
I will take a deep breath and maybe try this next weekend.

Does google support unlimited history or is there a google sync setting to tweak?

I like keeping my old calendar history which MPE supports with the right settings for both android phone via MPE and outlook via MPE.

I don't want the the new phone-to-google sync to look at an old calendar entry on my phone, not sync it, and delete on phone...then MPE would delete from outlook and phone!

Thanks,
BJB
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 22, 2020 16:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If anyone is following along I thought I would help answer this.
From my reading and google forum support replies, they said Google web calendar only sync 1 year back and 1 year forward to stock Samsung Android calendar. If someone knows differently please post.

Therefore if you want more than 1 year of calendar history, google calendar sync is not a good additional offsite cloud backup of the data synced by MPE to your PC nor a good way to have all history on phone, tablet, MPE, and Outlook PST. It is unclear if all history stays on google web calendar if you keep syncing (I saw conflicting posts ) but past a year will not sync t your phone based upon what I read.

Love MPE.....just would like my data on tablet and cloud too.

Bill, if your experience is different, please let us know as I know you are syncing.

Contacts still seem like okay though....

Thanks,
BJB
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.