FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE client launches via phone data command Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
guitarman

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 18, 2019 15:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MPE client launches on my phone when I try to connect to it via My Phone Explorer. Even when Wi-Fi is disabled.
It seems to work via the phone's data connection.
What setting or mechanism causes this? Is it default behaviour?
I was thinking I could use this as a work around for the ending of the Wi-Fi launch facility in the latest MPE client update.
I want to know how to turn this feature on or off.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
guitarman

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 18, 2019 18:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm not imagining it.
I have noticed though that on the 2 computers running Windows 7 I have only one of them displays this behaviour.
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 27, 2019 04:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

guitarman hat Folgendes geschrieben:
It seems to work via the phone's data connection. What setting or mechanism causes this? Is it default behaviour?

What do you mean by "phone's data connection"? Do you mean cell data or USB connection to your PC?

I am not able to upgrade my MPE client beyond .47 due to it no longer being able to detect that I'm connected to my home WiFi so it can run and wait for my Task Scheduler to launch Windows MPE to see if the phone is available to sync. I don't want to have to think about syncing once set up.

I also don't understand why MPE is not allowed to see the WiFi name when another app I use, Tasker, is able to see the connected WiFi network and set my display to long when I'm home. I also have used it to launch MPE every 17 minutes (so it stays running after its 15 minute timeout) but that causes the MPE window to open if it's told to start when it's already running, which interferes with other phone activity.

Surly if Tasker can read the SSID, MPE should be able to as well?

WiFi connection
Android MPE 1.0.74
Windows MPE 1.8.15
guitarman

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 27, 2019 09:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Bill Irwin hat Folgendes geschrieben:
guitarman hat Folgendes geschrieben:
It seems to work via the phone's data connection. What setting or mechanism causes this? Is it default behaviour?

What do you mean by "phone's data connection"? Do you mean cell data or USB connection to your PC?

I am not able to upgrade my MPE client beyond .47 due to it no longer being able to detect that I'm connected to my home WiFi so it can run and wait for my Task Scheduler to launch Windows MPE to see if the phone is available to sync. I don't want to have to think about syncing once set up.

I also don't understand why MPE is not allowed to see the WiFi name when another app I use, Tasker, is able to see the connected WiFi network and set my display to long when I'm home. I also have used it to launch MPE every 17 minutes (so it stays running after its 15 minute timeout) but that causes the MPE window to open if it's told to start when it's already running, which interferes with other phone activity.

Surly if Tasker can read the SSID, MPE should be able to as well?

I mean the phone cell data. I have 2 computers running Windows 7.
One seems to launch the MPE client when I connect with MPE with just the cell data enabled on my phone.
The other will launch the MPE client with just the Wi-Fi connection enabled when I try and connect, even though I am on the latest client version and there is no 'Launch client automatically' setting anymore.

I hope I am making sense?
Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 27, 2019 23:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is it possible that one of your PCs has Bluetooth on and the other doesn't? To test your theory of cell data making the connection you need to turn off Bluetooth and WiFi on your phone, then launch Windows MPE and see if phone MPE starts. I don't think it will because I can't imagine how a Windows PC would use cell data to talk to your phone to get MPE to start.

However, if you can confirm that you can get your MPE client to start automatically using Bluetooth then I'd be willing to upgrade (again) and test it on my end.

WiFi connection
Android MPE 1.0.74
Windows MPE 1.8.15
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.