FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 TASK Sync Issues in v1.8.12 Android Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
RedFrog

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 07:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi

Phone: Samsung A30
Type of connection: USB
Windows version: Win10
Firmware: Android 9

Problem:

I'm having problems with Task syncronisation:
- upgraded to 1.8.12 from 1.8.11 several days ago
- sync'ing fine before
- the sync is simply not happening between the phone and PC, i.e. I make a change in either and there is no overwrite either way, the Tasks just remain the same
- also , if I create a new Task on the PC it might turn up on the Phone or might not and sometimes if I edit that new Task on the phone it might sync properly, and the other way around too!
- also, sometimes upon creating a new Task on the PC, upon sync'ing it creates a duplicate (same) Task on the PC
- Also, on the PC, the Task delete function is erratic, that is if you check the Task with a red "X" and then either "Syncronise Organiser" or Multi-Sync it may or may not delete the Task
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
RedFrog

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 08:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I actually just set up this new Samsung A30 as a replacement phone.

So, I did a Backup from my old phone and used that as the basis for setting up the new one albeit by way of separate folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming.

But, I kept the old phone data under the original folder name in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming.

Hence, it was possible to switch back and forth from the "new" User/phone and old one via "User" at the bottom left side bar in MPE.

Anyway, I removed the old folder and it seems to have helped with this Task sync'ing issue.

I'll play a bit more with it and post an update ...

... after a little more playing after this, the issue abated for maybe half an hour and is now back again!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von RedFrog am Do Jun 27, 2019 09:40, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Shohreh

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 09:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

A few of us can no longer sync. It looks like the latest Android MPE client (1.0.66) is broken.

Is there a way to downgrade until it's fixed?
RedFrog

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 09:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yup - scrolling thru various posts back thru June it looks like similar issues by various users.

Big issue for me, and I'd say others, as I uses Tasks intensively in my business and I've lost some data as a result.

Have used MPE for years (!) and always "bullet proof".

Hope to see it rectified soon.

Hmmmm...
RichM

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 11:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have exactly the same issue....MPE has worked very well for me over the years, however in recent days issues have arisen:

1. new tasks in the phone no longer sync to Outlook

2. I have noticed some kind of corruption in the data whereby different tasks / calendar items appear to be mixed up - i.e. MPE thinks they are the same task, however they are not. This has led to the loss of some data.

I upgraded to the latest version of MPE, deleted all my data o nphone and PC and started again from scratch - however the same issues apply, meanign the software no longer works for me.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
RichM

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 11:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have exactly the same issue....MPE has worked very well for me over the years, however in recent days issues have arisen:

1. new tasks in the phone no longer sync to Outlook

2. I have noticed some kind of corruption in the data whereby different tasks / calendar items appear to be mixed up - i.e. MPE thinks they are the same task, however they are not. This has led to the loss of some data.

I upgraded to the latest version of MPE, deleted all my data o nphone and PC and started again from scratch - however the same issues apply, meanign the software no longer works for me.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
Madmyke

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 30, 2019 12:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello
I use sync since many (many) years Smile

I encouter nos new issue since shortly, on 2 last version tested.
Sync for me seem to be ok but not multi sync and when I get error, impossible to restart any synchronisation. nee to force closing probram + restart.

It failed on Synchronised photos phase with error message: impossible to intialiste Obex protocol. Obex error: OK

Thank you
[/img]
chla

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 30, 2019 17:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Same for me, have tried to solve this problem repeatedly, nothing works. And as someone else mentioned, I have also lost data.

I really love this software, so I really hope there is a fix.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.