FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Calendar items disappearing in Google app- Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.
Autor Nachricht
Mabel

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 18, 2019 19:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am socially totally dependent on synchronising my (MS-outlook) calendar with my phone; using a nice widget, upcoming appointments used to readily appear on the default screen, thanks to daily syncing with MS-Outlook through MyPhoneExplorer.
Problem now with my new (Android 9) phone. Fantastic: using MyPhoneExplorer I copied contacts and notes from my PC without a hitch.
Yet syncing calendar items proved elusive and I now realise I have no idea what app is on the receiving side of these calender items. I tried the Google app 'Calendar' and indeed, at first it seemed to work: immediately after 'syncing' the items readily appear in this app. BUT even while looking at them they one for one disappear!
Of course I'd like to know why and how to prevent them disappearing, but I'd also be happy with advice about other apps MPE could send it's data to. And about getting 'upcoming events' on my front page again.
Thanx for your advice,
Mabel
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Mabel

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 19, 2019 16:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I think I solved it; here is how in case someone is interested.
The problem
- Android has a built-in 'calendar database', with one default 'calendar'; you can add more.
- Most, but not all, 'calendar apps' use this underlying database; notably the stock 'Google' calendar app. MPE, too, syncs with this database.
- The stock Google app is set to synchronise with 'your Google calendar' - that is the calendar (in the cloud) associated with the Google account you use to login to, for example, the play store. Usually, once you're logged in, you stay logged in.
- The 'Google calendar' (the one in the cloud) overrides the 'local' calendar; and as I have no items in my 'cloud calendar' this leads to the items added by MPE disappearing almost as soon as they are entered.
The solution
No doubt 'syncing with the cloud' can be switched off, but I didn't quickly find how and I'd rather not use the Google app anyway. So here is what I did:
- With MPE client, I created a new calendar in the Android database.
- In the App-section of Android's settings menu, I switched off the Google calendar app. (You can't 'uninstall'this app.)
- I downloaded the app 'Business Calendar 2'. It immediately found the calendar created with MPE.
BC comes with nice widgets, too; I now once more have my first few events on my home screen.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.